Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By erobinette17
  • 1 Post By ktb9780

Thread: emails??

MembersZone Subscriber

Default emails??

Anyone know if the feared mass email has appeared yet? If not, its bound to be around the corner, right? Thanks in advance for replys! God Bless!!

Forum Member

I hope they have been sent out because I haven't received one yet. I am hoping they are sent soon so I can either start planning for the next one or remain hopeful.
    Last edited by erobinette17; 06-18-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    RFD18 likes this.

Forum Member

They won't go out for another couple of weeks.

Forum Member

So, how much longer do you experts believe you should expect to see an 1199a for a FV if you havent got one already. I know there is a lot of dollars left, but it is hard to guess how many 1199a's are already out there. I am trying to keep a positive attitude on our FV grant this year, as I think I wrote a pretty competitive grant, however our past experiences have not been very good with AFG. Thanks in advance.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FWFD122 View Post
    So, how much longer do you experts believe you should expect to see an 1199a for a FV if you havent got one already. I know there is a lot of dollars left, but it is hard to guess how many 1199a's are already out there. I am trying to keep a positive attitude on our FV grant this year, as I think I wrote a pretty competitive grant, however our past experiences have not been very good with AFG. Thanks in advance.
    Suffice it to say that there are still more 1199as to come out; when they do and how they are spaced out is the $64000 question. Vehicles as you know are very hard to get and competition is ferocious. Keep your fingers crossed though, your first indicator is if you survive the computer cut, so if you see everyone saying the computer DJs are out, and you don't have one, that means you went to peer and things ares till in the running for you. If you get beat there it is usually because others with stronger needs got funded ahead of you. Good luck.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Still no mass emails that I have heard of. Still very hopeful !!

Forum Member

Heard through the grapevine that they were possibly coming this week but looks more like sometime between now and the 15th is when the 1st round of denials might appear.

MembersZone Subscriber

and my sources seem to confirm what Brian has said it looks like the first round of denial letters will be out next week or shortly thereafter

Forum Member

Well in light of my lack of 1199a and the dear john emails coming in the near future, it is looking like another year of no luck for us out here in BFE Kansas. What would you guru's charge to read through our application and give some insight on what we are doing wrong. I will have to pay it out of my pocket, but it is either that or give up on writing AFG all together. I get no support from the leadership at our department, so this is somewhat of a one man fight on my end.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FWFD122 View Post
    Well in light of my lack of 1199a and the dear john emails coming in the near future, it is looking like another year of no luck for us out here in BFE Kansas. What would you guru's charge to read through our application and give some insight on what we are doing wrong. I will have to pay it out of my pocket, but it is either that or give up on writing AFG all together. I get no support from the leadership at our department, so this is somewhat of a one man fight on my end.
    I'll give you a complimentary "once over" if you care to give me a call 863-551-9598. I'm on EST and here till about 6 so if you are going to call do it quick or wait till tomorrow. Kurt.
    islandfire03 likes this.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

sent you a PM with my e-mail address. be glad to give it a read through and see if anything pops out that could be easily corrected.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    sent you a PM with my e-mail address. be glad to give it a read through and see if anything pops out that could be easily corrected.
    Hey thanks! I spent an hour or better on the phone with Kurt and he pointed out plenty of places my app was deficient. I have got to find a way to get into a class! Thanks again, and i may recruit your help again in the future.

Forum Member

anytime:
    I learned most of what I know about grant writing from Kurt and the rest of it from all the folks here sharing knowledge over the past decade as we all tried to beat the odds and be successful.

I'm sure you chat with kurt gave you a lot to think about.He has that effect on a lot of us.

Thread Information