07-01-2014, 12:52 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2003
- Polk County, Florida
Paramedic Openings - Polk County Fire Rescue (Florida)
Polk County Fire Rescue has several opening for the position of Paramedic. Candidates do not have to have fire standards, but do need to be Florida certified paramedics along with several other requirements. Interested candidate can apply online at http://www.polk-county.net/embed.aspx?pg=4
CLOSING DATE: 5PM, 7/14/14
JOB LOCATION: Fire Rescue, Bartow, FL (May be assigned to any unit/station)
WORK SCHEDULE: 56 hour work week - variable hours, variable days
HIRING RATE: $38,940.80 annually (Pay Grade Z19) (5% less during orientation period)
The following is a summary of the job requirements. A full description is available by clicking the link above.
Graduate of an accredited high school or possess an acceptable equivalency diploma and possess a valid certification card as a Paramedic issued by the State of Florida Department of Health and must possess the following requirements:
1) Is at least 18 years of age.
2) Meets the requirements in Florida Statute 401.281 as this position may be required to drive an advanced life support vehicle in the event of an emergency.
3) Meet the following driving history requirements:
a) Have not accrued 12 points within 36 months or 18 points within 48 months.
b) Have not been convicted on alcohol/drug related offenses within 36 mounts.
c) Have not been convicted of two (2) alcohol/drug related offenses within 10 years
d) Have not had a suspension, revocation, or restriction due to moving violations or alcohol/ drug related problem, including failure to take a breath test within the 36 months prior.
4) Must provide proof of insurance when required to use their personal vehicle as part of their daily job duties.
5) Possess a valid American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support provider or instructor card.
6) Possess a valid American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support provider or instructor card.
7) Possess a valid Emergency Vehicle Operator Course Certification card or a recognized 16 hour course that is equivalent.
8) Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to secure a valid Florida driver’s license at the time of employment.
9) Possess a valid International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) or Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) provider or instructor certification.
10) Possess a valid Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) provider or instructor certification.
11) Possess the following National Incident Management System (NIMS) certifications:
a) ICS-100: Introduction to the Incident Command System
b) ICS-200: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
c) IS-700: National Incident Management System, An Introduction
d) IS-800: National Response Framework, an Introduction
No comparable amount of training, certifications and/or experience may be substituted for the above minimum state qualifications unless such an accepted equivalent is approved by the Florida Department of Health.
Must obtain and maintain Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Awareness certification through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Employees hired into this position after January 1, 2013 must obtain and maintain this certification as a condition of employment.
Applicants who have not been employed by the Polk County Fire Rescue Division in a firefighting, paramedic or Emergency Medical Technical capacity will be required to produce documentation that they have successfully completed a physical ability exam. The exam date can be no more than one calendar year from the closing date of the job posting. Either of the following is acceptable for this requirement:
• A Medical Physical Ability Test (MedPAT) from one of the following:
o Ridge Fire Academy
o Fortis Institute
o Polk State College
o South Florida State College
• The Ridge Fire Academy Physical Ability Test (RPAT)
• The Fire Service Joint Labor Management Wellness/Fitness Initiative’s IAFF/IAFC Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) from a licensed provider
Must have a home telephone within 15 days of employment as employee is subject to call in emergencies.
Must keep certifications and licensure updated as required for employment.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By mlinkins_fla in forum Hiring & Employment DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-01-2014, 10:41 AM
By utilitycow in forum FloridaReplies: 11Last Post: 05-25-2010, 07:42 AM
By utilitycow in forum FloridaReplies: 98Last Post: 01-22-2010, 11:45 AM
By captstanm1 in forum The Off Duty ForumsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-26-2002, 01:32 PM
By captstanm1 in forum The Off Duty ForumsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-19-2002, 01:14 PM