Forum Member

Default Old monitors, need info

Our department has a couple of old ground monitors that we no longer use and I was hoping someone might be able provide some (any) information on them.

The first monitor has 3, 2 1/2" inlets. Without blowing out my back, the only markings I could find are on the inlets themselves; Wooster Brass. Google doesn't turn up much information (I will be honest- I haven't exactly spent hours looking though), but I have found other nozzles, a patent and an advertisement that lead me to think that Wooster Brass was separate from Akron Brass (which is located in Wooster, OH). Can anyone provide any info on Wooster Brass, this monitor specifically and what it might be worth?
    Name:  IMG_0670[1].jpg
Views: 153
Size:  26.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_0672[1].jpg
Views: 134
Size:  19.6 KB

The second monitor I have no idea who the manufacturer is, as you can probably tell it's behind the Wooster monitor and on top of a safe about 6' high. It is currently mounted on a board for a base, but I have a feeling that wasn't the original means of mounting it. Any thoughts on this one?
    Name:  IMG_0673[1].jpg
Views: 120
Size:  19.9 KB

Forum Member

The second one is an older fly monitor for a straight stick.

As for the monetary value of them, of course the most you would get is scrap. If there is a collector out there looking for a model-specific device, they might be willing to pay more depending on how badly they want it.

As an antique apparatus owner, I strongly encourage you to consider donating them to someone with an antique rig that may need them or could use them to trade with other antique owners for needed equipment. You might also consider donating them to a nearby SPAAMFAA chapter.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

So the second one is off of an aerial device? Interesting... I'd like to know how we got it!

Forum Member

The second monitor was a aerial pipe for the fly section. However, if you look at it, there has been modifications done to make it into a ground monitor of sort with a two Siamese attached.

The top monitor is a standard three inlet ground monitor probably an Ackon or Elkhardt Brass Co monitor.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Thread Information