Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Medical Exams

Forum Member

Default Medical Exams

I have a medical exam coming up, and I have a few questions for any of you who know. I take some nutritional supplements for weight lifting and overall health, and I just want to know if they're okay. I take creatine, protein, a pre-workout (controlled labs white flood), an amino acid complex (scivation xtend), fish oil, and a men's daily multivitamin. I don't see anything wrong with them but anyone's knowledge/experience is appreciated, so I can double check. I also read in the Seattle 2013 thread that some people failed their medicals supposedly due to "working out too hard before the medical," which seems crazy but also makes me question everything I'm doing to be sure nothing weird happens. Thanks!

Forum Member

a friend of mine almost didn't make it on with denver do to elevated creatine levels. apparently it is indicative of improper kidney function. He was taking it as a supplement and working out hard prior to the physical. I've also had high creatine levels when tested in the past due to similar circumstances. I don't take creatine anymore, but before my next physical I plan on just resting for a few days prior to.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by William Bourbonstreet View Post
    a friend of mine almost didn't make it on with denver do to elevated creatine levels. apparently it is indicative of improper kidney function. He was taking it as a supplement and working out hard prior to the physical. I've also had high creatine levels when tested in the past due to similar circumstances. I don't take creatine anymore, but before my next physical I plan on just resting for a few days prior to.
    Very good to know, I appreciate it. My medical physical is in September so maybe I'll cycle off in mid August to try and give it about a month for the creatine, etc., to flush out of my system. Then will not work out one week prior. That should cover all my bases unless the half life of those supplements are greater than a month. If anybody knows how long those take to leave your system, it would be helpful to know and I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Thread Information