Forum Member

Post List of Grant Sources

So after much searching on the forums I have yet to find a current complete list of agencies/corporations/entities that give out grants. I'll start by listing the ones I'm aware of and if other members would chime in maybe we could all help each other out. Preferably grants that could be used by anyone in any state.

FEMA
    Walmart
    Firehouse Subs
    MFA Oil Foundation
    Fireman's Fund
    USDA

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firedwight View Post
    So after much searching on the forums I have yet to find a current complete list of agencies/corporations/entities that give out grants. I'll start by listing the ones I'm aware of and if other members would chime in maybe we could all help each other out. Preferably grants that could be used by anyone in any state.

FEMA
    Walmart
    Firehouse Subs
    MFA Oil Foundation
    Fireman's Fund
    USDA
    firedwight what you are trying to do is the Holy Grail of grants and finding a complete listing somewhere of all the grants which comprise the combined federal and corporate/private foundations grant system of apprx. $130 billion in grants offered by these organizations annually, would take an army of staff and a roomful of PCs. I do this 24/7365 and even my company and I would never admit that we have them all listed but, we do manage to keep a pretty solid listing going here: http://www.firstrespondergrants.com/...nts/grant_list . Now my list is free to access but if you want something more comprehensive try the CFDA.gov for Federal grants or www.bigdatabase.com for private and corporate foundations( that last one will cost you $3K a year to access by the way). There are a couple of us, me included, who offer grant writing training classes where we would cover exactly how to search for these opportunities also.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

I am indeed searching for the Holy Grail, as my chief is unwilling to work with the grant writer I have lined up to straighten out the FEMA system which has gotten badly messed up the only grants we are going to get are the ones I can get. So far I've only had luck with the MFA grant. And now that I look at that list it is a good list but it could be expanded and that's what I would like to see here is everyone chiming in with grants they've found.
    Last edited by firedwight; 07-24-2014 at 10:51 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

firedwight,

It will take some work on your part, go here
    http://nccs.urban.org/
    "There's no such thing as a bad day,
    Some are just better than others." JFR 1914-1997

Forum Member

There are several other databases available for a price. Since like Kurt we do this year-round for all types of non-profits searching for grant funds we have a subscription to the service at $30/month and they keep things pretty well up to date. They have different levels of data access but I can find what I need at the 2nd level up from the bottom, besides the fact we keep an internal list going for faster retrieval since we vet all of them before applying. Problem is that many change so fast. Capital One Foundation terminated their program this year, guess Alec Baldwin needed a raise....

Thread Information