For anyone interested...

http://www.fredericksburgva.gov/index.aspx?NID=216

MEDIC I - Starting Salary : $41,464

FIREFIGHTER/EMT - Starting Salary : $41,464

FIREFIGHTER / MEDIC I - Starting Salary : $43,250

FIREFIGHTER/MEDIC II - Starting Salary $46,820

Successful applicant for a Medic I vacancy will be at least 18 years of age and will have a high school diploma or GED. Successful applicant for the vacancy requires the possession of certification as EMT-Intermediate released by Operational Medical Director; current driverís license and current certifications in CPR, Emergency Vehicle Operators II, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.

Successful applicants for a Firefighter/EMT vacancy will be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED. Successful applicant for this vacancy requires the possession of the certification of Virginia Department of Fire Programs, Firefighter II or proboard equivalent; EMT-Basic; Current CPR Certification, Emergency Vehicle Operators Level III; Hazardous Materials Operations; current driverís license.

Successful applicant for a Firefighter/Medic I vacancy will be at least 18 years of age and will have a high school diploma or GED. Successful applicant for the vacancy requires the possession of certification as EMT-Intermediate released by an Operational Medical Director; current driverís license and current certifications in CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support. Possession of Certification of Virginia Department of Fire Programs, Firefighter II or proboard equivalent; Emergency Vehicle Operator Level III; Hazardous Materials Operations.

Successful applicant for a Firefighter/Medic II vacancy will be at least 18 years of age and will have a high school diploma or GED. Successful applicant for the vacancy requires the possession of certification as EMT-Paramedic released by an Operational Medical Director; current driverís license and current certifications in CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support. Possession of Certification of Virginia Department of Fire Programs, Firefighter II or proboard equivalent; Emergency Vehicle Operator Level III; Hazardous Materials Operations.

For more information about the similarities and differences in the positions, please contact the City of Fredericksburg Fire Department Administrative offices at 540-372-1059. This advertisement is to determine a pool of qualified persons to fill anticipated future vacancies. Criminal background check required. The City offers a comprehensive, competitive benefits package. The City of Fredericksburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

In order to meet testing requirements, completed City Applications, resumes, and certifications must be submitted before the close of business on Friday, September 5, 2014. EOE.