My fiance is a UK citizen and her family all live in Scotland. She wants to move back to Scotland to be close to her dieing mother. Well I told her I would do it as long as I could be a firefighter over there. My question is, does anyone know if they accept IFSAC, ProBoard, or DOD certifications? What about National Registry for EMT? Do they only allow U.K. Citizens to work in Fire and EMS?

We are getting married middle of next year so I should be able to apply for U.K. citizenship after that. Not sure how long it will take to get once applied for.

Any answers or direction to where I can find answers would be appreciated.