Forum Member

Default Massachusetts 2014 Exam

Hi I'm new to the site, got a question maybe someone can shed some light. I just got my results emailed to me and said my final exam score was a 96. Does anyone know if that score has i.e. Paramedic, EMT-B, Veteran status factored in or is it just what I received for the written and physical portion of the exam? Also was curious about the 10 mile radius rule Massachusetts has regarding residency, can you claim residency in any city within that 10 mile radius? Cause I live 1 mile from Boston and I'd love to claim Boston residency if I'm able to since Dedham just hired 5 firefighters in June and won't be hiring anymore anytime soon. I called the hr dept at the civil service and they couldn't give me a clear answer. Thanks in advance

Forum Member

For purposes of residency preference on the civil service rankings you need to living within the municipality for 12 months prior to the written test date. The 5 to 10 mile radius applies to your residency after being employed by the municipality. I missed residency in Boston by 1 month.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bgranja View Post
    For purposes of residency preference on the civil service rankings you need to living within the municipality for 12 months prior to the written test date. The 5 to 10 mile radius applies to your residency after being employed by the municipality. I missed residency in Boston by 1 month.
    That sucks didn't know they were so strict here. Thanks for the info

Thread Information