+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last
    Forum Member

Default Stamford, CT Fire Dept. Hiring

I'm kind of surprised to not see a thread for this. Today was the closing date on applications. Anyone apply? Anyone know any information on this?

I applied and registered for the Spring CPAT there as required.

Forum Member

I'm taking it. Already registered for the cpat. I didnt know about the open house and I'm dissappointed xD because that would have been a great opportunity to shake some hands and see what its like over there. Taking the written on the 10th. Also just took Willimantic CT last week and that dept looked nice as well.

Forum Member

Do you know how you get your receipt for the cpat? I sent in the application but I know you have to get the receipt and bring it in with the money order and photo ID

Forum Member

I received my CPAT confirmation in yesterday's mail. Schedule for sometime in late may I believe, I don't have it on me right now. Anyone have any idea how many guys they are looking to hire?

Forum Member

I got my CPAT letter yesterday, but no confirmation for the written. Has anyone gotten anything about the written?

Rich37- I'm also curious on how many guys they are looking for. I'm such a long shot. Non-vet and live out of state.
    Last edited by NJFirefighter311; 12-12-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Forum Member

Bumping this up. Anything new?

Forum Member

I applied here too. Got the CPAT letter, but nothing confirming that I'm doing the written.

Anyone heard back on the written?

Forum Member

Study guides went out in the mail the other day. I know of some who received them.

Forum Member

Got my study guide, pretty generic. Also had a letter just confirming my application was received, didn't say if I was qualified for the exam or any details as to when or where it is.

Forum Member

NJFirefighter, what do you want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by NJFirefighter311 View Post
    I'm kind of surprised to not see a thread for this. Today was the closing date on applications. Anyone apply? Anyone know any information on this?

I applied and registered for the Spring CPAT there as required.

Forum Member

It's not comforting to know that some guys got their letters already and somebuffyguy even got a letter confirming that they received their application. I sent my application via priority mail and it got there 12/7. I haven't heard back since. Of course I received a letter back immediately about the $150 CPAT.
    Last edited by EstablishingCommand; 12-26-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTFF View Post
    NJFirefighter, what do you want to know?
    Just if anyone heard back from them and how many positions they were looking to fill.

Forum Member

Stamford HR is overwhelmed with applications. The letter which accompanied the study guide stated that your application was received and that an additional letter would be sent out with a test date/time/location.

Presently there is a grant which may be used. If that grant is utilized, they are looking to hire for 16 positions. There is also a contract being negotiated, if that goes through, there may be a large number of vacancies.

Quote Originally Posted by NJFirefighter311 View Post
    Just if anyone heard back from them and how many positions they were looking to fill.

Forum Member

Stamford HR is overwhelmed with applications. The letter which accompanied the study guide stated that your application was received and that an additional letter would be sent out with a test date/time/location.

Presently there is a grant which may be used. If that grant is utilized, they are looking to hire for 16 positions. There is also a contract being negotiated, if that goes through, there may be a large number of vacancies.
    You seem very knowledgeable about this, so I was wondering if you might know- I know it wasn't a requirement that you live in Stamford to apply, but is it required to live there before being appointed?

Forum Member

All hires must live within 30 miles of the city per the current contract. That is after being hired. You do not need to live in Stamford to be hired. Plenty of candidates were hired without being a resident.
    Last edited by CTFF; 12-28-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Forum Member

All hires must live within 30 miles of the city per the current contract. That is after being hired. You do not need to live in Stamford to be hired. Plenty of candidates were hired without being a resident.
    Wonder why they don't mention that anywhere. Kind of important.

Thanks

Forum Member

I wouldn't expect much from Stamford's HR department.....

Quote Originally Posted by EstablishingCommand View Post
    Wonder why they don't mention that anywhere. Kind of important.

Thanks

Forum Member

Got a letter stating they received my application and a study guide. If I'm "qualified" I'll get another letter telling me where the test location is. What qualifies me? Because as per the application packet I filled out as long as you provided all documentation and proof that you registered for the CPAT you can test.

Whatever. No point in worrying. Apparently, they got over 900 applications so it's a long shot anyway.

Good luck to all.

Forum Member

Last exam had 1300 applicants....less than 700 sat for the test. If you're prepared, it shouldn't matter how many others are taking it.

The test is scheduled for January 10, I'd imagine invitation letters to go out this week. Good luck to all those applying, if anyone has anymore questions feel free to ask.
    Last edited by CTFF; 12-30-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Forum Member

Last exam had 1300 applicants....less than 700 sat for the test. If you're prepared, it shouldn't matter how many others are taking it.

The test is scheduled for January 10, I'd imagine invitation letters to go out this week. Good luck to all those applying, if anyone has anymore questions feel free to ask.
    I have a question. How the heck do you know so much about this department? Lol

Forum Member

The test date was published with the application, and I know a lot about Stamford....

Forum Member

Did Stamford ever even hire off the last test? Not sure if I'm gonna bring my $30 for a test they won't hire from again.

Forum Member

Yes, they did. If you don't want the job, don't take the test.

Quote Originally Posted by somebuffyguy View Post
    Did Stamford ever even hire off the last test? Not sure if I'm gonna bring my $30 for a test they won't hire from again.
    Last edited by CTFF; 12-31-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Forum Member

When was the last hiring ?

Forum Member

22 in 2012 and 6 a few months ago.
    Last edited by CTFF; 12-31-2014 at 07:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last

Thread Information