Forum Member

Default Texas industrial firefighting job openings.

I have been looking for a website kind of like the TCFP page that displays all open industrial FF positions. Does anybody know of one? As far as industrial departments go I know of RTFC in Corpus and Dow chemical. Are there any others that hire without fire certs? Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

more than likley not, if you do not have any certs

You might check with the current security company that handles the GM plant in Arlington, they might hire, but you do other jobs along with fire related duties.

And you have no FF certs or medical certs????

Forum Member

I have EMT-B, Nims ics 100,200,700,800 and 5 years of security experience. I also have Hazmat awareness although that probably doesn't matter much. Finally as a little extra certification I enrolled in the WMD awareness class online with CTOS Las Vegas.

Forum Member

You might also look into safety related jobs at hospitals, big plants, colleges, big hotels just till you get hired on a FD.

Now the great state of texas is always looking for Correctional officers???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire5555 View Post
    You might also look into safety related jobs at hospitals, big plants, colleges, big hotels just till you get hired on a FD.

Now the great state of texas is always looking for Correctional officers???
    I definitely will look for safety related positions. This great state of ours can keep the correctional officer bit lol. I have known a few friends that went down that route. This next semester I am going to switch my degree from criminal justice to emergency management so hopefully that might help down the road.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSkywarn View Post
    I definitely will look for safety related positions. This great state of ours can keep the correctional officer bit lol. I have known a few friends that went down that route. This next semester I am going to switch my degree from criminal justice to emergency management so hopefully that might help down the road.
    emergency management

It seemed to me hose jobs people were wating to hire you, but to me now, it seems like they are few and far between. Especially with no experience, no BA or Masters in the field.

Sorry, get the money some how an get your FF cert, the sooner the better!!!

Or get a RN cert and make a lot of money. There are RN jobs besides in hospitals.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSkywarn View Post
    I have been looking for a website kind of like the TCFP page that displays all open industrial FF positions. Does anybody know of one? As far as industrial departments go I know of RTFC in Corpus and Dow chemical. Are there any others that hire without fire certs? Thanks in advance.
    Are you involved with any public safety agency now? There are so many free classes out there, that can help you bulk up your credentials - which right now you basically have none, except EMT-B. (and many places won't even look at that anymore)

Forum Member

I believe in the state of Texas you have to be state certified to join any fire department regardless of what type it is. If I had a Texas EMT-B I would think about joining RTFC.

Thread Information