Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter430's Avatar

Default Any problems with Janesville/Lion Turn-out gear.

Thinking of buying department some new gear and was looking at Janesville gear. Feel great when you just try it on. Kind of new in this area so no one close to us has any long term field use. Please advise if you have any info or details.
    "Illegitimis non carborundum."

- Gen. Joseph Stilwell
    (Lat., "Don't let the *~#%&S grind you down.")

I would look into FireDex Gear. Maybe Securitex..Try FireDex. They are pretty good
    Explorer
    Ladder 111
    Rescue 5
    Squad 288

Forum Member FireCapt1951retired's Avatar

I have been testing a new set of Janesville gear with kevlar for about 9 months and I must say I really like the gear. It's very light weight with excellent mobility and dissipates body heat very well. It also holds up very well too, although I have always been a Janesville advocate for bunker gear.

I would still advise you to contact at least 3 dealers and get some test sets and see what your firefighters like.

Hi, I have had Janseville Gear for about 3 years now and really like the gear. The only complaint that I have is the suspenders, They dont hold as well as I would like but other than that the gear is light weight and has held up very well. I think you will be satisfied with it if you decide to purchase it.

Take Care and Stay Safe

We have some Janesville/Lion gear, but We've started buying Globe. It's pretty good, and it's been a little less expensive (for us at least) than the Janesville stuff.
    I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine.

--Kurt Vonnegut

Thread Information