True Heroes go forth into battle and leave their personal needs behind them only to never return.

God Bless the USA, fellow firefighters and emergency personnel & innocent men, women and children who never returned home.

SFDSmokeeater
    Mmmmmm, Beer

Dear Brothers and Sisters of the firefighter service in New York. Your fellow firefighters here in Albuquerque New Mexico IAFF Local 244 want to let you know that we constantly think of you during this ordeal. We are here for you. If there is anything we can do, please e-mail me. We know you are taking care of each other because we as firfighters do that each day, on or off duty. Our Local is gathering money to send to you. This is the least we can do. Take care of each other and continue to love each other. Our prayers go out to our Brothers and Sisters and their families who gave up their life to help their neighbors.

God Bles You!

Firefighter Michael Garcia
    Bernalillo County Fire Department
    Albuquerque, New Mexico

The saddest day in FF history. FDNY our deepest condolences and support we, all wish we could be there with you. Surely the the fallen firefighters that were lost in New York are heroes, please remember brother and sister firefighters, that they gave the ultimate sacrifice, like yourselves they are heroes before they went into that building. Be proud of the proffesion that you have chosen. Do your job and there can be nothing more noble you do with your life. God Bless and Take care of you and yours.
    Gilrod

The tragedy that occured on 9-11 will always be in my heart. My prayers and my families prayers go out to our fallen brothers of the FDNY.

God Bless,
    Dan
    Train like you mean it. You just might one day.

To our fallen brothers and sisters and their families. May you find some comfort in the knowledge that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Larry Pollock, Lieutenant
    Long Beach (IN) VFD
    Stay safe.

I'm an Italian professional fire fighter. I'm sending this message also in behalf of many colleagues of mine just to say that we keep in our hearts all our brothers and sisters who died as heros in NY and that we feel close to those who are doing their best to save lifes right now over there.
    Make no mistake: we all are with you americans.
    God bless all of us.
    Ciao. Marco LUPIERI,FF
    Marco LUPIERI, firefighter
    33100 Udine - ITALY

GOD BLESS OUR FALLEN BROTHERS MAY THEY REST IN PEACE.OUR HEARTS ACHE WITH
    PAIN AND DISBELIEF.YOU ALL ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. GOD WILL GET US THROUGH THIS.

reply to post 18523 9-15 @ 11:12
    Words can not state my contempt for your post. You have no knowledge of FDNY's training program or of the Dept in general.

The only debatable point may be the doubling of crews on some companies because of the shift change. I would have probably done the same thing if I was still in the firehouse.

I would add more but the post would get deleted.

GODSPEED BROTHERS ... Washington, DCFD

Forum Member

ten8/ten17:

Words simply can't describe the level of ignorance, immaturity, and crassness you've displayed here.

I'm not even going to debate the issue with you, although most of the people here could probably blow you out of the water in terms of firefighting tactics. Your simple minded, childish analysis belies a frightening self-centeredness.

During a time of national emergency, when we've lost more of our brothers at once that at any time in recent history, you want to question the tactics in a situation that no one, ANYWHERE, has ever had to face before. What a piece of work you are.

Do us all a favor. Keep your friggin mouth shut, and go give blood or donate some money, if that's not too much trouble.
    "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Originally posted by ten8/ten17:
    While I feel heartsick with everyone else, the real tragedy here is the FDNY training program. How many times will this happen to this city before they use standard SOP's like all other U.S. Depts. Those 300 firefighters could really have been helpful now, instead of rushing in and blocking up the only means of egress all those innocent people had. Doesn't anyone in N.Y. ever wonder why this never happens in Chicago, Dallas, or L.A.? Guess not. I hope they kill a lot fewer firefighters next year.
    Normally I'm quick to defend a "newbie".
    Today I just wanna slap you upside your head. What kind of smoke are you crackin?

What part of the "training" are you referring to. Are you trying to say that YOU are better trained than ANY of the FDNY members that gave their lives?

What we do is dangerous. Remember, it is US that run into buildings while everybody else and even the rats are running out.

We have the training. When bad stuff happens do the people dial the ice cream man? No! They call the Fire Dept. and the Police Dept. When a tragedy occurs such as 9-11 do they call for the sanitation dept. or the dog catchers? No!

Dude, if you're TROLLING... take it someplace else.

If you're for real... seek professional help! I have no time for you right now, and you better be sure that a LOT of guys will be watching any additional posts from you!

From: The Fire Department here at the Yakima Training Center in Yakima, Wa. We watched in disbelief. The images burned into our minds. We are still in shock. For me, it will bring tears to my eyes for years to come. The firefighter, medic and police family is large in size only matched by our hearts. We share a common tread to serve and protect. United we stand.
    Robert Ruszala
    Firefighter/Medic

MembersZone Subscriber

My heart goes out to our fallen Brothers and sisters in NYC. This has been such a tragedy for all of America but we must stick together. I have never been more proud to be apart of this great thing called the Fire Service as we move forward thru this dark period in America. I have full confidence in the President of the U.S.A. and know that we will remain strong as a country as well as Firefighters. Our efforts in South Florida are currently on the families of our Fallen brothers and sisters. We have started to raise funds to help aid them in therre time of need. Office Depot made a donation yesterday of $250,000.00 to our local for the families. I brlirvr that thru our members efforts in Palm Beach County and thru our local citizens support will raise close to a million dollars. There are alot of Firefighters and Police officers accrosss the country that want nothing more than to jump in a car and go to NYC and offer assistance and may be frustrated because there department's have not yet deployed anyone. This needs to be a controlled effort and we cant have thousands of personnel decending on NYC. I know that New York has been in contact with the governers of the different states coordinating what they may need from the states. We are seeling memorial window stickes and only for donations of whatever you can do. 100% off the funds will be going to the families thru the I.A.F.F. Information can be found at www.geocities.com/nyfdmemorialstickersNYFD MEMORIAL WINDOW STICKERS MONEY TO FAMILIES Thanks for our support.
    Neil Isler

Some Guy

ten8/ten17 you are a as*$le to the upmost. As someone who worked at ground zero I would like ti F&#@ YOU UP Why don't you come up here I have about 12,000 FDNY firefighters I would like you to meet. SH&$ BAG!
    This space for rent

MembersZone Subscriber

Palm Beach County Firefighters and Paramedics collecting for the families of our fallen Brothers and Sisters in NYC. Window sticker campaign underway, Window Sticker Campain 100% of all donations will go to the families of the Firefighter's and Police officers thru the Union.

Neil Isler FF/PM
    Palm Beach County Fire Rescue
    IAFF Local # 2928
    Neil Isler

As I try to absorb all that has happened and wipe away endless tears please know that here in Fresno California local 2881 you all are in our hearts and prayers and we wish we could be there to support you but for now you have our prayers!!

Be safe

Ten8/ten17 you have really big problems, how can you trash FDNY in this time of mourning. NO REAL FIREFIGHTER would do something like that you make me sick. As we real firefighters know we are all brothers and feel each others pain. You are truly sick and shouldn't be a part of the fire service, how would you feel if you lost over 300 of your fellow firefighters, and someone bashed your department. I bet you didn't think about that when you made your post did you? Where are you from North Carolina???? Wow really big department there. You are really sick and make me sick.
    If you cant take the heat then stay out of my way.

These are my opinions and dont reflect the view of my company.

Knowing that you have 18 years experience makes me even sicker ten8/ten17. I would expect someone like that to be less of an a@#h$%le and more caring for his fellow brothers and sisters. I GUESS I WAS WRONG YOU ARE THE TYPE THAT GIVE FIREFIGHTERS BAD REPUTATIONS. What type of training did you go through?

I am so angry at the post by ten8/ten17 I don't know what to say. He is very ignorant and should be taken to NY to see what a real fire department is. Growing up in the fire service I have always envied and looked up to FDNY as being one of the greatest departments in the world. I really hope that no one else in NC feels the way that ten8/ten17 does. I pray for all those who lost their lives in NY and I send my condolences to their family, friends, and fellow firefighters.

Forum Member

Hey TEN/8TEN17 **** YOU!

Forum Member

As a combat veteran and a 28+ year veteran of the fire department, I have always tried not to show my emotions and tears. As of 9-11, I can no longer hold back the sorrow and tears.

I can only offer the public safety personnel my prayers and my help when needed. We have over 250+ personnel ready to go to NYC when needed.

My God be with you all!

ten8/ten17 doesn't deserve a response. Apparently the oath he took only counts until the sh@t hits the fan!!!!

Forum Member

FYI The Webteam has removed ten8/ten17 from the forums and the posting priveleges for that individual have been terminated.

Thank you, Webteam for removing this individual and allowing us to continue to grieve for our Brothers and Sisters.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Firefighters, Services men, and Americans
    You are the first to come forward and many of you still stand. Your brothers of arms will soon lend a hand, With the Nation behind you and God at your side there’s nowhere in the world our enemy’s can hide. Remember this my brothers always have pride because your the reason we have this free land, always willing to out stretch a hand to your fallen follow human .
    God Bless you with the strength to go on today and always

Fireman's Prayer
    When I'm called to duty God wherever flames may be Give me the strength to save some life Whatever be it age Help me embrace a little child Before its too late
    Or save an older person from The horror of that fate Enable me to be alert and Hear the weakest shout And quickly and efficiently To put the fire out I want to fill my calling and To give the best in me To guard my every neighbor And protect their property
    And if according to your will I lose my life
    Please bless with your Protective hand
    My children and my wife
    Terry Duckworth
    Safety Officer
    Kimball Twp. Fire Dept.
    Kimball MI.
    http://www.kimballfire.com

District Chief

Gonzo...he is ignorant...but he is not stupid....all he has to do is come back with another name and his idiotic brain will smear these pages again!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Gods speed God bless

The only words that I think of are best said in an Irish Prayer it reads:

May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back,
    May the sun shine warm upon you face,
    The rains fall gently upon your fields and,
    Until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand

For all that have lost loved ones or friends or collegues god bless you all. And for the brave Firefighters in New York working to rescue those that are trapped GOD SPEED and good luck!!!
    -George Huckabay

Thread Information