Thoughts and prayers are with you all in NY and DC. Thank you for your wonderful strength and determination!

god hold dear in his heart and hands the brothers an d sisters who have been taken and their families and protect and keep safe those who are carrying on in new york and washington. our every thouht is with you ,you are in our prayers your canadian bother and sister fire fighters

Forum Member

"Firemen are going to get killed right along. They know it, every man of them. Firefighting is a hazardous occupation. It is
    dangerous on the face of it, tackling a burning building. The risks are plain. Consequently when a man has become a fireman his act of bravery has been accomplished."
    - FDNY Chief E. F. Croker, 1908

MembersZone Subscriber

Prayers and thoughts to all brother and sister forefighters in New York, from my family. You will always be in my thoughts .

May God bless all, and watch over those who are working to area.

Rick Atkinson

May I express my deepest sympathy to the families and friends of the tragedy that shook this great nation of ours on 9-11-01.

To the members of F.D.N.Y. ,
    Hang in there Brothers and Sisters, your loss is shared, and should you become weary remember you are in our thoughts and prayers. God will give you strength and carry you through. If you should need our help, don't hesitate to call.

God Bless

Ffr. P.L. Monda
    Engine Co. 3
    Elyria Fire Dept.
    Elyria, Ohio

Where was God on 9-11? Where is God now? How could God let this happen? Those are a few of questions that no doubt have appeared in people's minds this week. The answers may never be known, at least until we can ask the Creator face to face, but here's what I think:
    God was on every floor of each of those buildings. God was with each fallen brother and sister. God was in every seat on those airplanes. God is carrying each of us through the anger, grief, shock, fear, etc. God, too, is angry and filled with grief. God is unhappy with those who commit despicable and sinful acts in God's name. God is listening to each prayer and caring for each victim. God understands every emotion, including the desire for revenge and the anger people may be venting God's way. God is with each family member and friend of the dead and missing. God is with the investigators and rescuers and with government officials all over the world.
    God didn't "let" this happen. This happened because humans made choices. The price we pay for being able to love and care for one another, to choose the important people and things in our lives, is that some people will choose evil. Could God have stopped these people? Not without changing human existence from the beginning.
    The Islamic religion does not teach or condone acts such as this. The Muslim people are caring, peaceful people. Please do not add to the tragedy by allowing our desire for retaliation to spill over to innocent people of Middle Eastern descent and Muslim beliefs. The Palestinians we saw rejoicing were but a minute fraction of Palestinian people and were insulting and embarrassing to their own people. The time now is to show love and support for one another, choosing peace and togetherness over hatred and division.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you" (Jesus to the disciples after being resurrected)

Rev. Dave Hoadley
    Plymouth (Minn.) Fire Department
    **My personal beliefs not nec. those of Plymouth Fire Dept.**

I sit and try to find words that can capture the sadness and the pain that I feel over the loss of our brothers and sisters in the Fire Service and EMS, as well as all the people that died in this terrible act. I pray for all of them. Everyday since this happened my eyes fill with tears over and over again. We must never lose our hope, Good will prevail. God be with us all!!

As I sit here and read through all the posts I can only think of one thing. I am so proud to be an American Firefighter. And as I hug and kiss my children at night with tears in my eyes, thinking of how lucky I am to be able to do that, I hope that some day they will understand what it means to be a fireman. Not everyone can understand it. Appearently not even that 10-8 whatever guy. Perhaps he has never been to Emmitsburg on a special Sunday afternoon. Or to the Ott House to forget your troubles. But one thing is certain, there will always be firemen. Men and women who are not as concerned with their lives as they are with their fellow man. And I am so proud to be one. On Tuesday 9-11 as those brave souls (who while following sops) were HELPING evacuate the victims they readily gave their life. and when they died many of us still walking died with them. We will never forget you lads. We are very proud to have known you. God's speed on your journey to the gates. and please watch ofer us when you get there. God bless firefighters and God bless America!!!!
    Because if we don't.... who will?

MembersZone Subscriber

Like many, I too am at a loss for words. While I was growing up in New Jersey, I watched out my bedroom window as the towers were being built and little by little as it seemed, they were complete.

Like many, I've visited them, marveled in their majesty, stood on top of the observation deck, and ate in the " Top of the World" resturaunt.

I watched in awe as they went up;
    I watched in disbelief and anger as they came down.

May the Lord be with all of our fallen brothers, sisters, innocent victims, and their families.

May He be with the rescuers, and all other support personnel.

May He be with all of us.

God Bless America.

Ed Brando

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: emsbrando ]

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: emsbrando ]

As i sit and read all the messages to our fallen Brothers and Sisters my heart goes out to them all and may god Help us in the time to come. From the little Apple to the Big Apple God Bless You All

ten8/ten17
    If you were going into a building that you knew thousands of people were in, would you follow every department s.o.p.? I think not! How dare you call yourself a firefighter. You outta change your name because no one will ever listen to what you have to say anymore. Even if you do change your name we will still know it's you because your an idiot. GET THE POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: Jonathan Brown ]

I would like to express my deepest sympathys to all the fallen firefighters. There are no words to describe the pain and confusion we all are feeling.My heart goes out to all of your families.You have heard your last alarm and you have answered your final call, now may you rest in peace in the fire station of heaven..While you will now be the angels of all your brothers and sisters as you watch over us, we will never forget you..

God speed to all. My thoughts and prayers go out to the members and families of the FDNY, NYPD, and the thousands of people who lost their lives, in one way or another, on 9/11/2001.
    Take care my brothers and sisters.
    Take care, stay safe, & stay low!

Lt.

Brothers, Sisters, and other forum users; Please don't let the comments of the ignorant(ten8/ten17)strike on an already raw nerves. Its is from people of the same caliber that brought us this UNBELIEVABLE tragedy!!

Words cannot express the heaviness I have been feeling since Tuesdays events I wish to express my sympathy and prayers to all the rescue personnel (FD, PD, EMS, etc.) Both working and missing in NYC. And to ones working in DC. And to all the family and friends of these men and women. To all the friends and families of the missing civilians and military personnel in both cities.
    Lord please embrace us all and help guide us and give us strength in this time of need as only you can Amen
    Running in for those who are unable to run out!!

A Firemans Friend

A pain that is felt by the loss of a fireman friend
    Is a pain that will soon never end

For this loss has touched so many people in so many ways
    We often wonder who is in charge these days

It is the man who gave us the fireman friend
    That also decides when it all must end

When God called on our fireman friend to come home
    He did not really leave us all alone

For God gave us the memories in our hearts that will live forever
    And so will the fireman friend that we all loved together

And when we have the chance to meet him again
    It will be our fireman friend who will welcome us in

So when you feel sad and lonely for your fireman friend
    Spend some time alone and talk to him

For our fireman friend is no longer on earth
    But will always be there for you when the pain hurts the worst.
    Running in for those who are unable to run out!!

KPFF
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am in complete dismay at FDNY's loss which will represent the loss of approximately my entire department's staff. This is a dark time for New York, but they will rebuld and those lost will be remebered forever by all of us. May God bless the families and friends of those lost.The prayers and sympathy of an entire nation are with you.

To Our American Brothers and Sisters,

On behalf of all of my Brigade here in Sydney, Australia I extend our condolences to you in your time of despair. Know that we are thinking of you day and night and that all of you are in our prayers.

The world weeps for your loss as a country, and our profession worldwide weeps for the loss of members of our "family".

Our department flags fly at half mast as we wait anxiously for news of survivors. Our hope is strong. We believe you can feel it across the ocean.

Good Luck in your long and difficult task. We are ready and willing to lend you any support you require, even if it is just thoughts and prayers.

The past week has shown that you are no longer just America's bravest, but you are the world's finest.

God bless you all.

Regards,

AlexM

As a small volunteer fire dept. in Northern NY, it is sad to hear of the loss of so many brother & sister firefighters. Our hearts & prayers go out to the families as well as the rescuers at the scene.

My Deepest sympathy and condolences goes out to the brothers, the families and the firefighters of the FDNY, of who made the supreme sacrifice. May their courage not be forgotten.

Howard Vollovick, Firefighter
    Miami-Dade Fire Rescue

My thoughts and prayers to all my brothers on and off the job. "May those who have made the supreme sacrifice-REST IN PEACE"
    Mark Rosenthal
    Retired Lieut.E-229 NYFD

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: nyf1994 ]

This space for rent
    Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

My thoughts and prayers are with FDNY,NYPD,and all of the families that were touched by this terrible tragedy. The bravery that was exhibited by the emergency responders and civilians goes beyond words. I was saddened to see that Father Judge F.D.N.Y had died. He was a great man. I'm sure he is helping watch over our fallen brother and sisters. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THE RESCUERS!
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Godspeed to the fallen brothers and sistersand all those who have perished.England is crying and praying for all of you .Stand true and stand stand strong

GOD bless all of our brothers and sisters in New York and around the world and give us the strength and courage we need to continue on during this difficult time.
    Training with spirit, serving with pride

Captain, Rufer

The above opinion is my own and should not be interpeted as the opinion of any organization in which I am affiliated with.

I would like to add my small message of condolance to the families, relatives, fellow firefighters and friends of all the brave NYFD that have been lost in the outrage at the WTC.

How anyone can think that this depraved, sensless act will further their goals is truely a madman.

I am a retired firefighter and I openly weep at the stories of selfless sacrifice that my brothers and sisters of the NYFD made as they tried to carry out their duties.

It all seems so senseless.

Dave Clarke
    Firefighter Rtd
    Essex, England

In this darkest hour of our profesion may all the rescuers draw from the strenghth of your brothers and sisters world wide. OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALL.
    so others may live

Thread Information