MembersZone Subscriber

I have not been able to think about anything but this monumental tragedy and the hole that it has left in the hearts of everyone in Public Safety. I still cannot find the words to express my department's grief and sorrow to the families, friends and fellow firefighters of one of our nation's finest fire departments.
    But then I watched the promotion ceremony today and it becomes clearer. We should let the FDNY grieve their loss. Under normal circumstances, it should be a very private process, but it can't be. The world needs to know just how strong and how resilient the entire community of our nation's fire service is. It showed today at the promotion ceremony. These men are ready. They will help the department rebuild into one that is stronger. They will continue as they always have when their duty calls them and they will make every one of us proud again and again.
    I would like to thank the WebTeam for removing ten8/ten 17's privileges. Though he cannot post, he can still read, so ten8/ten17 read this: you managed to trivialize the tragic loss of unimaginable numbers of fellow firefighters on 9/11 into your misguided post. Shame on you! I would suggest one of two choices: 1) Either become a movie theatre usher where you can single-handedly conduct the safe and orderly evacuation of movie goers-you still have your flashlight don't you? or 2) join the Army, where you can single-handedly make the world safe for democracy.
    For the rest of us, we will go forward with honor and dignity in a profession that will test our courage every day, strengthen the foundation that was built by generations before us and act without hesitation to our call to duty.
    The actions taken by FDNY on 9/11/01 will NEVER be forgotten.
    God bless them and their families and friends. God bless us all.
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Here is a note from a little country in Europe (Holland) to all the ff of the USAnull we think of you everday in these hard times. GOD BLESS AMERICA and never give up hope !!!

TO EVERYONE WORKING SO HARD AND THE LOVED ONES WHO HAVE BEEN LOST MY HEART FELT CONDOLENCES GO TO YOU WITH THE HOPE AND KNOWLEDGE THAT WE WILL ALL SEE THEM AGAIN

Words cannot begin to describe the feelings that I have during this time of National tragedy.

My thoughts and prayers are with those who have perished and with those who have lost. For those who are brave and strong and who risk it all...GOD BLESS YOU. May you have infinite strength and spitit. The Nation is right there beside you.

I made this collage of pictures this afternoon with PhotoSuite. RIP all our fallen brother. You may be gone but will never be forgotten.

Matt

Helping Hands

I wish i could be in new york to help out my brothers in this tragedy. All my thoughts and prayers are with all the rescue workers in new york and washington d.c. GOD BLESS AMERICA,GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Those of you who have gone through the many pages of messages that were written have seen me post before. Today I went through 19 pages of messages, and I was amazed at what I saw. You know that there is a brotherhood withing the Police and FireFighters, you see it all the time in companies and in departments. It's times like these that you realize just how big this family is. I am very proud to be a member of this family, and proud of my family that they have sent so many messages of condolance, reasurance and hope.

I feel more assured that there are some Firefighters in New York that are reading these messages, and I know that they are conveying them to the others that they are working with, I hope that the messages that they receive give them more hope and strength to do the difficult task that they are required to do.

I have also seen the message that was left by ten8/ten17. It brings the sad reality that there are still those people who sitback and incorrectly analyse what happened days before. This tragedy and any tragedy for that matter does not deserve this kind of "armchair quarterbacking". I feel sorry for those who have to work with him, as after what he said, I would not trust him to watch my back.

It has been over 5 days since this has happened, and although I try to go back to a normal life, I feel that what was once known as normal, will never be again for anyone. Many things have happened since this terrible event. Bonds between family and friends have grown stronger, and a belief in America has grown stronger as well. May countries who once wouldn't talk to each other are co-operating in a focused effort. I just wish it hadn't been something this devistating that brought us all together.

On Wednesday, on of the local radio stations played "The Change" by Garth Brooks every hour on the hour as a tribute to all of those involved in the WTC and Pentigon tragedies. Since Friday they have been taking calls and comments from listeners on the events. One of the calls was from a young boy looking for answers that his teachers and parents couldn't give them, "Why did they do this?" That question keeps going through my mind. The sad thing is that there is no answer to that question. At least not a good one.

On Friday, there was a memorial service at Parlement Hill in Ottawa, Canada, as well as a memorial service at work. Both services had a large number of people in attendance. They estimate over 100,000 people at the Hill. I didn't find out about at work, as I listened and participated through the radio. I know that there would have been many people who couldn't make it to a service who would have done the same. They said that when they had the 3 minutes of silence, that everyone on the highway pulled over. All was quiet in the city for 3 minutes.

Rescue Workers in NY and those working in DC, gather your strength from your family from accross the world, and know that there are others that support you as well.

Families of rescue workers who are working as well as those who are missing, know that the world shares your pain, and are there for you.

My heart goes out especially to the children of everyone working and those who are missing. Those who are wondering when "Daddy" or "Mommy" will come home. Take heart, you will never be alone.

Those who were permoted, I know that this isn't the way you wanted to be promoted, but you were chosen to lead those who are working, and to rebuild that which was lost because you are capable and deserve these positions.

God Bless and Comfort those that are in pain. God give those who are searching for answers the guidence and reassurance that they seak.

In times like these, what can a person really say? To all the emergency personel and to all the families who have lost loved ones, our thoughts are with you in your time of need. May our fallen heros always be remembered. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone. God bless.

Bryan
    R.N.F.B.A.

9-11 2001
    BOX 8087
    FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS

pray for the families of the victims of 9-11-01. And to those who will find loved ones in the rubble, that they know.

Be safe!

Our prayers go out to every member of FDNY, GOD Bless you all.
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

These brave men and women make me proud to be a firefighter, as well as an American. I truly believe that when these firefighters went into the Twin Towers, they knew they weren't coming out, but they had a job to do, and they were going to get it done, or die trying. God bless every last one of them.

I add one more prayer to the list of many,
    for my brother fire fighters in New York City.
    May God keep you safe and may God keep you well,
    for our time to leave....we never can tell.
    A tear for today, a tear for tomarrow,
    I hope there will soon be an end to this sorrow.

Prayers to you from Southern Indiana
    Local 495

my thoughts and prayers are with you alland your families during this very difficult time.

from one family of firefighters to another on the opposite side of the world, BE BRAVE....BE STRONG....KEEP YOUR CHIN UP....AND STAY SAFE

God Bless each and every member of the FDNY, the NYC EMS and the NYC Police Officers. We are praying for our fallen brothers and sisters, their families and loved ones, AND for those dedicated and selfless brothers and sisters and volunteers, who continue to search for our lost family. My God be with you all in this time of tragedy and sorrow.
    Joseph Snodgrass
    Firefighter-EMT
    Station #9 Shift One
    Springfield Fire Department
    Local # 37 IAFF
    Springfield, Illinois
    US Navy Veteran 1989-1999
    Gulf War Veteran
    Roman Catholic Christian

MembersZone Subscriber

good day .
    Here we are 860 miles away and feel as if we are there with you in your time of saddness. We would like to send our Heart felt sympathy to each and every one of the members of NYFD,Port Authority Police and NYPD. for your great loss.
    Our prayers are with you now and always in your heroic deeds..

Signed.

Chief Adderley on behalf of the St. George Fire Brigade,

Mike Stewart on behalf of the Bermuda Police Reserves, St. George Bermuda.

From germany, gueglingen

God bless all of you.

In this dark hour all of your americanīs must know that
    we all stand together. The world has changed since last tuesday.

Our brothers and sisters the firefighters of the NYFD will never be forgotten. We are hoping and praying for them.

bertram karcher – fire department of gueglingen germany
    www.feuerwehr-gueglingen.de

Good Day!

I have been so moved by the efforts of your firemen and women, police officers, medics, and all of the volunteers.

But mostly for the firemen who paid the ultimate price is serving their fellow man. No greater gift does one give then to lay down his life for another.

I put together a song with news clipping to the tune of Garth Brooks The Dance.
    It can be downloaded from http://tribute-2-nyfm.no-frills.net/

MAY GOD BLESS THEM ALL AND PROTECT THEM FROM HARM.

Ken McKenzie
    Concerned and Praying!
    Kansas City, MO

On behalf of the members of Evesham Fire-Rescue, Evesham NJ, we send sincere condolences and prayers to our fellow emergency workers. We have all suffered a great loss. Know that in your time of grief, you are not alone. We would also like to extend our sympathy to every family and friend that lost a loved one in this national tragedy. You are in our every prayer.

The Members of
    Evesham Fire-RescueEFD Website

.......GOD Bless You Andy Fredericks and Paul Tegtmeier. Rest in Peace Brothers.

********FTM-PTB-FUOBL************
    FTM - PTB

Our brothers and sisters in New York have made the final bell. We have been hit harder than we could ever imagine. We will remember them, and we must pray for them. gscottmaine

Forum Member

God be with the familes of those who lost loved one in Tuesday horrid tragedy's, May the fire service never suffer such a horrid tragedy again, My heart goes out to all those who responded, I am deeply saddend by this loss,

God Bless the FDNY
    God Bless America My home sweet home

Our hearts are saddened by the loss of our fallen brothers and sisters in NYC. Anybody who is a part of this small community has had a part of them die as well. To the fallen heroes in NYC we salute you. Our thoughts, our prayers and, are tears go out to those who were lost and their surviving families as well. May God look after our brothers and sisters who continue to do the job in the face of tragedy.

Sean Curtis
    Firefighter, EMT
    Alberta, Canada

Words cannot express my grief and sorrow at the loss of New York's fallen heroes. May God comfort their loved ones and brother and sister firefighters. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and stay safe. greywolf@firehousemail.com

Hope everybody is having the support we got in Reno, Nevada! We raised $174,837.00 +++ in one weekend to help the families of the NYC firefighters killed at the WTC!

Here's the story from our local paper:
    http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/news/1000788969.php

Just get out there and do it, bro's. Just do it!

Get a few guys together, get one of the "cool" Battalion Chiefs to let you slip out with a reserve rig and head to where the people are! A mall, a grocery store, one of your town's tourist attractions, just wherever the people are.

What business in the world is going to not give you 10 of their parking spaces at a time like this? You'll have no problem getting permission to set up somewhere. Just as soon as you get there, call every radio station and TV station in town and ask them to get the word out. They'll do it!

Before long, it'll be a "department sponsored event" and dozens of off duty guys will be showing up to help. That's sort of how it happened here.

Make up some signs to let the people know the money's going to help the NYC firefighter's families. Hang a few American Flags off the rig. Get out there in uniform shirts (or union shirts, if appropriate) and turnout bottoms (liner's removed if it's hot) and put your helmet's on (if they're not too uncomfortable.)

Talk to the people. Tell them how we're all in this together and the FDNY has a lot of fatherless kids to raise now. Then watch the boots fill up!

Once you've done all you think you can, count up all that money and send it to the following:

Widows & Children's Fund
    c/o FDNY Uniformed Firefighter's Association
    204 East 23rd Street
    New York, NY 10010

I guarantee you'll feel better for it!

Firebraun

Thread Information