Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Ten8/ten17 you have really big problems, how can you trash FDNY in this time of mourning. NO REAL FIREFIGHTER would do something like that you make me sick. As we real firefighters know we are all brothers and feel each others pain. You are truly sick and shouldn't be a part of the fire service, how would you feel if you lost over 300 of your fellow firefighters, and someone bashed your department. I bet you didn't think about that when you made your post did you? Where are you from North Carolina???? Wow really big department there. You are really sick and make me sick.
    If you cant take the heat then stay out of my way.

These are my opinions and dont reflect the view of my company.

Knowing that you have 18 years experience makes me even sicker ten8/ten17. I would expect someone like that to be less of an a@#h$%le and more caring for his fellow brothers and sisters. I GUESS I WAS WRONG YOU ARE THE TYPE THAT GIVE FIREFIGHTERS BAD REPUTATIONS. What type of training did you go through?

I am so angry at the post by ten8/ten17 I don't know what to say. He is very ignorant and should be taken to NY to see what a real fire department is. Growing up in the fire service I have always envied and looked up to FDNY as being one of the greatest departments in the world. I really hope that no one else in NC feels the way that ten8/ten17 does. I pray for all those who lost their lives in NY and I send my condolences to their family, friends, and fellow firefighters.

Forum Member

Hey TEN/8TEN17 **** YOU!

Forum Member FireCapt1951retired's Avatar

As a combat veteran and a 28+ year veteran of the fire department, I have always tried not to show my emotions and tears. As of 9-11, I can no longer hold back the sorrow and tears.

I can only offer the public safety personnel my prayers and my help when needed. We have over 250+ personnel ready to go to NYC when needed.

My God be with you all!

ten8/ten17 doesn't deserve a response. Apparently the oath he took only counts until the sh@t hits the fan!!!!

FYI The Webteam has removed ten8/ten17 from the forums and the posting priveleges for that individual have been terminated.

Thank you, Webteam for removing this individual and allowing us to continue to grieve for our Brothers and Sisters.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Firefighters, Services men, and Americans
    You are the first to come forward and many of you still stand. Your brothers of arms will soon lend a hand, With the Nation behind you and God at your side there’s nowhere in the world our enemy’s can hide. Remember this my brothers always have pride because your the reason we have this free land, always willing to out stretch a hand to your fallen follow human .
    God Bless you with the strength to go on today and always

Fireman's Prayer
    When I'm called to duty God wherever flames may be Give me the strength to save some life Whatever be it age Help me embrace a little child Before its too late
    Or save an older person from The horror of that fate Enable me to be alert and Hear the weakest shout And quickly and efficiently To put the fire out I want to fill my calling and To give the best in me To guard my every neighbor And protect their property
    And if according to your will I lose my life
    Please bless with your Protective hand
    My children and my wife
    Terry Duckworth
    Safety Officer
    Kimball Twp. Fire Dept.
    Kimball MI.
    http://www.kimballfire.com

Gonzo...he is ignorant...but he is not stupid....all he has to do is come back with another name and his idiotic brain will smear these pages again!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Gods speed God bless

The only words that I think of are best said in an Irish Prayer it reads:

May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back,
    May the sun shine warm upon you face,
    The rains fall gently upon your fields and,
    Until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand

For all that have lost loved ones or friends or collegues god bless you all. And for the brave Firefighters in New York working to rescue those that are trapped GOD SPEED and good luck!!!
    -George Huckabay

Thoughts and prayers are with you all in NY and DC. Thank you for your wonderful strength and determination!

god hold dear in his heart and hands the brothers an d sisters who have been taken and their families and protect and keep safe those who are carrying on in new york and washington. our every thouht is with you ,you are in our prayers your canadian bother and sister fire fighters

"Firemen are going to get killed right along. They know it, every man of them. Firefighting is a hazardous occupation. It is
    dangerous on the face of it, tackling a burning building. The risks are plain. Consequently when a man has become a fireman his act of bravery has been accomplished."
    - FDNY Chief E. F. Croker, 1908

MembersZone Subscriber

Prayers and thoughts to all brother and sister forefighters in New York, from my family. You will always be in my thoughts .

May God bless all, and watch over those who are working to area.

Rick Atkinson

May I express my deepest sympathy to the families and friends of the tragedy that shook this great nation of ours on 9-11-01.

To the members of F.D.N.Y. ,
    Hang in there Brothers and Sisters, your loss is shared, and should you become weary remember you are in our thoughts and prayers. God will give you strength and carry you through. If you should need our help, don't hesitate to call.

God Bless

Ffr. P.L. Monda
    Engine Co. 3
    Elyria Fire Dept.
    Elyria, Ohio

Where was God on 9-11? Where is God now? How could God let this happen? Those are a few of questions that no doubt have appeared in people's minds this week. The answers may never be known, at least until we can ask the Creator face to face, but here's what I think:
    God was on every floor of each of those buildings. God was with each fallen brother and sister. God was in every seat on those airplanes. God is carrying each of us through the anger, grief, shock, fear, etc. God, too, is angry and filled with grief. God is unhappy with those who commit despicable and sinful acts in God's name. God is listening to each prayer and caring for each victim. God understands every emotion, including the desire for revenge and the anger people may be venting God's way. God is with each family member and friend of the dead and missing. God is with the investigators and rescuers and with government officials all over the world.
    God didn't "let" this happen. This happened because humans made choices. The price we pay for being able to love and care for one another, to choose the important people and things in our lives, is that some people will choose evil. Could God have stopped these people? Not without changing human existence from the beginning.
    The Islamic religion does not teach or condone acts such as this. The Muslim people are caring, peaceful people. Please do not add to the tragedy by allowing our desire for retaliation to spill over to innocent people of Middle Eastern descent and Muslim beliefs. The Palestinians we saw rejoicing were but a minute fraction of Palestinian people and were insulting and embarrassing to their own people. The time now is to show love and support for one another, choosing peace and togetherness over hatred and division.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you" (Jesus to the disciples after being resurrected)

Rev. Dave Hoadley
    Plymouth (Minn.) Fire Department
    **My personal beliefs not nec. those of Plymouth Fire Dept.**

I sit and try to find words that can capture the sadness and the pain that I feel over the loss of our brothers and sisters in the Fire Service and EMS, as well as all the people that died in this terrible act. I pray for all of them. Everyday since this happened my eyes fill with tears over and over again. We must never lose our hope, Good will prevail. God be with us all!!

As I sit here and read through all the posts I can only think of one thing. I am so proud to be an American Firefighter. And as I hug and kiss my children at night with tears in my eyes, thinking of how lucky I am to be able to do that, I hope that some day they will understand what it means to be a fireman. Not everyone can understand it. Appearently not even that 10-8 whatever guy. Perhaps he has never been to Emmitsburg on a special Sunday afternoon. Or to the Ott House to forget your troubles. But one thing is certain, there will always be firemen. Men and women who are not as concerned with their lives as they are with their fellow man. And I am so proud to be one. On Tuesday 9-11 as those brave souls (who while following sops) were HELPING evacuate the victims they readily gave their life. and when they died many of us still walking died with them. We will never forget you lads. We are very proud to have known you. God's speed on your journey to the gates. and please watch ofer us when you get there. God bless firefighters and God bless America!!!!
    Because if we don't.... who will?

MembersZone Subscriber

Like many, I too am at a loss for words. While I was growing up in New Jersey, I watched out my bedroom window as the towers were being built and little by little as it seemed, they were complete.

Like many, I've visited them, marveled in their majesty, stood on top of the observation deck, and ate in the " Top of the World" resturaunt.

I watched in awe as they went up;
    I watched in disbelief and anger as they came down.

May the Lord be with all of our fallen brothers, sisters, innocent victims, and their families.

May He be with the rescuers, and all other support personnel.

May He be with all of us.

God Bless America.

Ed Brando

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: emsbrando ]

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: emsbrando ]

As i sit and read all the messages to our fallen Brothers and Sisters my heart goes out to them all and may god Help us in the time to come. From the little Apple to the Big Apple God Bless You All

Thread Information