The men and women of the Guam Fire Department, U.S. Territory of Guam, extend our condolences and deepest sympathies to the citizens of New York City and Washington D.C., to the families and friends of the victims and for our fallen brothers and sisters in both cities.

Though we are unable to help with the rescue efforts, due to our location, we stand proud, though saddened, knowing that we are associated with heroes that paid the ultimate price while trying to effect rescue efforts, without due regard to personal safety. These are the types of sacrifices that have no explanation. The reasons only come from within. They will never be forgotten here on Guam.

We wish to also give our support to the heroic rescue efforts currently underway. We know you will not stop until the last person has been rescued and the last victim recovered.

With respect to these heroes, all the flags of Guam, both U.S. and Territorial, will be flown at half mast.

In closing, our prayers go out to all and to those engine companies and squads that will forever be in service, to those EMS personnel that will always be treating their patients, to those police officers that will always be "walking" the beat, to the military personnel that will forever be on active duty and to all those civilians that will always be serving their country.

We truly feel the heavy pain in our hearts of this great loss and tragedy.

May God Bless America!!!!

The Men and Women of the Guam Fire Department, Guam, USA.

Here is a poem that was sent to me. I thought I would share it with all of you.

GOD BLES AMERICA!!!!

My Brother has fallen; no, I don't know his name.

Have not the same parents still family all the same.

He lives in this town, I live in another,

It doesn't really matter 'cause this man is my Brother.

My Brother I call him, yet I've never seen his face.

I have brothers and sisters all over the place!

You see I am a Firefighter and our families are one.

Around the world, a brotherhood of unity,

A closeness, a bond, most people don't see.

I'll watch his back; She'll watch mine,

"You go, I go," time after time.

His family's my family, Her family theirs,

We're part of one family where everyone cares,

I'll look after your kids, please look in on my wife,

Should that day finally come when I laid down my life.

We dedicate our lives helping our fellow man,

Living day after day doing all that we can,

Where ever we're needed whether nighttime or day,

To save the life of another we'll step in harms way.

My Brother has fallen doing what he loved best,

And among the Honored, he now stands with the rest

For a mile in dress uniform here everyone stands,

For my Brother has fallen, God into your hands.

The Knox-Center Township Fire Department would like to send their prayers to those who gave the ultimate to protection of others. Let us not forget as brothers and sisters we now have family members that need our support. Show your support however and whenever you can!

Heaven must have one heck of fire department to take the best.

When this happend i was standing outside. I had the radio on and i was drinking my coffee. As the radio cut off and news came on saying that 2 planes had crashed into the WTC. I paused then they say the tower just crashed down. As i listended i hear sirens in the back ground. As WTC comes down you can hear the siren cut of. I droped my coffee cup and started crying. For all of you in NYC have Faith we are all praying for you. Never Give up Hope.

May God bless all of you and have Mercy on those Fallen Brothers that will not answer a another alarm.

I pray for all of your safety. Please give blood they will need it. I have given 2 pints in a week.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

I am still in shock that one person could hate another so much as to do such a thing. WHY? In the aftermath of this tragedy we need to regroup our nation, remember those fallen, and reteach ourselves how to live as one. Hate has no place in this except to cause more suffering for all of us. Justice will be served, of that I am certain. I extend my heartfelt sympathy and my shoulder to all those who were involved in this horrible tragedy and lost loved ones...I can't even imagine the pain. God Speed. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!
    Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

From Up-State N.Y. Our hearts and prayers are with you all. God Bless us all and keep your spirits close. You'll never be forgotten.

I know we all have hopes and wishes after such a grave tragedy. I wish it never had happened. My prayers go out to the children and spouses of our fallen brothers. Now we need not look to any man as to what we do now, a Christian will look to God. Now let us all pray for what God wants us to do as we move on. That will leave no question that it is the right thing to do.

It is unbelieveable! I was sitting in our Department, as someone told me about the attack on the wtc. Be sure: The german people and especially the german fire-fighters/EMTs are with you in their thoughts!
    I still can't believe it!

Dispatch Dweller
    On the way to the station. Really. It's 12 kilometers away and there's traffic.

I'm going to post something here my sister, also a firefighter/EMT with my department, wrote last Thursday and submitted to a couple of local newspapers.

-=-=-

On Tuesday, September 11, 2001, all of our lives were forever changed. The appalling terrorist act that claimed so many lives could not fail to touch us all in ways we have yet to appreciate. The staggering death toll was hard enough to bear, but for those of us who work in emergency services, the sudden loss of nearly 300 firefighters and almost 100 police officers was a shattering blow. Firefighters, police officers and paramedics tend to view each other as family.

That evening, our department was scheduled to train, as we do every Tuesday night. Firefighters began arriving at the station during the afternoon, seeming to need to be together, and knowing that firefighters would understand the grief we were feeling. We all sat in front of the television, flipping from channel to channel for hours, searching for any tidbit of information about our fallen brethren. When training began, those of us in between exercises could be found huddled around the television. We hung black bunting on the tower at the station to show our respect and grief for those brave souls who probably would have been safe had they not dedicated their lives to helping others.

Firefighters are known for coping with the difficult realities of the job we do with dark humor, but since that day, we've been at a loss. We're a quieter group, sadder, quicker to protect each other, quicker to cry. We take comfort in each other.

Today, when I arrived at the station, there was something else to take comfort in. Flowers and a card hung on the wall under the black bunting. The card read, "Our hearts and prayers go out to all firefighters and their families and to all victims of the terrible, tragic events of September 11, 2001. Thank you to all who risk their lives every day trying to help others." It reminded us that our community is there to comfort us as well, and that our contributions and those of the heroes who went before us are not taken for granted. We want to thank you all for your support, and we extend our sympathy and prayers to all those touched by this heinous crime.

--Redwood Meadows Emergency Services
    --jay.

Few of us can imagine, the pain these hero's familys are going through. Lets all put out our best effort to make certain they feel loved by us. Give your money to fire fighter relief funds, give your time, and if you can, make the trip to the memorial service for that overwhelming show of support our brothers and sisters familys deserve.

The members of the Wapella, Illinois fire department have all of the members of the FDNY in their thoughts and prayers. May you all be able to stay strong and have the courage to keep up your relentless work. We are all thinking of you.....every day. God bless each and every one of you.

JMK271 - Wapella, IL Volunteer Fire Dept.

For all those who perished or were injured in the attacks, may god bless you and watch over your families, an entire nation grieves for each and every one of you.

"All these were honored in their generations and were the glory of their times."
    Ecclesiasticus 44:7

God Bless you all and God Bless America!

When you mix training and dedication you're called a PROFESSIONAL.

When you mix compassion and caring you're called a FRIEND.

When you mix bravery and selflessness you're called a HERO.

When you mix all three you're called a FIREFIGHTER.

God Bless the F.D.N.Y.

Our prayers are with you and your families.

Kirkwood Missouri FD
    St. Louis County IAFF Local #2665

Our Prayers to all New York Firefighters and Law Enforcement Families, and to the citezens of NewYork. MAY GOD WATCH OVER ALL, Now and Forever

Ken Brown
    Martin County Fire Rescue
    President
    Fellowship of Christian FireFighters
    Martin County Stuart Chapter
    FLORIDA

Hello to all,

I really truly do not know where to begin. In an attempt to keep this short and sweet let me just start by saying to my family I feel you pain from last Tuesday.

I have sat here in front of this computer screen with a frog in my throat for many nights as I read and hear of more firefighters being found. It is without a doubt disturbing that this has happen to us. I only wish I were there.

To our families of fallen brothers and sisters my heart is with you and some day soon I will be in New York to say my farewell to my brothers and sisters.

SKIDZZ
    PROUD, PROFESSIONAL, PROGRESSIVE

Day after day as I watch the rescue efforts in New York, and I hear the numbers grow, my heart breaks more for the men and women that were lost by the senseless act of mass murder. my heart bleeds for the families and children who have to cope with never seeing thier loved ones again.
    Having family members that are firefighters who are involved in the rescue efforts as well, I pray for all involved and may the Lord keep all of you safe from harm. We have already lost too many.

Chief Officers in NY: PLEASE don't make the FDNY recover the bodies of their fallen comrades when we the countless thousands of the rest of the Fire Service stand ready to help with this task. MAKE them move from the site and begin CISD and attending to the families of those who were lost. This may be hard, but it is the LIVING that need their support, the gallant dead are in the loving arms of God. This is NOT a normal incident where there is a normal time span between loss and recovery. No one could or should ask more of these guys. Those lost are Americans, WE are Americans. Please don't allow FDNY to be further injured by allowing them to stay now that the focus of the incident has changed. We the Fire Service Family should be allowed to step in and take over recovery. It would be less stress on us to undertake this task. We all feel your pain Brothers. We are ready to help. May God continue to bless you all.

In everything we do - we honor our fallen brethren.

God bless America, God bless the FDNY.

Everyone,
    You guys have said it all, yet there's so much more to express...I wish I had the words. Thank you for putting your feelings on this board. Your presence, however faceless, is a comfort. I am still in shock over how this has changed the fire service, our country, and the world. I never wanted to live history this way. What the rescuers on scene must be enduring is just unspeakable.

Courage to everyone,
    Sonic
    Sonic

My deepest sympathy to all the families and colleagues, brothers and sisters of the FDNY, NYPD and EMS staff died in this awful act of terrorism.
    All fire, emergency and police vehicles here have placed black ribbons at their antennaes to remember the fellows died in the collapsing WTC towers.

A paramedic, Heilbronn, Germany

Forum Member

All our prayers go out to the FDNY and NYPD. Keep strong NYC!
    TW

In light of the recent events, I thought I would share a poem I wrote long before the events last Tuesday, September 11th took place. I feel like we, who are described below, look at the recent events differently and feel a connection to them. I feel as though we are connected to those who are rescuers - especially those who we love dearly and are a part of our family. I cannot imagine what it must be like, but I know that I am affected in a different way - with a different form of respect and understanding for those who are risking their lives. However, this of course is not the first time I have felt this way as you will hear in the poem below, which describes my thoughts about being part of this family and knowing how profoundly it affects me each day. I am thankful for being part of such a warm, loving, caring & daring group of people, who I do not think exist anywhere else on this Earth.

FIREFIGHTER BLOOD

I have firefighter blood.
    I am not a firefighter.
    I am a sister to a firefighter.
    I am a niece to a firefighter.
    I am a grandaughter to a firefighter.
    I am a cousin to firefighters.

I grew up in a firefighter house.
    I listened to the scanner.
    I anxiously awaited details about the call.
    I was relieved when the firefighters returned.

Sirens do not bother me.
    Sirens remind me that someone is risking their life for another human being.
    I wake to sirens each night. I do not sleep through them.
    I am not annoyed when sirens awaken me.
    I am appreciative that someone, again, is risking their life for another human being.

Flashing lights are a sign to me that help is on the way.
    I quickly retreat from the path of the flashing lights.
    I sometimes even follow the flashing lights.
    Why?

Firefighter blood is uncommon.
    Firefighter blood breeds in families.
    Firefighter blood injects adrenaline into all it touches.
    Mothers, daughters, sons, fathers.
    It touches all who are connected by blood.
    Firefighter blood teaches true compassion.
    True service. True human emotion. True fear.
    True love for those who serve.

I never escape from the sight of emergency.
    I lean towards the need to serve.
    I support all others who have firefighter blood.
    I support my brother, the firefighter.
    I support my uncle, the firefighter.
    I support my cousins, the firefighters.
    I support my grandpa, a great firefighter.
    I support the firefighters who never leave my brother's, uncle's, cousins', grandfather's side in time of duty.

My children will have firefighter blood.
    As my mother has firefighter blood, I, her child, has firefighter blood.
    It is an endless cycle that will never be stopped.
    Compassionate, loving, brave people emerge from the families that breed firefighter blood.
    My family is tied together by firefighter blood.
    We are not only tied to one another, but all who serve and all who touch our lives through the veins of firefighter blood.

I am not a firefighter.
    I am a sister to a firefighter.
    I am a niece to a firefighter.
    I am a grandaughter to a firefighter.
    I am a cousin to firefighters.
    -Alexa Thomas, 2001
    Alexa

Even though it has been 9+ days now I still can't think about this tragedy without my eyes tearing up and my heart hitting the back of my throat. I only hope and pray for All of those affected by the Events of 9/11/01 both in Washington DC, and New York -&- in the rest of the country.

May God grant us peace, unity and the strength to carry on in this dark time while shining his guiding light on all those directly involved with the rescue/recovery efforts. These things I pray in Jesus' Most Holy Name, Amen!
    Lets watch out for each other because no one else will! Be safe and sane! Opinions Expressed are Mine alone and do not reflect on any dept or organization to which I may belong.

Here is a power point tribute to our fallen brothers and sisters of the FDNY that I created with some help of photo's from FireHouse.com.
    http://findamarket.com/fdny/GodBless.html

Thread Information