To our Brothers and Sisters of the New York City Fire Department.
    I would like to express our deepest sympathy and regret for your great loss
    From all at Newry Fire Station
    Northern Ireland
    Fire Service

Although I personally do not know any FDNY Firefighters I feel they are a part of my Family of Firefighters and can not express the saddness I feel Each and Everyday to those Hundreds of members that gave thier lives. It is a Job like no other -- One that knows no boundry and doesn't pass judgement on those in need. My hat is off to each FDNY, NYPD, FDNY-EMS, NY/NJ Port Authority Member involved @ W.T.C. 09/11/01

God-Bless-You-All !!!
    ***The Opinions expressed here are strictly my own and do not reflect those of the Department to which I am a Member ! ***

Stratford Fire Co. # 1.."Any Job ~ Any Place ~ Any Time"

Check us Out www.stratfordfire.com

It is more than a week later now but as I write this I fight back tears. I am only 19 and FF/EMT for a year. I grew up around the Fire service with a chief of 20yrs my grandfather, his son and my dad a FF of more than 30yrs this is tradition. I have learned many things growning up around it, like we are all a family, brothers and sisters. How we take care of each other. Civialians until now I dont think really understood that. I dont know that I really understood it, until I saw these pictures of FireFighters around the World morning NY's loss. This is a tighernit family than the armed services. I look up to all FF. Many of my instructors have been from NY. You are our fallen heros.
    It takes special person to do the jobs we do and live the lives we live, But it takes an even more special lady to deal with us and understand us. My heart goes out to all the families and Station families. We have the soldiers raising the flag monument, Why cant we do the same thing for those that give thier lives to people they dont know everyday? The Fireman's prayer says it all.
    There is a painting of FireFighters raising a latter to a window with a mystical U.S. flag and its almost the same as the army one, and the picture of the three firefighters raising the flag amist the rubble. This is a place in history, why not put a memorial monument to the ones we lose everyday there. To All the Fallen FireFighters across the World, You Are my Heros. Jamison454 3rd generation FF and SB volunteer.

I watched live as civilians were dying, I rang and woke up my father (retired F/F) and we watched the horror together.

We did not expect to see, minutes later, hundreds of our brothers (and sisters?) die right before our very eyes !!! Words will never describe.

Rest assured, Firefighters around the world are by your sides and in your hearts. My Platoon thinks of you every minute.
    _ _ _ __________________ _ _ _
    May the wind be always at your back.........................
    _ _ _ __________________ _ _ _
    Sully....

The Hancock County FireFighters Association, composed of the 33 fire departments in Hancock County wishes to express their heartfelt condolences to the emergency workers of New York City who lost their lives on September 11th and to honor those who continue with the recovery effort.

The following was written on September 12th by one of our members who wishes to remain anonymous.

The Gift
    A morning in September
    We'll hold forevermore
    When horror came from out the skies
    And attacked our country's shore.

We stood there shocked to silence
    Knowing what the price must be
    And saw attacks just multiply
    To one, we added three.

Yet still we stood in silence
    It seemed so like a dream
    Then far off in the distance
    We heard a siren scream.

They raced right in, we knew they would
    For the rescue of all others
    Then crumbling walls did take their toll
    Of our sisters and our brothers.

Duty bound they all rushed in
    To see who they might save
    We all would see the sacrifice
    They so unselfish gave.

We've seen the pumpers battered shell
    An aerial's cab that's broken
    And felt the pain of breaking hearts
    No words here need be spoken.

Retaliate we all agree
    Our country must attack
    Yet though it seems to justify
    It cannot bring them back.

Now we must focus straight ahead
    Set sorrow off aside
    And let our flag wave way on high
    To show our Country's pride.

They'd do the same for you and me
    No more would they expect
    This Country great is what they loved
    And held with such respect.

So try to smile and share that love
    Upon the land they trod
    And know that they are safe at home
    Within the hands of God.

And from this day and evermore
    When the flame of hate we smother
    Remember well the love they gave
    Each sister and each brother.

-Anon

The American's Creed

" I belive in the United States of America as a Goverment of the people by the people ,for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union, one and unseparable; established upon the principals of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and their fortunes.

I therefore belive it is my duty to my Country to love it; to support its consititution; to obey its laws; to respect its flag, and to defend it against all ememies."

The Author of the American's Creed,
    William Tyler Page printed in the Congressional Record
    of April 13, 1918

To all my fellow brothers and sister who were lost you will be remembered and retribution shall be done
    Shane D. Anderson
    Miami-Dade Fire Rescue

May God bless everyone who lost someone 9-11-01. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

Forum Member

World's largest open-air insane asylum... Santa Cruz CA

12 days later, I still have a problem finding the words to express my feelings regarding the events of 9/11/01 and the loss of so many brothers and sisters. But somehow, I don't think any of us here would have done anything differently...

I made up a small tribute to our fallen comrades, which I've been using on another forum. I hope you won't object if I use it here.

God bless the FDNY and every firefighter.

Remember the brothers... FDNY 9/11/01

FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

I.A.C.O.J. for LIFE!

Forum Member

God be with the family of all our fallen brothers and sisters. Words do not describe how we all feel. God speed to our nations armed forces during the operation to rid the scum of the earth from further attacks on our GREAT NATION.
    Firefighter/NREMT-P/Public Safety Diver
    May we ride into the darkness only to return as safe as we started!!

Just felt on behalf of my colleagues and I on the red watch at Glenrothes, and no doubt throughout our brigade and beyond, that our thoughts are with you and your fallen firefighters and your famillies.

we all do our do our best,and no one can ask more than what your colleagues gave.
    therefor the grace of god go us all !
    Graham D

I still can not find the words to describe the way I am feeling, but the last 22 pages or so is a good start.

FDNY my thoughts and prayers are with all of you and yours.
    The brave sometimes die young, but the cautious never live at all...

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

PLEASE PRAY FOR
    Captain Frank Callahan Ladder 35
    Lieutenant John Ginley Engine 40
    Fr. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    Fr. Jim Giberson Ladder 35
    Fr. Mike Otten Ladder 35
    Fr. Steve Mercado Engine 40
    Fr. Kevin Bracken Engine 40
    Fr. Mike Roberts Ladder 35
    Fr. Mike Lynch Engine 40(Rotation L-32)
    Fr. Vinny Morello Ladder 35(Rotation E-283)
    Probationary Fr. Mike D'Auria Engine 40 (8th week on the job)
    ENGINE 40 LADDER 35
    131 Amsterdam Ave
    New York, New York

[ 11-03-2001: Message edited by: E40FDNYL35 ]

[ 11-03-2001: Message edited by: E40FDNYL35 ]
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Words cannot express the deep gratitude and profound sorrow that slices into the core of my soul.
    You are a special breed of people and an inspiration. Thank you for your sacrifice and may we all find a comfortable peace within ourselves as we continue to deal with this horrific tragedy and our uncertain future.

Bless you.

~Becky
    Critical Care RN, Stanford University Medical Center

[ 09-23-2001: Message edited by: BeGalliRN ]

[ 09-23-2001: Message edited by: BeGalliRN ]

I am a firefighter from GA, and I would like to send my deepest sympathies to the entire FDNY family. I was in New York back in July and I had the opportunity to meet some of the guys from ENG 40 and LADDER 35. They took me in the station, showed me around and we talked for about an hour. They were a great bunch of guys. When I heard that they had lost guys from those companies I was devasted. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the victims of this sensless tragedy and the rescue workers.

Jeff Maycumber
    Coweta County Fire/Rescue

I still can't watch the news without tears filling my eyes, for the brothers and sisters we have lost, the husbands, mothers and fathers gone from their families; harder still is the feeling of helplessness, of not being there to help, to dig and search for those missing, to lend a shoulder to those needing one. But I know as a chief, we have a job to do here as well, and that the chiefs who perished would want us to carry on in our communities, protecting those who need us most, and honoring their memories by doing our jobs to the best of our abilities. God Bless the US!

my god give the familys of or fall brothers and sisters the power to deal with everything that has happen and what is still to come God bless this great land
    EVERY ONE IN MICH ARE PRAYING FOR ARE FALLEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: btn6 ]
    David R.Horner
    GrandTraverse Fife Lake Vol.

DEDICATED TO ALL NEW YORK’S FINEST FIRST RESPONDERS 9-11-2001

Their response was quick,
    To an act so sick,
    Their hearts ached at the sight.
    Yet even then,
    They all rushed in,
    For they had a fire to fight.

People were hurt,
    And people were trapped,
    Stories and stories above,
    Their actions would show,
    To all those below,
    How great is a firemans love.

They didn’t feel brave,
    This is how to behave,
    For they’ve trained and they care, that’s all
    They couldn’t take time,
    Such precious time,
    To fear that the buildings may fall.

So they climbed the stairs,
    And were met by stares,
    Of those coming downward nonstop.
    Soon those peoples fears
    Turned to cheers,
    For those men heading up towards the top.

But just minutes later that day,
    The buildings gave way,
    Leaving too many heroes to name.
    Let us all keep in mind,
    Those hundreds so kind,
    Their sacrifice was not in vain.

Sam Bayles
    Jackson, TN

This goes out to all brothers and sisters who lost their life in New York city. My thoughts and prayers to all the families and friends. God be with you all that continues to work at ground zero. Don't ever give up hope.

There's a song that comes to mind, and before the song starts they say this song goes out to everyone that has lost someone that they love, so here it goes...

"Every step I take, every move I make, every single day, every time I pray I'll be missing you. Thinking of the day when you went away... what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you. It's kinda hard without you around..I know youre in heaven smiling down. Watching us while we pray for you, everyday we pray for you. Till the day we meet again..in my heart is where I'll keep you friend. Memories give me the strength I need to proceed, strength I need to believe. Life isnt always what it seems to be, words can't express what you mean to me. Every step I take, every move I make, every single day I'll be missing you."
    -P Diddy
    You gain strength courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...you must do the thing you think you cannot do.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Amidst this horrible tragedy, I am amazed at how this great counrty comes together. Not long ago, in the my county (the second poorest county in the state of Washington), had a fill the boot fundraiser. All the local fire districts participated COUNTY WIDE, in conjunction with the local forest service and DNR, and local ambulance company(not to mention the genereal public helping us wherever they could), banded together to raise money to send to our fallen brothers and sisters of the NYFD, and their families;and in this county, as poor as it is, raised over $19,000!! To me, this shows how great, proud, and unbeatable the American spirit really is. I am proud to call myself an American, and hope all the rest of you fell the same. Godbless.

The FDNY is to firefighting, what the New York Yankees are to baseball. They are the true champions of the fire service. The events of this past few weeks have just proven it. They are The Busiest, The Best and The BRAVEST. Every kid who grew up in the fire service in this area at some point wanted to be a NYC Firefighter. Forget about rock stars and professional athletes. FDNY, NYPD and all the rescuers and volunteers are America's True Heroes! May God keep them and protect them always. America and the Fire Service suffered a great loss, but like always We will prevail. God Bless America, and my God keep us all safe.

Forum Member

The brotherhood of firefighters suffered its greatest loss on 9-11-2001.
    I feel hurt, angry, frustrated, and definetly wanting some payback.
    I try to explain to my eleven year old about going to war.
    My child asks " What if we lose the war dad?"
    I assure my child that we must take care of this right now, so that she may grow up free, and her children may grow up free of these kind of threats. I tell her there are more of us Americans, we have more technology, more weapons, more money, and more guts than our enemies. We will not lose.

I mourn for my fallen brothers and their families. I mourn for the victims of the World Trade Center and their families.

This war began with deaths of inocents, police officers, firefighters, and paramedics.

I pray for my brothers. You will not be forgotten.
    I believe we owe it to all of the victims of this horrible act that justice is carried out.
    God Bless
    joejoe33

Comments and opinions are mine and do not represent the agency or IAFF local that I am affiliated with.

I talked to one of my friends on FDNY last night on the phone. He said things are as well as can be expected. I could hear his heart crying over the phone.

He said this FIREHOUSE.COM FORUM LIST is updated and posted in several different places that he has seen. He said everyone involved appreciates all the thoughts and prayers that you all have sent. He said he hopes everyone keeps sending them. It really does help!

To that I say again, God Bless FDNY and all those involved........

Forum Member

To my Brothers and friends in FDNY, We are here for you! God Bless !!, Your Brothers in Yonkers

As god carries our fallen bothers and sisters home, I would simply ask that they never be forgotten and that no one ever forgets what we saw on Sept 11, 2001. My heart goes out to the families of those who made the greatest sacrifice so others could live. God bless and safe journey.
    RDS3604

Thread Information