MembersZone Subscriber

We awoke in Australia this morning to see the devestation on our television screens, and our immediate thoughts were of shock and disbelief.

Then we learnt of the terrible toll taken on our firefighting family, the loss of unbelievable numbers of our brother and sister firefighters. The thoughts and prayers of all Australian Firefighters goes out to the FDNY, and to the families of the fallen. This has shocked us all. Flags at stations here are flying at half mast in tribute to our fallen fellow firefighters.

We may be a long way away, but believe us when we say we are there right alongside you.

psfb

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Let not your hearts be troubled, you believe in God, believe also in me.
    In my fathers house are many mansions: if were not so I would have told you.
    I go to prepare a place for you.
    And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
    John 14:1-3

When Jesus saw her weeping and those who had come with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled.
    Jesus wept.
    John 11:33,36

The honor, admiration, and respect, bestowed upon our great profession has been bought and paid for with the sacrifice and blood of our own.

To New York's finest, I say you are just that. I salute you and yours. May God's comfort and peace be upon you all. I pray that I might face my hour with such courage and resolve.

Jerry Duffield
    Vice President
    Local 3315
    Farmers Branch Texas

God be with the victims of the World trade center, and the Pentagon disaters.
    God be with our fallen brothers in FDNY.
    and finally God be with us all.
    May we all soon find peace.

As I listen through out the day to the incident in NYC. A deep sadness came over me when I heard that some may NYC Firefighters may have lost there life.

My Prayers go to the New York Firefighter who put there life on the line everyday to help those in need. Also Prayer to the families who may not see there love ones again.

Ed Bell
    IPN-OKL033

Our prayers are with you.words can not describe my grief.

If there is anything that I can do please
    let me know.

I sit here with a heavy heart and no words come to express the sorrow I feel
    The Brotherhood is here to support those in NY & D.C.
    Our flags on the West Coast are at half staff and we will continue to ring our bell until ALL of the Brave come Home.

GOD BLESS

Our hearts are full of sorrow tonight for brothers we have never known. We pray for their families that God will watch over them . We can only imagine the things that they seen, felt, and heard. They will remain in our thoughts and prayers for now and eternity along with the remaining emergency workers still on the scene. God Bless

Station 1
    Engine 4
    Reading Vol. Fire Dept.

All Australians were shocked and saddened to see this dreadful act today. I cannot even try to comprehend the suffering of all those who have lost family members in the line of duty. For those of you left, please stay safe, our prayers are with you. Please try to ensure that you dont lose sight of your faith, or your immense value to your communities.
    R.I.P.

German FF are shaken by looking at the pictures on TV.

"Helm ab zum Gebet"

Matthias

crash-and-burn

I'm not even a firefighter but my brother-in-law is and could not even think about him being there. Prayers to all the families and friends of your fallen brother and mine to. You guys are great much more than i could ever do...what else can i say but god bless all of you for risking your lives each and every day for us. THANK YOU.

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: fenderk ]
    I'm am not a firefighter but my brother-in-law is and could not ever think about if he was in there. Prayers with all that did risk their lives for others. Props to all of you everwhere.

To the Emergency Service Workers in NY,

Hang in there! Your brothers from Upstate (Albany area) are Comming!

Not only pray for the FDNY fallen and their families, but pray for the rescuers digging in the rubble and those responding from all over the world. Pray for them not only during the next few weeks, but pray for them in the following months ahead as they deal with what they have seen. If you have an American flag in your house, get it out and display it proudly... it is in our darkest hour that we must come together!

B33

To the fire fighters and EMS workers who have attended their last call in the line of duty.

From myself and my colleagues here in the UK.

Our prayers and hearts are with you all and your families.

God Bless.

Tears from Denmark (Europe)

I send you my sad thoughts, the firecommunity even over here are in a state of chock and disbelief.

A crule act of cowardness as taken away the life of so many people this morning. It hurts to see the pictures on CNN.

My thoughts goes to our collegues in FDNY who are no longer among us - and to the men and women that has to try and find the remains. My heartfelt sympati to you all.

Stand tall - give it all - come out strong.

But always remember the fallen.....

I salute you

***. Dept. Chief

René Ruusunen
    René the Firefighting Dane

www.come.to/firefighter_dk
    firefighter_@firehousemail.com

My heart goes out to brothers and sisters in New York and around the world who have lost there loved ones.

God Bless you all.
    E BRANDON

Please God watch over my brothers and sisters and their familes. For some of my brothers and sisters have fallen doing what they love. Take there souls into your light and bless them for what they have done.

My love goes out to every one in NY, DC and the rest of the US. Be strong we will come out of this.

John
    West I-10 FD
    Houston, TX
    -----------------------------------------
    A poem I had on my computer
    -------------------------------
    My Brother Has Fallen

My Brother has fallen; no I don't know his name, Have not the same parents still family all the same, He lives in this town, I live in another, It doesn't really matter cause this man is my Brother.

My Brother I call him yet I've never seen his face I have brothers and sisters all over the place, You see I am a Firefighter and our families are one, A tradition for years past from father to son.

Around the world, a brotherhood of unity, A closeness, a bond, most people don't see, I'll watch his back; She'll watch mine, "You go, I go" time after time.

His family's my family, Her family theirs, We're part of one family where everyone cares, I'll look after your kids, please look in on my wife, Should that day finally come when I laid down my life.

We dedicate our lives helping our fellow man, Living day after day doing all that we can, Where ever we're needed whether nighttime or day, To save the life of another we'll step in harm's way.

My Brother has fallen doing what he loved best, And among the Honored, he now stands with the rest For a mile in dress uniform here everyone stands, For my Brother has fallen God, into your hands.

by Rick Martin, Captain
    Quiambaug Vol. Fire Co. Stonington, CT

I'm at a loss for words as to what to say to our brothers and sisters with FDNY. As I sit here at the shift computer, my mind still cannot wrap itself around what has ocurred in our great nation. The audacity it must take to strike such a "target" and those who have vowed to serve their fellow man in the fashion of Fire, EMS, and Law Enforcement is unfathomable. The best I can do is to say the thoughts and prayers of every member of Local 3876 is with our brothers and sisters in this, our greatest time of need. I have already found the address for contributions to the families of the fallen, but please, if there is any other way this department or it's local can provide support to our brothers and their families, please contact me personally.

Jake Gillanders
    Mason County Fire District No. 2
    IAFF Local 3876
    Belfair, Washington
    jakegillanders@hotmail.com

I would just like to add this verse I've come across. may our brothers be served there losses by all of us in this feild wuth regret and respect

I lost a dear friend today that I never even knew. Oh, I recognized the face I'd seen so many times before. Covered with soot, dirt and sweat and showing the pain from a body pushed way beyond the limit. I didn't know his hobbies or his favorite foods; until today I didn't even know the name. It didn't matter at the moment if the name was Bill or Larry or Monica or Sue. What mattered most was that the loss was a fellow firefighter.

You see, being a firefighter is much more than showing up for work and drawing a paycheck. It's a commitment to your fellow man to be there when you are needed. It's a brotherhood of individuals with a common bond of service to others and a giving of your all so that others don't suffer. It's rushing into situations that everyone else is doing everything they can to escape. It's fighting with your entire heart, body and soul to save the life that is so desparately in need of your tender, loving care. It's living the very embodiment of the term "public servant".

My friend lived that commitment to the fullest, which is how I learned the name. In his final call he rushed in as he had so many times before. This time however, he paid the ultimate price. He had always been there for others, but now we gather for him. This we do to pay our respects for a hero; not because he died, but because he lived and served his fellow man well. As we pay our respects we pause and realize that for some greater reason unknown to us, there lies my friend instead of me. As I ponder the events that led me here, words alone cannot express the intense sorrow and yet, overwhelming pride that is felt. Until today, I didn't know the name but I knew him well...my friend was a fellow firefighter.

Dedicated to all who have served their fellow man and made their final call.

MembersZone Subscriber

3-3-5, Ring it loud. Today is a sad day for the FDNY and the nation as a whole. God bless all those who are stricken by this horrific event that will forever shape history.
    Proud member of the IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-egh
    *** These are my opinions, they do not in any way reflect those of my department.***

On behalf of Taunton Fire Company of Medford, NJ I would like to express our condolences on the loss of brother and sister members of FDNY, FDNY EMS and the NYPD. You will never be forgotten and will live on in the hearts of the nation. God bless you all.
    Jay Kormann
    Associate Member & Webmaster
    Taunton Fire Company
    www.tauntonfire.org

I am a volunteer fire fighter in a small community South of Brisbane. I woke this morning at 2.00am (our time) and turned on the TV to be numbed by the unfolding scene of destruction. I saw emergency personnel doing what they will always do - go in harms way to help their fellow man. I believe that God keeps such people in the palms of his hands. No amount of soft words will resolve the pain of those who are family, friends and love-ones of our universal 'mates'. Just know that many of us carry a sense of numbness an hope that you who are left and desparately trying to deal with this tragedy are careful. Our thoughts are with you all!

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: Foz3656 ]

To our fallen brothers of the FDNY.

For many of us this is a day we hope never takes place, but today the last alarm sounded for many of our fellow firefighters in New York and Washington.

Our prayers are with those brave men and women who worked their last alarm today.

Sincerest condolances to family, friends and colleagues of our fallen brothers.

Our station flag will be flying at half mast in respect.

In memory of our fallen comrades.

Bart Franco
    Lommel Fire Department
    Belgium

GOD BLESS THE MEN AND WOMEN OF FDNY AND THE NYPD....I PRAY FOR GOD TO GIVE THE MEN AND WOMEN OF BOTH THE DEPTS THE STRENGTH TO GET THROUGH THIS TERRIBLE INCIDENT
    GOD BLESS THE FAMILIES THAT HAVE BEEN EFFECTED BY THIS ALL OVER THE US

Our thoughts and love go out to the FDNY, their friends and family. May you feel the support of your colleagues around the world. God bless.
    Firefighter Chris Comber
    Newlands Volunteer Fire Brigade
    Wellington, New Zealand
    www.newlandsfire.org.nz

Words can't express the sorrow I feel for the families of the Fallen, as usual they carry the greatest burden. Sadly this time their worst fear was realised.
    So many, I'm immeasurably saddened.

Thread Information