Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

With all that has been going on it reminded me of something that was sent to me several years ago and I think it is worth repeating.

The Creation of the Firefighter
    When the Lord was creating Firefighters, he was into his sixth day of overtime when an angel appeared and said, "You’re doing a lot of fiddling around on this one."
    And the Lord said "Have you read the specification on this person? Firefighters have to be able to go for hours fighting fires or tending to a person that the usual every day person would never touch, while putting in the back of their mind the circumstances. They have to be able to move at a second's notice and not think twice of what they are about to do, no matter what danger. They have to be in top physical condition at all times, running on half-eaten meals, and they must have six pairs of hands."
    The angel shook her head slowly and said, "Six pairs of hands...no way."
    "It's not the hands that are causing me problems, " said the Lord, "it's the three pairs of eyes a Firefighter has to have."
    That's on the standard model? asked the angel.
    The Lord nodded. " One pair that sees through the fire and where they and their fellow Firefighters should fight the fire next. Another pair here in the side of the head to see their fellow Firefighters and keep them safe. And another pair of eyes in the front so that they can look for the victims caught in the fire that need their help."
    "Lord" said the angel, touching his sleeve, " Rest and work on this tomorrow."
    "I can't, said the Lord, "I already have a model that can carry a 250 pound man down a flight of stairs and to safety from a burning building, and can feed a family of five on a civil service paycheck."
    The angel circled the model of the Firefighter very slowly, "Can it think?"
    "You bet," said the Lord. It can tell you the elements of a hundred fires; and can recite procedures in their sleep that are needed to care for a person until they reach the hospital. And all the while they have to keep their wits about themselves. This Firefighter also has phenomenal personal control. They can deal with a scene full of pain and hurt, coaxing a child's mother into letting go of the child so that they can care for the child in need. And still they rarely get the recognition for a job well done from anybody, other than from fellow Firefighters."
    Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek of the Firefighter.
    "There's a leak", she pronounced. "Lord, it's a tear."
    "What's the tear for?" asked the angel.
    "It's a tear from bottled-up emotions for fallen comrades. A tear for commitment to that funny piece of cloth called the American Flag. It's a tear for all the pain and suffering they have encountered. And it's a tear for their commitment to caring for and saving lives of their fellow man!"
    "What a wonderful feature Lord, you're a genius" said the angel.
    The Lord looked somber and said "I didn't put it there."

"Author Unknown

GOD BLESS ALL FIREFIGHTERS, LAW ENFORCEMENT, EMS WORKERS AND ANY EMERGENCY SERVICE WORKER IN NEW YORK AND THE UNITED STATES.

JIMMY

Reliance

Please accept the condolences and sympathy of the Yarmouth Fire Department for the Officers and Firefighters of the NYFD who fell in the line of duty yesterday. As always, the fire department was there to perform their acts of humanity.

Such a loss of our extended family is being felt across the continent. Again, please accept our deepest sorrow and prayers at the loss of so many of your members from such cowardly acts.

Kenneth L. Kelly
    Fire Chief
    Yarmouth Fire Department
    Yarmouth, Nova Scotia
    Canada

To our Brothers and Sisters of the New York City Fire Department.

I would like to express our deepest sympathy and regret for your lost.

Doug Stricker
    Southgate Fire Department
    Southgate, Kentucky

Thoughts and prayers go out to all the Brothers, god bless.
    RFB-EGH

Dear friends,
    I hope you apologize my bad english, Iīm a german paramedic.
    I just want to let you know, that the german firefighters and paramedics are scared about about the death of so many colleagues in this damned act of barbarism and terrorism.
    We will stand on your site.
    God bless the victims and the free world.

German Paramedic

To all fellow firefighters in America, my thoughts are with you in this time of grieve. I am a world away in Victoria Australia, but being a profesional firefighter in CFA for 28 years I know the sorrow.
    Keaysy

From the Tom Price Fire & Rescue Service of Western Australia.
    Our sincere condolences go out to all fire and rescue personnel and their families at this tragic and horrible time. We wish all the best for our brothers in arms.
    We felt great sorrow as we lowered our Australian Flag at our fire station to half mast. In the weeks and months to come, please know that our hearts and best wishes are with you.

On behlaf of the members of the Frankfort Fire/Rescue District and the Illinois Fire Chiefs association our prayers are with our fallen brothers and sisters from the New York FD. Our prayers also go out to the families of all who were murdered by this act.
    Chief Jim Grady 3, Frankfort FD
    President Illinois Fire Chiefs Assoc.

"While everyone else rushes out, they rush in"

Never before in the history of our country have those words held such an impact. Today those words were exemplified with the lives of so many rescue workers. The tears flow freely and my heart is so heavy with sadness, yet I know these men and women would not have had it any other way. I am so grateful to them and thier families for what they've given us, true heroes.

Condolences To and NYFD/NYPD/ Ems Units who lost comrades in this Incident ,

Martin Byrne Emt , Carlow Town , Ireland

Our hearts and prayers go out to all the victims as well as our Brothers who are injured or who have lost their lives in these horrible tragedies which occured yesterday, September 12, 2001. Another day which will live in infamy! God bless you all and may he give peace and comfort to your families.

FF3/EMT-I Scott McLaurin
    Station 4
    Lumberton Fire Department
    Lumberton, NC

MembersZone Subscriber

good day.
    As i sit here in the office reflecting on the
    events of 9/11/01 in NY the thoughts of the members of the ST. George Fire Bigade in BERMUDA go out to all our fallen brothers and sisters and their famalies. Words could never explain the fellings we all feel now. May god bless you all.

God Bless our fallen brothers and sisters of FDNY, our hearts and prayers got out to the families, and to the rescuers who are giving their all to find survivors. GOD BLESS AMERICA

Golden City Rural Vol. fire dept, Arkansas

Our prayers to all our fellow brothers and sisters who gave there lifes doing what they loved, Helping Others.
    And Condolences to the families and friends of our fallen brothers and sisters, from all of us at Golden City Vol. Fire Dept, Golden City, Arkansas.

There are no words to express my feelings and thoughts when I was getting the first impressions of this incredible act of terrorism against the US people. I am really shocked, and so are my friends, colleagues and my fellow firefighters here in Gladbeck, Germany, and the whole nation.

Helpless, thousands of miles away, we are watching the brave emergency teams who are helping the innocent victims of this terrible disaster.

I want to express my deepest feelings of sympathy to those who lost their lifes in the duty of rescue, to those, who suddenly became victims of this act of terrorism, to their families and friends and to those who are still fighting for the victims' lifes, not loosing hope!

May God be with them!

Christoph,
    Gladbeck firefighter
    Nordrhein-Westfalen
    Germany

My thoughts and prayers go to the FDNY, NYPD and EMS personnel in New York City. Your loss is our loss. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

Nick Kelly, NREMT-P
    Firefighter E-22 #1 DCFD
    FF/Paramedic Stonewall Jackson Vol. Fire Dept. and Rescue Squad.
    Remember: All fires go out and all bleeding will stop!!!

Some of the best of the best are gone. Our thoughts go out to those who are still fighting the battle, and we stand ready to assist however we may be needed.

For the Westport (ME) Volunteer Fire Dept
    Rusty Robertson, Chief

Forum Member

No words can describe how I feel at this present time. I have watched in horror and disbelief at the unfolding events. My thoughts and prayers are with the families, close friends and fellow crew members of our fallen Brothers and Sisters. I will also be praying for the ongoing crews who will be working during this very difficult period.

I am sure that my fellow UK Firefighters feel them same way. God be with you all.
    Kindest regards & keep safe,

Sprinkle (UK)
    www.sprinkle2.homestead.com

There is an terrible heaviness wherever you go. You don't have to say a word, you can see it in everyone's eyes. Even though I haven't yet heard of anyone I know that was involved in this terrible incident, I have a sick feeling in my stomach. The innocent lives that were lost in the initial attack is mind-boggling, but the loss of so many fire, rescue, and police personnel is even more overwhelming. To see the videos and hear the dozens of PASS devices sounding in the background left me speechless and in tears. My prayers go out to all who perished, their families, and their loyal colleagues who are now left to deal with this tragedy. I cannot comprehend how they can possibly cope with all of this. The prayers of the world are with you all.

Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

I am so touched by the messages from outside of the US....I still don't know anything about my 4 friends (2 FDNY, 2 NYPD)...I'm sure there are others that I know from my days at the University of New Haven.... I did learn that my cousin's brother-in-law wasn't on duty so he's okay and since he's with FEMA, he went right away.

Thread Information