My thoughts and prayers go to the FDNY, NYPD and EMS personnel in New York City. Your loss is our loss. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

Nick Kelly, NREMT-P
    Firefighter E-22 #1 DCFD
    FF/Paramedic Stonewall Jackson Vol. Fire Dept. and Rescue Squad.
    Remember: All fires go out and all bleeding will stop!!!

Some of the best of the best are gone. Our thoughts go out to those who are still fighting the battle, and we stand ready to assist however we may be needed.

For the Westport (ME) Volunteer Fire Dept
    Rusty Robertson, Chief

Forum Member

No words can describe how I feel at this present time. I have watched in horror and disbelief at the unfolding events. My thoughts and prayers are with the families, close friends and fellow crew members of our fallen Brothers and Sisters. I will also be praying for the ongoing crews who will be working during this very difficult period.

I am sure that my fellow UK Firefighters feel them same way. God be with you all.
    Kindest regards & keep safe,

Sprinkle (UK)
    www.sprinkle2.homestead.com

There is an terrible heaviness wherever you go. You don't have to say a word, you can see it in everyone's eyes. Even though I haven't yet heard of anyone I know that was involved in this terrible incident, I have a sick feeling in my stomach. The innocent lives that were lost in the initial attack is mind-boggling, but the loss of so many fire, rescue, and police personnel is even more overwhelming. To see the videos and hear the dozens of PASS devices sounding in the background left me speechless and in tears. My prayers go out to all who perished, their families, and their loyal colleagues who are now left to deal with this tragedy. I cannot comprehend how they can possibly cope with all of this. The prayers of the world are with you all.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

I am so touched by the messages from outside of the US....I still don't know anything about my 4 friends (2 FDNY, 2 NYPD)...I'm sure there are others that I know from my days at the University of New Haven.... I did learn that my cousin's brother-in-law wasn't on duty so he's okay and since he's with FEMA, he went right away.

I was at work when I heard the initial reports, I could not imagine what would follow in the minutes and hours to come. Our nation has been viciously and deliberately attacked and those responsible will be held accountable in one way or another. Myself and my dept offer our sincerest condolences to the FDNY, their families, and the families of those that perished in yesterdays attack.
    We have 15 volunteers standing by, ready at a moments notice with gear and equipment to assist in any way we can, as do many departments in my area, all being coordinated by the state.
    To quote one of my favorite songs as a message to the perpetrators;
    "You can run, but you can't hide...
    They counted on America to be passive... they counted wrong".
    David Brooks,
    Captain, NRFR
    Newmarket Fire & Rescue
    Newmarket, New Hampshire
    http://www.NewmarketFire.com
    (All opinions are my own)

There are no words for what has happened, only emotions, and those are confused at best. The hearts and prayers from all members of Malahat Fire Dept, and also those of the Victoria Rescue Coordination Centre (Canadian Military and Coast Guard) go out too all of you personnaly involved with these tragic events. Yesterday we watched the TV as events unfolded, with extreme shock and dismay and now today we are a sombre bunch, each lost in our own thoughts and silenty wishing there was a way to be there to assist as needed. We willing offer our prayers and moral support from long distance.
    God Bless you all
    Malahat27: "Play safe y'all."

I sit here 1am in the morning as the the sun raises on the other side of the world in new york.
    my chest is heavy and my eyes wet as i see the pictures of new york bravest working.

australia may be a long way away to new york but our fire station flags are flying low and thoughts are with you.

be strong ..be brave.. take strenght from your brother and sister fire fighters world wide as we stand side by side with you in sprit.

trevor
    australian firefighter

I've retyped this about five times. I don't know how to express the sadness and rage I feel at this senseless act. My heart and prayers are with our fallen Brothers and Sisters of FDNY. God bless them and look after their families and fellow firefighters. We are all behind you in the long, difficult days ahead.

PSO Heather Langston
    Daytona Beach Shores Public Safety, FL
    Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

This morning as I continue to watch the accounts of what happened and what continues to happen, I feel the need to express my deepest sympathies to the FDNY, their members and families. Such tradgies are rare (thankfully so) but when they do occur they affect each and every one of us.

Our membership is strong and we will recover, but a place in our hearts will always remain for those whose lives have been lost.

I again express my deepest sympathies along with those of my fellow fighters of the Fort Smith Fire Department and with all hope for the possible survivors.

May God Be With Us All
    As Always, Stay Low and Stay Safe.

a coworker of mine wrote this last night. As a clear September morning was shattered from above, Death rained down and we lost the ones we loved, Heroes rushed in with one goal in mind, Little did they know it was going to be the end of the line, Our Brothers and Sisters were cast into a burning hell our flesh is weak but not our will, With every tear that is shed, We think of thoes empty beds, Where last shift they laughed and played, Under tons of rubble their bodies now lay, What has happened to our world be not forgotten, September the 11th will never be forgotten.

Forum Member

May God Be with ALL the Fallen Brothers, Sisters and their families and give the strength to all that must carry on.

There is a loss of words when you talk about emotions today. GOD BLESS our brothers and sisters of the NYFD,NYPD and NY-EMS, these are the HEROS that died for the safety of others and ignored there own. May the ANGELS of the LORD grace the workers still there and all of the family and friends who have lost loved ones on this day. GOD BLESS this country and all that it stands for. To our FF's overseas, your support for us is endless and we thank you for it. rm41

Forum Member

To our brother and sister firefighters of the F.D.N.Y. and to all the families,
    On behalf of the officers and members of the Porter (Texas) Volunteer Fire Department, you have our deepest sympathies in your darkest day. We feel your pain and share your grief.
    May God have mercy on their souls and may He hold each and every one of our family in the palm of His hand and give them the comfort they have so courageously and unselfishly earned.
    And may He continue to watch over you all as you continue your efforts while operating at the scene.

With deepest respect,
    James W. Boyle
    (aka 1261Truckie)
    Captain, Porter Fire Dept

To all brothers and sisters at FDNY, our prayers are with you. Keep the faith, as we have in you.

Captain David Sargent
    FF/CEP Matt Zafuto
    FF Joe Carlson
    Sta 837 'B'Litchfield Park, AZ
    local 3878

Forum Member

Our deepest sympathies to the FDNY, NYPD, families and friends.

Forum Member

Hundreds of our Brothers and Sisters have made the supreme sacrifice in the line of duty. God Bless the FDNY, FDNY EMS, NYPD and the Port Authority and the thousands of innocent victims of this terrible tragedy.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

To the husbands, wifes, children, families and friends of our fallen brothers and sisters, accept our heartfelt condolances and deepest sympathy.

We were shoched to say the least. You are in our prayers.

Mossgas Emergency Services
    South Africa
    Stay Safe - Sleep with a Firefighter

MembersZone Subscriber

Its amazing how everyone is coming together in this time of tragedy, last week all you heard was bickering about stupid issues compared to the ones we are faced with this week. It is just amazing how something like this can happen. 2 Beautiful Buildings that lit up the NYC skyline are no longer there..as I look out over the horizon no longer will I see the towers. Right now All I see is billowing clouds of smoke which looks like all of NYC is on fire. My God Punish the people who did this and Help all of our brother & Sister firefighters, EMT's and Police officers who are now with god. God bless all of you and your in my prayers.
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

This is a day we shall all remember in all our hearts and souls...the emotions are all on the surface...great grief in our hearts for our fallen brothers and sisters ...for the police and thier fallen comrads...for the city and its faithful residents.....
    The RAGE at those who could have the disregard for life that we fight so hard to protect and to serve...
    The shock of seeing and for those there feeling the devastation....
    The hope of finding our friends and colleagues alive....
    The grief of finding or not finding our brothers and sisters... The love and support we recieve from those still with us...
    The pride for our comrades...for they have made the ultimate sacrifice...helping and serving our fellow man...
    THEY ARE IN HEAVEN NOW WITH GOD AND STILL DOING HIS WORK FOR WE HOLD THEM IN OUR HEARTS AND WHERE WE GO WE TAKE THEM WITH US.

Jeffrey A.Woods
    deputy chief
    liverpool volunteer fire co.
    perry county pa.

The weight of the badge seems unbearable sometimes. I just want to say thank you to all those who carry it.
    Remember as you stand...stand shoulder to shoulder and hand in hand. Together you have become the strengh of this country. Thank you for responding when we call. When we ask for your strengh..you respond by giving your lives. God be with you.

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: CheyFire ]

My prayers go out to the Firefighters and Other emergancy workers, and the familys of those brave men and weman who have died in the line of duty in Ney York. We should all pray to God to take care of our brothers and sisters still working to save lives, and let us also ask God to lead our fallen brothers and sisters home.

Forum Member

While we, too, mourn the loss of our brothers and sisters, take comfort in the expectation that the gates of heaven were opened wide as they arrived - "Peace, enter Friends - you ran towards hell to save another - there is a place of honor for you at the table tonight."

May we all learn from this - and remember those lessons as we pick up the line from our fallen brothers and sisters and go foward.

god bless..... i really dont know what to say other then those who did this,justice will be prvail.

ff1 brent dietz big piney marbelton fire dept

Forum Member

I sit tonite on a Canadian Coast Guard ship thinking back on my service to the victims of Swiss Air Flight 111 Three years after the memories as still fresh in my mind.The horror that faces the the rescue workers should not be endured by any one but it has be forced upon those who right now are suffering the greatest loss, the loss of all the dedicated brothers and sisters that without concern for themselves in a time of great terror and overwhelming danger rushed forward to meet the beast.The pain of the loss of these friends shall be felt in the hearts of all humanity. The gift of life is precious let us carry the thought of their lives and their sacrifice in our hearts as a reminder to strenghten us through the pain and suffering that will follow in the weeks and months ahead. The fallen will have certianly been been embraced by our amighty Lord. Now their comrades in arms need our love and support as they face the task ahead. GOD BLESS US ALL
    J.B.WEIR
    Summerville Vol Fire Dept
    Pride In Service !

Thread Information