For we know that we're the only prayer
    For anyone that might be there
    So remember when you wipe your tears
    The joy I knew thoughtout the years
    As I did the job I loved to do
    I pray that thought will see you through
    --unknown

God Bless America

Having seen the effects of this tragedy has devistated me. It is totally beyond my understanding how something like this could happen. I can only hope we learn from this all. May God continue to keep watch over all of us and see us through this truly difficult time. God Bless our firefighters. I will continue to pray for them and their families.

SPECIAL PUBLIC SAFETY RIBBONS
    Following the original e-mail sent in regards to the display of blue, black, and red ribbons on all Fire Department vehicles in Lawrence Kansas there have been several questions asked that I hope this follow-up message will explain. First, the choice of color combinations was done intentionally to separate these ribbons from others that will be displayed. I have heard of all types of combinations of ribbon colors with of course red, white, and blue seeming to be the most popular. I feel red, white, and blue is very appropriate and I do also display that on my personal vehicle with the Public Safety ribbon. However, there is a need in my opinion for us to be able to distinguish the Public Safety losses in our own personal way.
    Firefighters, Law Enforcement Officers, and EMS Professionals are themselves a world wide family. As with all families we do not seem to get along all of the time but when the alarm sounds there is nothing any one of us would not do for the other. In our eyes and in the eyes of the nation all of our fallen brothers and sisters are and should be called HEROES. However, I know that if we could ask any of our fallen right now they would tell everyone they do not see themselves as heroes but as a brotherhood dedicated to the greatest professions on earth. That every Public Safety professional risks their lives everyday to serve and protect the community around them. I know there is not one of us out there who would not have answered the alarm, because that is what we do. I also know that almost everyone in our family wishes to be in New York right at this moment digging through the rubble with bear hands to reach our brothers and sisters.
    Please show support for your community and our nation every way that you can. But I also hope everyone will participate in the use of the Public Safety ribbons to distinguish all of us that have suffered such staggering losses in our own "Family".
    In the making of the ribbons I simply tried to find " wide cloth ribbon that seemed more durable. All were cut about 12" to 14" long and placed with the black ribbon in the middle. I then used a small wire tie in the middle then placed a larger unconnected wire tie in and tightened the smaller one around the ribbons and larger wire tie. The larger wire tie was then used to secure the ribbons around vehicle antennas, light bars, door handle, front grills, ladders, handrails, bells, or wherever they could be seen on all sides of the vehicles. When tightening the small wire tie either the blue or the red ribbon can placed more on the outside to make it more service specific. Also melting the ends slightly will keep them from unraveling so much in the wind.
    Keep all of our brother, sisters, and their loved ones in your prayers and stay safe,
    Brian Aeschliman IAFF local 1595
    Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical
    firecop@kscable.com

My heart goes out to all of my lost brothers and sisters in the FDNY as well as their families and friends. Also my fellow military personnel who lost their lives at the Pentagon. As well as all the innocent civilians.
    I just hope that they will find some survivors and that our country will rise up and punish all of those that are responsible.

I can not explain the feelings I am having..hatred, sorrow, guilt....I wish I was there helping, doing something more...God Bless the greatest FD in the world.....FDNY...may God be with you all...
    Jason Davis

The membership of the Coopers Plains Long Acres Fire Dept. wish to express our deepest sympathy to the family and freinds of our fallen brothers and sisters. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you always. May God bless and keep all of the rescue workers safe.

Dave Robinson, Chief CPLAFD

We would like to express our heartfelt sorrow to the families, friends, and colleagues of those brave members of the FDNY and NYPD that have fallen during the course of this cowardly act. May God bless you all!!!!

First Watch Dispatch
    Des Moines, Iowa, Police Dept.

I'am from Germany and I just wanted to say that even though we see the news on TV and CNN is providing coverage around the clock we can't even beginn to understand what you people must be going through.

My heart and soul go out to all men and women who are working so hard to save lifes.

You'll be in my prayers for a very long time coming.

God bless you all.

My heart cries for our fallen sisters and brothers in NYC.

I think back to when I marched in the memorial procession in Worchester, and the 30,000+ who flooded into that city to honor the 6 fallen brothers. I cannot imagine the vast numbers that will try to go to NYC to honor the fallen. The logistics are overwhelming.

I'd like to propose an idea that I also posted on Fire-L (under a different login name) -

1) establish delegations from each state and country to attend the memorials (whenever they occur) in New York City.

2) coordinate simultaneous processions in each state and country so that all whom wish to honor the fallen comrades will have a chance to do so.

I believe that this would allow more services to show their respect. Many departments/services/countries simply cannot afford to send apparatus and manpower to the procession, but their rank-and-file feel the need to march in unity.

Logistically we need to be planning NOW for the memorial(s). I know we have a long way to recover the lost souls, but we need to be able to stand tall and proud.

Let us start a movement to have the simultaneous processions. I propose that the memorial processions take place in each state or country capital city. What say the list???

I pray that God will help heal each heart of those who lost a Brother or a Sister in the tragic events of 9-11-2001. I thank God everyday for people that are selfless enough to put their life on the line for the safety of people who's names they may never know.

God Speed - You will never be forgotten
    Frmnsgrl

I understand the career firemen in NYC want to "take care of their own, with their own", but please don't forget, you may work with these missing men, but they live with us. I have never witnessed more frustration than I did on Tuesday when I watched 100+ volunteer firemen wait for their call and not get it. These men were broken hearted as they waited to hear about their neighbors, friends and fellow volunteers that work for FDNY.
    I think the song Brothers in arms, by Dire Straits, is the way most of us feel about our "Bravest" and "Finest".

My heart has sunk. It has sunk to a level that I never imagined that it could have. Not only have we lost our brothers and sisters with the FDNY, but we have lost thousands of our fellow Americans. My prayers and thoughts are with these families as well as the families of the men and women that are woking night and day in the rescue efforts.

GOD BLESS AND KEEP ALL SAFE!

How shall we name the nameless? How to describe the loss of those who wanted to help and became victims, too?

I found some words from Robert L. Humphrey - just because I can't find some by myself. So... in memory of all those who won't return home:

The Warrior Creed

Wherever I go,
    everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
    Wherever I am,
    anyone in need has a friend.
    Whenever I return home,
    everyone is happy I am there.
    „Its a better life.“

Martin Schneider

Volunteer Fire Dept. of Schwaikheim / Germany

Forum Member

With many lifelong friends in both the FDNY and the NYPD. god bless and stay safe, Please know my prayers are with you .And for all our brothers who have fallen, all I can say is heaven is a safer place now GOD BLESS US ALL.

On behalf of all Arizona Fire/EMS responders, our heartfelt sympathies go out to the FDNY after the worst day in the history of organized firefighting. GOD Bless America!

On behalf of the Firefighters of Oconee County South Carolina. I wish to extend our deepest sympathy to all the families and friends of our fallen brothers and sisters. You may be gone but will never be forgotten.

While our department is small our prayers and hopes for FDNY are large. Please be safe.Chief Mark Garbet

I just returned from a service given in tribute to our fallen heroes. My heart and prayers go out to my brothers and sisters in the emergency services. America will stand tall with the leadership of the Lord!!

My prayers for ALL related to NYPD and NYFD. The first responders who have fallen can not and will not be forgotten. It is a shame that so few COWARDS could end the lives of SO MANY HEROES!

May God bless and keep all of our fallen Brothers and Sisters and their loved ones. It is frustrating to be so helpless while watching on TV the never-ending dedication to service of firefighters in New York who are digging relentlessly and will continue to do so until the last person is found. I am there in spirit...

I still cannot fathom the events of 9/11. I am grieving for a friend and former coworker who left BFD for FDNY and is missing in the collapse. I can't believe there are over 400 brother FD & PD members dead in a single event. I feel extremely guilty for barely thinking about the thousands of civilian deaths. I feel useless because I have not gotten down to the site with my Conn. brothers who have gone to assist. I don't know how to shake my depression, even though I know my problems are minutely insignificant compared to what is going on in NY and DC. With all that's gone on I don't even know if it's "worth it" to be a firefighter anymore. I have strong feelings of quitting the job. I know a lot of this is my sadness venting.
    To all my bothers and sisters out there-stay strong and brave. We-as FF's and AMERICANS- must prevail. Those lives must be avenged!
    GOD BLESS ALL FDNY, NYPD, PAPD MEMBERS & ALL OTHER VICTIMS AND THEIR FAMILIES.

To the FDNY.

May the Lord always bless you and keep you
    May the face of the Lord shine upon you
    May you know true compasion and mercy
    May the Lord walk beside you forever

May the Lord look upon you with kindness
    May the lord fill your hearts with holy peace
    May Gods love be forever with you
    May the Lord always bless and keep you
    May the Lord always bless and keep you

I pray for all our brothers and sisters in NYC who have lost their lives and also for all the brothers and sisters who are stiil working day and night to find the victoms in the WTC and the Pentagon and also the ones who are cleaning up the plane crash in Penn.May god bless them and give them all strength to do what needs to be done. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!

This message is more than words can say. Our hearts go out to our fallen brothers and sisters. May God be with you.

May God bless those that have made the ultimate sacrifice and keep them close. Our most heartfelt condolences from the Lower Yoder Twp. Vol. F.D. here in Johnstown, PA. We sit approx. 20 miles from the downed airliner from Flight 93 and I would like to express my admiration for the passengers on that flight and the courageous actions taken to prevent more horror from occuring. God bless and stay safe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 First ... 567891011 ... Last

Thread Information