hazmat961
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post personal equipment

I was just wondering what kinds of personal stuff; spanners, rope, wedges, ect., do you carry in your turnout gear?

Just wondering.
    Hazmat961

------------------

mark440
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I carry 2 flashlights, 2 wedges, 1 folding spanner, 10' of webbing, 5' of 1/2" rope, and I am PARANOID of losing my gloves on a call. I carry 2 pair of fire gloves, 1 pair of work gloves, and 1 pair of extrication gloves. I also carry a short nomex hood, for extra and for thermal purposes.

Mark

Lets hear more ideas

------------------
    If in doubt - Call us out

trumpeter75
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry 2 flashlights ( a sabrelight and a mini-mag), a window punch, a couple glowsticks, 12' nylon webbing, a D-ring, a wedge or two, a multi-tool, a CPR mask, a pair of rubber gloves, and my fire gloves.

pyroknight
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Two flashlights (Pelican Super Sabres - in addition to helmet light), two 10 ft. sections of webbing, a carabiner, four wedges, channel lock pliers, two folding spanners [the new plastic ones w/ the seat belt cutter and window punch](hey Mark, whaddaya do w/ one?), work gloves (fire gloves hang on clip on outside), and (because my wife gave it to me [it's a real pain in the ***, but it has sentimental value]) a survival tool (digging, prying, valve-turning tool).

Hood tip: I have mine sewn into the liner of my jacket. I can't lose it, I can don it as I don my coat, and it NEVER comes untucked.

[This message has been edited by pyroknight (edited August 21, 2000).]

Resq14
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

lol

ok, ok, i'll admit it. I, too, am fascinated (for some odd reason) by what other people carry in their pockets. Sooooo, here's a link to the infamous "what's in those pockets" discussion... enjoy! Don't forget to add any unique things you carry...
    http://www.firehouse.com/interactive...ML/000026.html

It's six full pages of Personal Pocket Contents craziness! hehe

[This message has been edited by Resq14 (edited August 22, 2000).]

rjrzfd
    Firehouse.com Guest

I CARRY 10' OF WEBBING, TWO FLASHLIGHTS, TWO WEDGES, A PIECE OF RUBBER TO HOLD STUFF IN PLACE(WEDGES, ETC.), A PIECE OF RUBBER FOR PUTTING ON DOOR KNOBS TO HOLD THE THROW, A FIGURE EIGHT, 60' ROPE, 4 OR 5 LIGHT WEIGHT CARABEANERS, EQUIPMENT BELT, MULTI USE SCREW DRIVER, TWO PAIR OF FIRE GLOVES, CPR MASK, LATEX GLOVES, WINDOW PUNCH, TWO NOMEX HOODS AND A PAIR OF SOCKS IN THE WINTER TIME.

RJRZFD

[This message has been edited by rjrzfd (edited August 22, 2000).]

hazmat961
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Thanks for the feedback!! This is what I have: 3 flashlights(Disposible on my helmet, Supersaber and Mni-Mag in my pockets), 10' of nylon rope, 25' of 1"webbing, folding spanner, EMS shears, eyeglass case, PBI hood,
    Latex med gloves in a pouch on my suspenders,
    leather gloves, goggles, firefighting gloves, 5-6 wedges(1 on the helmet), spring loaded center punch, 2 accountibility tags & ear plugs. In my gear bag I have a spare hood & fire gloves, CPR mask, extra pair of socks(learned the hard way!), 1 garbage bag to keep water logged gear from soaking the car.

hazmat961
    "A firefighter with all his/her marbels, is not on the active list!"

[This message has been edited by hazmat961 (edited August 22, 2000).]

BFD251
    Firehouse.com Guest

It looks like everyone is carrying the same items, But here are mine:
    30' of 1" tubular webbing w/ D Ring
    pair of wire cutters
    Gerber "wacker" tool
    folding spanner wrench
    hose rope tool
    flashlight
    2 wedges on my helmet
    couple of golf tees for plugging small holes
    I also put some of those disposable hand warmers in my pockets for the winter months...always nice to have warm hands

Firelover
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wow I feel naked, I only have a wedge (lost one on a call), folding spanner wrench, Helmet mounted flash light, and driving gloves, and firefighting gloves, and a pair of pliers.

NCFiremedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry the following:
    Two Rescue wrench's (Thank TFT they work great.)
    12 ft 1 inch nylon strap for a hose strap/rescue strap.
    2 flashlights both from pelican. one's a 4 aa and the other is a two "D" cell.
    1 Gerber tool
    2-3 chocks.
    1 spare PASS device.
    my nomex hood.
    I use to carry an 8 D cell dive light in my bag on the truck untill someone else decided they needed it more then myself. It was a good light when you needed lots of illumination.

fireater
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

In my Turn out i have:

-folding spanner
    -2wedges(1 more on a rubber strap around my helmet)
    -2door seal(parts of intertubes that we cut to fit the door and we put on to let others know the room was searched or to keep the door from locking when we shut it)
    -pilers
    -12ft webbing
    -20ft webbing
    -2 beaners
    -leathermans tool
    -8-1 screwdriver
    -flashlight(super saber)
    -rubber gloves fire glove hang by a strap on my coat
    I think that about dose it

Cal
    I think that might be all I can't

------------------
    Stay Safe and remember to put the wet stuff on the red stuff

MetalMedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

I carry one flashlight; 12 foot of tubular webbing with the ends tied in a water knot and a locking caribeaner on it; two folding spanner wrenches; Leatherman tool and a spare set of gloves.

------------------
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

firemed9
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry a ton of stuff, but i don't regret any of it. I have a helmet light (garrity), and a wooden wedge, along with 3 golf tees on my helmet. I carry a survivor light on the coat, along with my fire gloves and work gloves in the pockets. i also carry a pen, and multi tool in the my pocket. In my pants, i carry my hood, 50' of 1/2" NFPA rope, two carribeaners,a figure 8 decender, a 4 in 1 screwdiver, two folding spanners, a cable cutter, linemans pliers, and two more wedges, some rubber door latch straps, a pair of trauma shears, and a window punch.

jeg532
    Firehouse.com Guest

i carry 2 flashlights,3 wedges,a gerber, wire cutters, a notepad and pen, extra gloves, extrication gloves, leather gloves, 10` of webbing,and 2 carabiners.i think thats about all but i`m sure i`d find something else if i went down and looked.

Fire29_1999
    Firehouse.com Guest

You all must have awfully big pockets, I carry, (1) 2"D" flashlight, (2) folding spanners (what good is one?) (1) window punch, fire gloves, nomex hood, EMT shears, (1) leatherman super tool.

cfr3504
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry my hood (when not in use) and my eyeglass case in my inside coat pocket, I've got in my coat pockets, gloves for extrication, EMS shears, roll of tape, latex gloves, window punch, multi-tool, 4 in 1 screwdriver, spanner wrench (yes only one, I've used it as a hammer more than a wrench anyway, and am going to get a resqwrench soon) Pretty sure thats all. In my pants pockets I've got FF gloves, work gloves, super sabre light, and lock blade knife.

EFDems841
    Firehouse.com Guest

I wish I had room to carry all the stuff you all list. I have 2 pockets on my gear (3 including radio pocket) All I can fit in them (they are leg pockets) is a pair of gloves, one on either side, folding spanner, chock blocks and nomex. On my helmet is a mini streamlight.

COFireLt
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Hmmmmmmm, let's see, I carry 60' of rope, 20' of webbing, 4 spanners, a pick-head axe, a 1 3/4" task force tip nozzle, 50' of 2 1/2" hose, a hose clamp, a deck gun w/ stacked tips, a K-12 saw, a halligan, and on my helmet I've mounted a whelen min-edge w/ rapid random flash!!!!!
    OK....OK...ALL KIDDING ASIDE!
    truthfully, in my coat I carry one pair of fire gloves, in my pants I carry a nomex hood, a pair of fire gloves and a pack of smokes!!

I used to carry all sorts of S*#$ as well, however, I found that I usually didn't use any of it, and it just made me heavier and harder to walk! Seriously, I have found that I can perform harder and longer without the crap that I never used anyway!!

Just my thoughts, in no way am I trying to get on peoples nerves, just voicing what I carry and why!

------------------
    COFireLt
    BECAUSE LIFE COUNTS......

Fire/Rescue43
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry in my pockets, 20' of webbing, a Bail out kit, Super Sabre flashlight, linemens pliers, knife, seat belt cutter, window punch, trauma shears, hood, fire gloves, latex gloves and 4 wedges on my helmet.

Stay safe.

M1NFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry 1 disposable flashlight, one folding spanner and 1 pair of medical gloves. I hate feeling like a boat anchor with a ton of junk in my pockets and refuse to strap batteries to my head in the form of a flashlight(no need to put something explosive on my head)

GBordas
    Firehouse.com Guest

Here is an inventory of what this truckie carries:
    Helmet:
    -1 Wood Wedge.
    -Dipstick used to access elevator compartments.
    Coat:
    -Combination Flat-Head/Philips screwdriver.
    -Large ViceGrips.
    -Approx. 15' of 9/16" utility rope with a clip attached to one end.
    -Knife clipped to coat clasp.
    -Flashlight attached to coat.
    Pants:
    No pockets on pants, have Rescue Harness attached to them.

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: GBordas ]

CLWFWFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Heres what I carry-

Helment-

Garrity Light
    2 Wedges
    Golf Tees
    Extra Hood (Inside helment)
    6' of 1/2" tubing for buddy breathing -(Inside helment)

Coat-

Hood in inside pocket
    Rubber door strap
    EMS gloves
    Glasses Case
    Accountability Tag

Pants-

Saber Light
    12' of 3/8" rope with carabiners
    Fire gloves
    Leather gloves
    Folding spanner (TFT)
    EMS gloves

[This message has been edited by CLWFWFD (edited 06-25-2001).]

mediator
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry :
    -1 phillip screwdriver
    -2 flat screwdrivers
    -1 craftsman pocket socket
    -1 craftsman robogrip pliers
    -1 rescue wrench
    -1 10 ft piece of rope with a beaner.
    -1 pair of cutting pliers
    -1 pair extrication gloves
    -1 loaded center punch
    -1 high powered flashlight
    -I think thats all.

[This message has been edited by mediator (edited 06-26-2001).]

I keep it simple. I have a folding spanner, a glow stick, and my nomex hood. I usually try to make a point to grab a flashlight off a rig if i can. I also grab a portable radio if i am hitting a hydrant.

Wonder if I need to carry more?
    COAT
    1 hose rope tool
    1 multi-tool
    1 beaner
    1 mini-mag
    PANTS
    fire gloves
    2 pens
    2 folding spanners
    HELMET
    Hood- underneath