Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SORRY

SRVFD2
    Firehouse.com Guest

I back up firelady - feeling we have another
    guardian watching over us who happens to be named Ashley. Our prayers will be with your family.

mark440
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

God bless! The thoughts and prayers are with you from Utah.

Mark

FyredUp
    Firehouse.com Guest

My deepest condolences to you in your loss.

Know that we in the fire service know we have lost a chance at another shining star.

My prayers are with you.

FyredUp

canman
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'm sorry at the passing of your daughter and I'm sure she's looking down on all of us just smiling away knowing that we all cared.

The Heart Behind the Hero
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am so very sorry for your loss. I also read Ashley's posts. She demonstrated the kind of determination and maturity that is so rare in our young people today.

Words can not express how much she will be missed in this world.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sincerely,

Karen Yoder

iwood51
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thoughts, prayers,tears, and a moment of silence too come from Ridge, Long Island, NY. It's tough enough to lose one of our own, and Ashley was part of this family, when they are at a later stage in life. To lose one, so young, words cannot express the sorrow we feel.
    If you need anything, anything at all, reach out to us through these forums, you will see that we're worldwide.

iwood51
    Firehouse.com Guest

One more thing. Ashley's Dad has now lost two children. I hope everyone goes home and hugs theirs just a little bit tighter tonight. I know I will. This is bringing tears to my eyes as I write it.

I will re-iterate that if there's anything we can do, just ask.

P.P.
    Firehouse.com Guest

My prayers are with your family.

God Bless

P.P.

Big T
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Please accept my sincerest condolences.. I could not imagine the lost of my child let alone two of them.. My heart goes out to your whole faimly.. I hope you have been watching the forum the last couple of days as I have.. You will realize that you are not alone in your grief.. Read all the posts and you will see how much of an impact your daughter has had on people.. Its grows by leaps and bounds ever day... God be with you and your family

Gone but NEVER forgotten !!!!!!!!!!!

cglidden403
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. It is people like you daughter who make this job worth it. Unless you have an objection I am going to put the letter A on my fire helmet in honor of your daughter. I started firefighting at the age of 13 and I remember the hard ships. Special thanks to you, and sorry for your loss!

------------------
    Chris Glidden
    Training Officer

CollegeBuff
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

May the road rise to meet you,
    Maythe wind be always at your back.
    And may God hold you always
    in the palm of His hand.

(think I got that right...)

We mourn with you for your loss. I'm one of the few lucky people in my age group (18-24) who have made it this far without losing a friend or classmate to a tragedy like this. Ashley left her mark on all of us, and we are that much better for it.

Brendan McStay
    Cranston, RI

cherryvale1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To the father of FIREFIGHTER 2000 I want to say I have read the posts of Ashley and would be PROUD to have a daughter as kind and thoughtful as yours was.

All firefighters in the world look for the good things around them since we see so many bad things, your daughter was one of the GOOD. The thoughts and prayers of the Fire Service and our family's go out to you and your family. If there is ever anything you need, please remember we are here for you just like we were for Ashley.

May God go with you

Dave & Jayne

KcAreaFF
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It saddens me to hear the news of Ashley's passing, and upsets me even more when I hear the cause. Ashley, although you may have never looked into the heart of a burning building, you truly saw into the heart of firefighting. You may have never worked to save a life, but you touched many lives through your actions. Your dedication and love for this wonderful occupation is what we, veterans and rookies alike, need to maintain. Whether you realized it or not, you were welcomed into a new family, one that has deep concern and compassion for each other. You said Firefighters are America's Heroes. Well, Ashley, because of your will and determination, you are a Firefighter's Hero.

FireRebel
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

my condolences and heart- felt sorrow goes out to you and your family, God bless!

benford1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The thoughts and prayers of my department go out to you in the loss of you r daughter. I have seen the emotion she had for the fire service and truly believe that inside, she was a firefighter. Our prayers will be with you and your family through this difficult time.

HOOK&LADDER
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Sorry to hear that. My most heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your family.

From Explorer Post # 1075

Firefighter2000
    Firehouse.com Guest

My whife brought me to the computer today to show me just how many people have responded and it brought tears to my eyes thank you so much.

What happened: Ashley went off to a firefighters meeting in the next town over and to see the guys there. It was about 9 o'clock and we thought that maybe she had gotten held up at the station. We knew she was safe cause she was with the guys and we trusted them. Then my whife saw a police car pull up. At first we thought something had happened at work( my whife is a cop ). Because we knew if something happend to Ashley the chief would have come. About the time I voiced that to my whife the Fire Chief's car pulled up. They informed us that Ashley had died in a car accident when she was hit by a drunk driver.

Many have asked what ou can do to help so here is what we ask: Go home and hug your fam. tell them that you love them and don't let go. Call your parents tell them that you are ok we never stop worrying. For I know I will never have the chance to hug Ashley or see her graduate from the fire acd.

Her goals were to become a firefighter and go on to Chief. She either wanted to work Dallas,Texas F.D, DFW airport fire station or work in New York F.D.

Remember those you love for I will always remember Ashley every time I see a fire truck or fire news on the tv for I know she should be there.

Alan Mitchell
    Ashley's dad

[This message has been edited by Firefighter2000 (edited October 11, 2000).]

iwood51
    Firehouse.com Guest

Alan, I said it above and I meant it. I went home and hugged my kids eatra tight. I explained to my wife what happened not even 10 minutes ago. She too is deeply saddened by your loss. We deal with tragedy every day. It's not until it hits home that it hurts so much. I myself am recuperating from a near fatal MVA. I broke my neck in three places and my back in one. One step different and my wife would be a widow and my kids would be fatherless. That was a very strange, life-altering experience for me. I cannot claim to feel the same pain that you must be feeling. I just want you to know that there are many members of the firefighting family out there that truly, deeply grieve with you. I am an Ex-Captain and a current president in my department. There will be a moment of silence in Ashley's honor at our next meeting. I wish there was more I could say, or more that I could do.

Stay safe Alan. We do really care.

Lieutenant25
    Firehouse.com Guest

From all the members of the Phoebus Volunteer Fire Company: We grieve with thee.

The Firehouse in Heaven

There's a firehouse in Heaven,
    So I've heard them say.

Where everyone's on duty,
    Each and every day.

When the alarm goes out,
    They're the first to know.

Always first to get there,
    Always do they show.

With each and every firefighter,
    Quickly do they pair.

A Brother or Sister close beside you,
    An Angel always there.

And in the smoke and heat,
    You feel their presence near.

A feeling of confidence,
    That helps calm your fear.

Occasionally they find someone
    Whose heart is like their own.

And when the fire's done,
    They carry them back Home.

Career or volunteer...
    It matters not to them.

It's what you have inside,
    That's what gets you in.

There's a firehouse in Heaven,
    So I've heard it said.

Where all of God's firefighters,
    Always have a bed.
    (Author Unknown)

Ashley is not alone. She is in good company.

[This message has been edited by Lieutenant25 (edited October 12, 2000).]

FFTrainer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Alan --

Thank you for taking the time to explain the situation. I appreciate the pain it must bring back to recount the story!!

At the present time, I am yet to have kids, but I took the long way home from work and stopped in to visit my parents last night. My dad had already read all of this and I think he knew why I was there as soon as he saw my truck pull up.

Again, my deepest sympathies to you and all those affected by the loss of your wonderful daughter Ashley.

May God bless you at this time of need!

Thread Information