Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    RGlancy
    Firehouse.com Guest

My grandfather served 33 years, my father 20
    my mother was an EMT for 8 years, an uncle served 23 years, a cousin 21 years, with the last 8 serving as Chief. I have served for 17 years, as FF/Emt, LT.,Captain and currently Asst. Chief. I started on the cadet program when I was 13 yo. I have an eleven year old son who cant wait to join the cadet program and wants to pursue Firefighting as a career.

------------------
    Rob Glancy

EMTFFRETIRED
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Firefighting,, A Family Thing???
    Yes tis it is,, within my family. My Great-Grandfather, Grandfather,Dad & Step-Dad were all Firefighters (and Police Officers too, My Mom was also a Police Officer), Each of them has put no less than 25 yrs within the Fire Service. So I guess you can say (since I am a 20 yr Fire Service Vet now) Its in the Family Blood!! Plus one of my younger sisters was "involved" with the Fire Service for a few years, 1 nephew in the Fire Service, and 2 sisters "involved" with the EMS side of things. Except I put a "Wrench in the works" instead of going in the Police Field with the rest of my family, I hold the "First" as going into the Medical Field.
    Both of my kids, have been around the Fire Dept since they were born, and already talking about joining when they are old enough. (My son is 12 & My Daughter is 10) So time will tell if they decide either the Fire/Police side of the family or the Fire/Ems side of the family. Which ever way they choose, I will support them in their travels.
    Respectively submitted,
    Dave Lightner
    EMT/FF 43 Semi Retired

"Time to play inside, Uncle Fester"

------------------
    Dave's Fire & Ems Homepage

[This message has been edited by EMTFFRETIRED (edited 01-15-2001).]

DFD420
    Firehouse.com Guest

My Grandfather was a chief and firefighter for over fifty years and my great uncle was chief. my uncle a firefighter for 15 years. my father was a chief for 5 years and a firefighter for 26 years. and now I have been in for 3 years and some day chief. When I was younger I had a ll my own gears and my own Scott Pak ( my dad works at Scotts). So every halloween I was a fireman. I just grew up in a firefighting family

FireLt1951
    Firehouse.com Guest

Over 50 years of tradition here. I hope that oneday when my son, who is a firefighter has children, one of them will continue. It's in the blood sometimes.

14Rescue1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Third Generation in this family.
    Mon pepere retired from the Somersworth Fire Department in the 50's, with the rank of Lieutenant.
    My father retired after 20 at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard as Captain, and just completed 37 years both call (1964-1985) and career (1985-2001) with Somersworth. Now, he's just been appointed Chief of another city up North, pending physical & city council vote.
    I've completed 3 years (career) with Dover after being call in Somersworth for 4 years.
    Who knows maybe one of my kids will carry on tradition.

Thread Information