TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile What type of Truck?

So what type of Truck Company does your department use, TDA's (Tractor Drawn Aerials), Elevating platforms, Mid mount or rear mount aerials, My department uses an 81 LTI which is 91 feet I believe we are the only FD in our area that does not have a TDA in it's fleet. So what type of Truck do you use?

------------------
    Tim Macias
    TMacias@Firehousemail.com
    Engine 101

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

My city's dept. has 2 platforms. A 2000 Sutphen midmount and a 1994 Duplex/Grumman rearmount.
    Ohh, and a 50" TeleSqurt, but I wouldn't call that a ladder truck, just a truck with a "ladder" on it.

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47
    "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
    "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."

[This message has been edited by daysleeper47 (edited 11-24-2000).]

TM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Not even could it be called a truck we just call it an Engine with tele squirt on it or a wanna be truck company, I'll try to scan in a Pic our Truck 102

E_man9RFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have two arials. One is a 95' midship mount sutphen tower. (1994) The other, in its broadest definition, is a 1968 pirsch 85' heap o' crap mounted on a single axel ford chasis. (Midship mount) It also has screw jacks. Bet ya don't have anything that scary in your fleet! Thankfully ladder 8 is not in service.

AAD
    Eng. Co. 9
    RFD

RDWFIRE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

We have two here at Capital City Fire & Rescue. A Pierce 75' rear mount heavy duty quint, and a Seagrave 100'rear mount medium duty quint. You can find pictures at www.ccfr.net.

Be safe. The dragon lurks!!!

[This message has been edited by RDWFIRE (edited 11-25-2000).]

[This message has been edited by RDWFIRE (edited 11-25-2000).]

OFDLUIT33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Here we have a real ladder truck a 1981 100ft Sutphen mid mount platform. We like her so much she back in Amlin OH for a complete refurbish.

trumpeter75
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have a 1985 Spartan/LTI 100' platform (aft mount), which we just put into service to replace our dinosaur, a 1970 Maxim 85' midship stick.

Captain88
    Firehouse.com Guest

We run a 1998 75' E-One. Built for low manpower situations. Very dependable truck.

First-Due
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have a 1974 100' Rearmount Seagrave that was refurbed in 1986. Point of interest,we bought the Ladder from NYC from the shops.
    Former 49 Truck in the Bronx.We are currently
    looking to purchase an E-ONE 95' Quint Tower
    in 2 yrs.

pipemen
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

we do not have a truck company in our department. the closest, truck company is 6mile away the have a 75 ft stick and a 102 tower quint.

fjbfour
    Firehouse.com Guest

My old dept (seriously cash-strapped and under-supported by the community) was at the time of my relocation, seriously considering purchasing a power company lineworker's bucket truck for ventilation work. This would've been their fifth piece of apparatus, joining two engines, a tanker and an equipment van. Anyone ever tried that? Would've been useless for rescues, but the entire district is 10% suburban, 90% rural, and I don't think any structure is beyond the reach of ground ladders. Just would've saved some broken limbs from crewmembers sliding down slippery roofs. Just watch those power lines!!!! (like you would with any other aerial anyway)

I don't know if it is legal or not, OSHA and NFPA and XYZ, etc. But when you have no resources, you improvise. That is the story of the service, isn't it?

[This message has been edited by fjbfour (edited 12-05-2000).]

TXFIRE6
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

We currently have a 1987 110' rear mount E-ONE (AERIAL 1), a 100' rear mount Mack (AERIAL 11), and 2- 2000 75' Pierce Dash rear mount quints (QUINTS 2 & 7). Also 2 Rescue Companies assist the truck/quint companies with truckwork at fires.

------------------
    Any Opinion expressed, are my own, and do not reflect my Department...RB

FDMichiganMan
    Firehouse.com Guest

My Township's department has a 2000 75' E-One Quint. Replaced a 1967 Seagrave.

Eric

N34BLACKADDER
    Firehouse.com Guest

We replaced an '81 ALF TDA with a 105' heavy duty ladder on a Pierce Lance with All-steer and 1500 gpm pump and 500 gallon booster. Made up some lost space with a transom compartment under the rear of the cab for 12 tools. Roll-doors have worked nicely. Sister company has same w/o All-steer and traditional doors. Have to duck and hang that much further into traffic. The All-steer has worked fairly well unless you're a parked car or street sign.

ENGINE18-3
    Firehouse.com Guest

We operated a 75 Mack CF Tiller with a 100' stick. She is one hell of a truck.

ME93
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

We have a 103' KME Aerial cat rear mount platform. I believe it's a 1996. We love it!! That baby can throw some serious water!!

------------------
    Fishers Fire Dept.
    FF/Medic
    Local 416

mike021
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

We run a 1992 Pierce Arrow 105' heavy duty Quint, rear mounted. It replaced a 70 something Seagrave 100 foot rear aerial. You can check it out in the november section of apparatus showcase here on Firehouse.com

SFD-129-3
    Firehouse.com Guest

75' Spartan/LTI rear mount quint. Backed by a 1000/750 pumper and some serious mutual aid we're pretty well set. http://www.go.to/shavertownfire for pics

MB1213635
    Firehouse.com Guest

We run a 1995 Ferrara/HME 109 foot rearmount. A lot of the surrounding companies run tillers, a couple rear mounts and few run the almighty Aerialscope (my personal favorite). No Quints in this county.

FitzBFDT2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Here they are:

Truck Company 1-A 1989 75' Mack/Baker Aerialscope

Truck Company 2-A 1999 95' Seagrave Aerialscope

Truck Company 3-A 1986 100' Seagrave Rearmount

------------------
    Kevin M. Fitzhenry, bfdt2@fitzhenry.com
    Firefighter, Truck Co. 2
    City of Bayonne (NJ) FD
    www.bayonnenj.org/fire/

LHS*
    Firehouse.com Guest

We run these two modest quints. Specs include: 65 foot ladder; 2300 gpm pump and roll CAFS pumps; dual cab controlled remote control deck guns and a ladderpipe; 2000 gallon water tanks with 10 inch side dumps and 5000 gallon drop tank with 15 foot preconnected 5 inch squirrel tail suction; two foam systems 4 foam tanks 200 gallons of concentrate, 10 man cab with 9 air packs imagers, radio accountability system mobile data terminal, 460 hp; two each 35', 24', 14', and 10 foot ladders and 10 hooks; 20KW hot shift generator and 14,000 watts of floodlights, 9 cord lights on 1800 feet of cord and 9 reels; 2600 feet of 5 inch hose in a split bed; four bumper preconnects 2 - 2" 150' and 150' of 1" and a 50' 1"; 7 crosslays four 200' 2" three 400' 2-2" and 1 1"; Rear 1-400' 2" and 150' 2" plus 7000' 1" and two 2 1/2" 250'; extrication equipment, air bags, portible guns, etc.

Truck 3

Truck 1

[This message has been edited by LHS* (edited 01-11-2001).]

rfd241
    Firehouse.com Guest

At home we have a 1970 ALF 100' straight stick midmount. Even with all the new pieces we have in that county, this is still seen as one of the best pieces around. We got it refurbed a few years back but it's an excellent piece.
    At school we have a 1995 ferrara/HME 109' rearmount. Ferrara is enough said= POS. But it looks nice for other people to see, least it's good for something.

MFFJoe
    Firehouse.com Guest

York County, VA: 1989 E-One 110' rearmount.

CFDENG23
    Firehouse.com Guest

Up until 1994 we used seagrave 100' tractor drawn exclusively for our 14 truck companies. In 1994 the first of the E-One rear mounts came in. The configuration varies between 100 and 110 feet. The ladder is much more stable when compared to the seagraves. A lot of guys hated to see the tillers go but now all truck companies have an E-one and the seagraves are relegated to the spares.

------------------
    Views stated do not reflect that of my department or local.

Fireman0023
    Firehouse.com Guest

Were a Volunteer Dept. In CT. We use a 1997 LTI. 102 Ft. Ladder Platform. It's pretty nice we take good care of it.

Thread Information