Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    MTNRESQ
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up Help a kid with his wish

To All Fellow Firefighters:

I tried to delete this post but I cannot

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS IT IS A URBAN LEGEND

I have been asked to participate in a request that a business card be sent to Craig Shelford at the address below.
    Seven year old Craig Shelford has a brain tumor and has very little time to live. He has turned to the Make-A-Wish Foundation and has expressed the desire to ahve an entry in the Guinness Book of World Record for the largest collection of business cards recieved by an individual.
    Please take the time to send or forward this letter to as many businesses or people as possible, helping the wish to come true.
    Please do not hesitate in your response beacouse time is of the utmost importance.
    If you have recieved this correspondence from another source and have not yet participated, please consider participating.

Thank you,

Barry Butrymowicz

Send Business cards to:
    Craig Shelford
    c/o Make-A-Wish Foundation
    302 Perimeter Center
    Atlanta, GA 30346

[This message has been edited by MTNRESQ (edited 01-28-2001).]

RxFire
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Sorry - This is a urban legend - check out the whole story at http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/children/shergold.htm

fjbfour
    Firehouse.com Guest

The name is changed, but it is still an Urban Legend. Click the link below for more info.
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/scienc...y/aa102997.htm

FFNeal
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

Is the address on where to send business cards to this little man still accurate? I just read the message and would like to send him a card. just e-mail me and let me know.

Thanks,
    Neal

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

Yes, unfortunetly the address is real. It's unfortunate b/c Craig really exists and is getting inundated with busines cards he doesn't want. At one point, they were getting thousands per week. You may send one at your own discretion, but from what I have heard, they are trying to get people to stop sending them. Having people talk about it in this forum doesn't help the situation either. Just my 2 cents.

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47
    "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
    "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."

Thread Information