Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    MetalMedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Proposed Director of FEMA

I heard from another forum that President Elect Bush has named his choice for the Director of the Federal Emergency Management Administration as Joe Allbaugh. The only problem is that Mr. Allbaugh has no experience in public safety and only holds a degree in Political Science. Maybe this is a good thing? I am interested in what your opinions are. Are there any forum members who are familiar with this guy?

------------------
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well, the only thing I know about him is that he was Bushs Chief-of-Staff for the campaign and is a solid politician's man. An appointment like this can not be good. But he is bound to be confirmed. No republican, or politician for that matter, democrat or republican, in my mind, would go against the party in a comfirmation vote unless this person screwed up really bad or did something to tarnish the party. (except my good democratic congressman James Traficant did feel it was neseccary to vote for Dennis Hastert...but that is a differnt story.)It's unfortunate that they will accept an unqualified person, but thats the way it looks. I would love for them to prove me wrong.

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47
    "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
    "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."

rudedog
    Firehouse.com Guest

Its a shame that Bush didnt at least ask James Lee to stay. Politics

rudedog
    Firehouse.com Guest

Its a shame that Bush didnt at least ask James Lee to stay. Politics

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

I heard that he made large $$$$$$$$4 contribtuins and was a big Bush Suporter so this is Bush's way of saying Thanks for the money and here become director of FEMA, Who not someone from the ranks of the fire service with expirience in Emergency Management?

SRVFD2
    Firehouse.com Guest

The response on FFF that made me feel the best was that FEMA had qualified personnel that could keep it going no matter who was the director. (I was ready to write a letter to my Congressman before that - so hope that forum participant is right!!)

Adler
    Firehouse.com Guest

I agree with SRV. The Director has little to do with the overall organization except to be what he already is, a politician. It is his supervisors and field engineers that will keep the FEMA alive. So, although Mr. Allbaugh couldn't tell you how to get a cat out of a tree, I could see him being very suave and possibly get some new money and fresh new ideas introduced. I am an optimist. Good Luck and Stay Safe.

Thread Information