Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    nomad1085
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Q! There is none higher. About the Whelen X-Ecuter siren, it is really cool but still not as loud as a Federal Q2B. It can do the "Mechanical Siren" sound, wail, yelp, piercer, HiLo, 2 different electronic air horn tones, as well as a "Ringing Bell" like on an antique truck. Of course, normal Manual Stop, PA, and Radio-Rebroadcast like any other electronic siren.

We have electronic sirens on all of our trucks and Q's on 2 of them as well. If you have the electronic siren going and wind up the Q, it will scream over it!

I also would agree that teh Q can be heard inside other cars much better than an electronic. Federal has Whelen beat with the Q, just don't get me going on Lightbars!

matt

ceno2749
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Gotta love the Q!!!
    Put the electronic siren on yelp or phaser, stomp the Q button to the floor and yank the crap out of the airhorn cord!!!
    Nothing, I mean NOTHING, will move traffic like a Q siren. Like was said before, if it don't have a Q, It ain't a real fire truck!!!

Be safe, all!

trumpeter75
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Oh HELL yeah the Q is the way to go. Electronic sirens are for police cars and ambulances (and the odd vollie). There's no sound in the world quite like a Federal Q.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information