Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    capt311
    Firehouse.com Guest

FIREFIGHTERS!!!

GTFDLt61
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I prefer the traditional fireman, but I do refer to myself fairly ofter as a firefighter. Just beware though, a friend signed up to be a fireman in the Navy and ended up not doing CFR as he wanted to, but in the engine room! Oops...

------------------

KGM
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am a Firefighter, but it doesn't bother me to be referred to as a Fireman. It is hard to break old habits. I have even caught my husband saying, "My wife's a fireman." I think fireman is what we all grew up with.

I get really sick of this politically correct stuff. I'm not in this to change the world, I'm in it to fight fires and help people, just like everyone else.

KGM

P.S. In my career before firefighting I was a pressman, not a pressperson.

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

I've said it before and I'll say it again-Firefighter. I just had this conversation with my oldest brother(cop-need I say more?) who insisted the "gender neutral" term is "fireperson"-I swear that 90% of the time I tell someone my mom is a Firefighter they say "Your mom is a fire...ma...wo...person?"-no, Firefighter. Frankly, you can call me a fireman until I take my helmet off.

Althea "Firewoman's daughter" Forhan

wwellbornsfd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

I refer to myself as a firefighter. I look at fire as a living breathing entity. Henceforth I would find it necessary to fight it.

wwellbornsfd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by iwood51:
    It's called The Fireman by george Strait, but it has nothing to do with fighting fires, it's about him putting out his old flames. Circa 1985 if I remember right.

Thanks Les I didn't think anyone notice my Trivia question

Yeah, but the song could be interpeted to make it applicable to the profession if needed. :]

Fireman0023
    Firehouse.com Guest

I call myself a Fire Fighter. I Fight fire. I don't sit around and have dinner with it, I fight it. I don't like it. That's why I fight it.

Fire Fighter

iwood51
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by Fireman0023:
    I call myself a Fire Fighter. I Fight fire. I don't sit around and have dinner with it, I fight it. I don't like it. That's why I fight it.

Fire Fighter

Umm, then why didn't you set your id up as firefighter0023 ?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread Information