Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    FLAME5
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

JAKE,
    YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY NEEDING A LITTLE HELP WITH YOUR LITTLE PINKY, AND ARE ASKING IN A ROUND ABOUT WAY FOR HELP. MY ADVICE CUT IT OFF YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T NEED IT ANYWAY!(REMEMBER YOU MADE IT PERSONAL FIRST!)
    AND OTHERS READING INTO MY POSTS AGAIN.
    DID THEY TEACH READING COMPREHENSION WHEN YOU WERE IN SCHOOL? THESE ARE MY OPINIONS, AND I AM NOT POSTING THEM TO PASS JUDGEMENT OR MAKE ANYONE TO BE GARBAGE. SOMEHOW YOU THINK OTHERWISE, I THOUGHT I MADE THIS EVEDENT.
    I ALSO COULD CARE LESS WHERE ANYONE COMES FROM, TEACHES AT, OR IS AFFILIATED WITH. WE ARE ALL HUMAN NOTHING MORE MAKES YOU OR ME GREATER. SO THERE IS NO REASON FOR ME TO BE SCARED OF VOICING MY OPINION, IN PERSON OR OTHERWISE! AND I DO!
    THIS ALSO GOES TO SHOW HOW PERHISTORIC SOME OF YOU ARE. WHEN ONE PERSON STATES THE OPINION THAT DOES NOT FIT, IT AND THE PERSON STATING IS BASHED AND OTHERS JOIN IN TO FIT IN. GET YOUR OWN LIFES PLEASE!
    NOW SINCE THIS POST WILL PROBABLY GET A FEW UNWITTING REPLYS I WILL BE THE BIGGER MAN ( SORRY ABOUT THAT JAKE NO PUN INTENDED ) AND WALK AWAY FROM THIS SUBJECT.

STAY SAFE AND STAY LOW(JAKE NO PUN INTENDED HERE EITHER).

[This message has been edited by FLAME5 (edited 02-02-2001).]

FLAME5
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

GOOD DEAL ILL HAVE A COKE

iwood51
    Firehouse.com Guest

FLAME5, first stop YELLING it's not proper 'nettiquette', second, before you go spouting about someone's reading comprehension, learn to spell and/or type.
    Now I'll get back to my beer, thanks.

LisbonTrainingOfficr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

I dont think that drinking in uniform in public is a good idea.
    As for all of you guys going after a fellow firefighter for what he believes is wrong also.
    Take a step back and look at yourselves.
    Stay safe...

FireLt1951
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'm with you Dog, lets do it. and stay low.
    Originally posted by DOG 4035:
    OK BROTHERS, We beat this thing to death. I vote to end this and go have a COLD ONE...WHO'S IN...

emsbrando
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I agree, we have really beat this thing too much and it is time to cool down and relax.

Make mine a Bud Lite.

Ed

Marky
    Firehouse.com Guest

Sorry fellas, but...Buckseng91, Flame- you gotta be kidding me!!!!!

ffkiwi
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

I think that firefighters have a responsibility to those that have fallen in the line of duty.
    The behavior displayed by these
    "firefighters" is inexcusable.
    Not only have they tarnished every single firefighters reputation but in doing so have disgraced themselves in public.
    They have also made a mockery of their reason for being there.
    They were there in remembrance of the fallen.
    They were disrespectful to the fallen
    There is no excuse in the world for that.

BucksEng91
    Firehouse.com Guest

No, "Marky", I'm not kidding at all. I rarely kid about something so disturbing. My whole point in this has been that it was a disgrace for members of the fire service to act this way at a *memorial service*. Look, I couldn't give a good godd*mn what you do at a parade, a muster, a party, after drill, whatever...but when it comes to honoring fallen firefighters, you need to save the drinking, rowdiness, and rudeness for another time. Don't disgrace the memory of fallen heroes by acting like complete *ssholes. It's a disservice to your brother and sister firefighters, and a slap in the face to the families of the fallen. Act with a bit of decorum and dignity, if it's the only time you do it in your life. I can't think of a better time to do so. Otherwise, hey, do whatever the h*ll you want.

Is anyone else tired of beating the crap out of this dead horse yet? Or should I wait for another yahoo to stand up and talk about "sticking by our brothers"? It's really getting old, fellas.

------------------
    J. Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated.

FireLt1951
    Firehouse.com Guest

It's done and it's over, let it lie. You have your opinions and you have quoted them to death. Let it go!!!!!!!!!! No one has accomplished anything. You're beating a dead dog. Again everyone let it go.
    Originally posted by BucksEng91:
    No, "Marky", I'm not kidding at all. I rarely kid about something so disturbing. My whole point in this has been that it was a disgrace for members of the fire service to act this way at a *memorial service*. Look, I couldn't give a good godd*mn what you do at a parade, a muster, a party, after drill, whatever...but when it comes to honoring fallen firefighters, you need to save the drinking, rowdiness, and rudeness for another time. Don't disgrace the memory of fallen heroes by acting like complete *ssholes. It's a disservice to your brother and sister firefighters, and a slap in the face to the families of the fallen. Act with a bit of decorum and dignity, if it's the only time you do it in your life. I can't think of a better time to do so. Otherwise, hey, do whatever the h*ll you want.

Is anyone else tired of beating the crap out of this dead horse yet? Or should I wait for another yahoo to stand up and talk about "sticking by our brothers"? It's really getting old, fellas.

FireLt1951
    Firehouse.com Guest

As A last word. SgtDave and BucksEng91. I'm not sure how many years you have been attending Roscommon SgtDave or if you have ever attened BucksEng91. I have been attending this function for many many years.After the memorial, when the festivities start, I have seen many kinds of behavior, some worse than what is on this thread. I do not condone bad behavior, but people have flaws and do not always act appropriately. It has happened many times and will probably happen again. As you you noticed I said after the memorial. I hope the the Web Team decides to remove this entire thread and end it. As for SgtDave and BucksEng91. I have read many of your posts and your holier than thou attitude on many subjects leaves a lot to be desired.I hope and pray that your perfection continues through the rest of your life.

BucksEng91
    Firehouse.com Guest

Look, FireLt1951, I'm not beating this to death. It just seems like every time I read through the postings on this board, I see yet another person attacking me for things I haven't said, or distorting the things I've said. Believe me, I'm at least as tired of talking about this travesty as you are.

By the way, I never said I was perfect, or that I was holier than anyone here. If having principles that guide my professional and personal life makes you think that I believe I'm "perfect", or that I believe that I'm somehow better than you or anyone else, than, hey...guilty as charged, I guess. Personally I find that ethics, dignity, professionalism, and standing by your principles are positive things. Maybe if more of the leaders of the DFD displayed such positive traits, there wouldn't be such problems there today. If you think it's at all appropriate at any time for a firefighter, in uniform, at a memorial service attended by family members and other concerned members of the public, to get p*ss drunk and start yelling obscenities and insults as passers by, then it's must be easy to overlook other professional lapses. I'm not willing to do that.

And, as I thought I expressed pretty clearly in my last post, please feel free to do whatever the h*ll you want at any time - but don't disrespect the memory of dead firefighters by making a spectacle of yourself at a memorial service. Have some d*mn backbone and call a spade a spade. Some things are just wrong. And it doesn't mean that I'm attacking your department, or that I'm attacking career firefighters, or any of the other erroneous things attributed to me. It means that I strongly believe that it's wrong to show disrespect for dead firefighters. Take that any way you want it, but don't put words in my mouth or make assumptions about my views on any other subject.

OK, flame away if you want, or just drop it. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

------------------
    J. Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated.

FLAME5
    Firehouse.com Guest

I TOTALY AGREE WITH YOU BUCK BUT MAN, WHEN YOU HAVE PEOPLE READING INTO WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED, AND PUTTING WORDS IN YOUR MOUTH. IT'S A NO WIN SITUATION FOR BOTH. ALL OF THE SUDDEN EVERYONE IS AN EXPERT
    I STILL STAND BY MY VIEWS, AND I KNOW THE OTHERS STAND BY THEIRS "FINE" THEY AREN'T CHANGING MY MIND, AND I AM NOT CHANGING THEIRS, SO I WILL LEAVE IT AT THAT.
    PLUS THE SUBJECT STARTED GETTING PERSONAL AND THAT SUCKS, BUT IT SHOWS HOW LOW SOME OF US ARE("NO WIT")
    ASIDE FROM THAT I BID YOU PEACE, AND SAFTEY

Thread Information