Mitch Davis
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool Washing Machines

I am looking to buy a washing machine for the station to clean tunout gear. Any suggestions on what I should look for or what models work well?

Flochief
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Milnor makes a great machine. I have seen their advertisements in some fire service magazines. My uncle also runs a laundry and he likes them alot!

Chris309
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I concur, Milnor. Our dept has been washing our gear for many years now, and we're in the process of spec'ing out a new Milnor 55lb. model. Go to their website at http://www.milnor.com and check out the Gear Guardian models. Have them send you the Firefighter Laundry Planning File (go to this page Planning File)

Hope this helps...

------------------
    Chris
    Hillcrest FD

LEGAL INFO: Any and all views I've expressed above and on this site are not representative of my department. They are my personal opinions and views.

MetalMedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

We recently purchased an IPSO and have had no complaints. About half the cost of the Milner. I will try to find the webpage for them. Take some time to shop around. Look for local service availability.

------------------
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

CaptCraig
    Firehouse.com Guest

We purchased a UniMac model UW35P2 back in 1996. We have been very happy with the machine. Just recently I had to have the supply valves replaced due to our areas hard water, so I would suggest if hard water is a problem in your area look at installing a water softener to your system. (Those valves were expensive!) I would suggest you look at machines rated to wash at least 2 full sets of turnouts at a time.

Thread Information