Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I know that not every locality can do this, but back home in my area of VA, when they finally brought 911 service into place (late 90s) many counties had markers made up (counties paid for it too) for every single address that are planted in the ground right near the road. They are marked with hi-vis numbers and are easy to see, day or night. Its been a huge sucess from what the guys on the Keysville FD and Charlotte Co. EMS have told me.

That's just one idea. Of course, if your county/municipality doesn't have the money/will to do so, then some kind of campain to get the residents to help out is definitely a great idea.
    Tom Warshaw
    Station 13 (Bethel)
    Sumter Fire Department

"Scientists believe that the world is composed mainly of hydrogen because in their opinion, it is the most abundant element. I however, feel the earth is composed mainly of stupidity, because it is more abundant than hydrogen." - Frank Zappa

September 11, 2001. We Must Never Forget.

In memory of Thomas Sabella, L-13, FDNY

All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my department or any organization I may belong to.

Forum Member

When the mailboxes are all on one side of the road,it helps to have an arrow indicating which box is for which house.
    Like a lot of areas,my old department served a district where it was a benefit to have lived there a few years,if not from birth because then you'd know who the Johnsons were and that they lived where the Drivers live now.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the links and the information....how did you go about selling the signs? Door to door? Tables at events? My community is very rural and widespread so just trying to come up with ideas to get them out to everybody.

Thread Information