bafirefighter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy 17 Month Old Firefighters son.

We are also having a chrity golf tourn. and you have a chance to win A new Dodge car. www.iafflocal-2551.com HASH PAGE

January 21, 20001

Broken Arrow Firefighter

Re: Cancer Benefit Golf Tournament

Roy Hash is the 17-month old son of Broken Arrow firefighter Glen and Oma Hash who has been diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer. Doctors discovered and removed a malignant tumor the size of a racquetball from his tiny head. The tumor has spread through the brain making complete removal impossible. Due to complications, Roy is in the pediatric intensive care unit at St. Francis in stable condition.

After consultation with his doctor’s it is believed that Roy is too young and fragile to survive the traditional form of cancer treatment such as chemotherapy and radiation. A decision was made to refer him to the Burzynski Cancer Clinic in Houston, Texas where he will undergo non-toxic antineoplaston drug therapy. The family’s medical insurance plan does not recognize this type of treatment even though the FDA has approved it. The Parents have appealed their decision but Roy is losing valuable time and can’t wait for an answer.

Roy is scheduled to be in Houston by the end of February or first week of March depending on how soon we can raise the money. Roy’s uncovered medical costs in Houston could exceed $100,000 dollars depending on how long it will take to get him into remission. The clinic administrators require at least a $14,000.00 deposit when they arrive and the bill could average at least $9,000 per month, not counting living necessities for mom and dad. Roy desperately needs our help if he is to survive and we are asking for your help with any amount of donation.

On behalf of Roy and his family we have set up a fund in Roy’s name and you can send your donation to: Firefighters Credit Union, C/o Roy Hash, 401 E 4th Tulsa Ok, 74120. OR-Forest Ridge Golf course in Broken Arrow has graciously allowed us to hold a benefit tournament on February 27 and the proceeds will go to Roy’s fund. Individuals or four-man teams can enter by contacting me at (918) 342-5959.

Thank you for your generosity!

James Suddath

FIREFLY2420
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

THIS REALLY SADDENS ME TO HEAR THIS IS HAPPENING TO SUCH A YOUNG BOY. I HOPE THAT THE BROTHERS AND SISTERS COME TO THE AIDE OF OUR FELLOW FIREFIGHTER AND HIS FAMILY. I AM GOING TO POST THIS AT BOTH OF MY STATIONS. I WILL PERSONALLY SEND SOME MONEY TO HELP THIS LITTLE BOY AND OUR FAMILY. LETS ALL COME TOGEATHER AND DO THIS. I DONT KNOW THE HASH FAMILY BUT IM SURE THEY WOULD DO THE SAME FOR US.

GOOD LUCK AND MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

------------------
    ANDREW J. LAPRISE
    FF/MFR PAID-ON-CALL
    LYON TWP. , MICHIGAN

[This message has been edited by FIREFLY2420 (edited 02-05-2001).]

FIREFLY2420
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

I just wanted to bring this post back to the top. I hope more people will read this and help our brother.

fc80chief
    Firehouse.com Guest

On top of my contribution I also offer my
    hopes and prayers.

Thread Information