Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    cowboy12001
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question What do you do at the firehouse to pass the time between calls?

What do you do at the station between calls to have fun?

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Kick back watch tv, Surf the net, Play video games or go outside and play a little hoops or go down to Station 102 and bug them since they're always up at Sttaion 101 harassing us

------------------
    Engine101
    Tim Macias
    TimMacias101@Firehousemail.com
    I will fight fire for Electricity

djohler
    Firehouse.com Guest

find a broom/mop/bottle of Windex/jug of vehicle wash&wax/vaccuum....

I think you should be able to figure out what to do with them.

lumpy649
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Djohler, good answer. And a little crew training couldn't hurt either. It doesn't have to be elaborate, practicing the basics can work wonders for teamwork...

Fireman902
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exercise...surf the net...and rarely watch TV.

TruroFAO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Make life difficult for probies.

ArmyTruckCompany
    Firehouse.com Guest

We work a 24hr shift...We do what is expected of us from 0800-1630, which includes clean the house, training, equip maintenance, building inspections, and PT. After 1630, we do whatever...I like to cook the meals (I get a little involved...no cheap welfare meals when I cook) Myself and one other guy like to build scale models (working on an ALF tiller right now) I also like to take advantage of the bays and do maintenance on my truck and the girlfriendmobile. Surf the net, and boardgames also happen. Oh yeah, don't forget the 2 hour watch.

------------------
    "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

ffnbs
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

0800-1700 station chores, shopping for lunch/dinner, go do or review a preplan, training, workout time, equipment check/maintenance, cooking(not all necessarily (sp?) in that order) 1700-bedtime, eat first, then tv, workout, play games,surf web, do schoolwork and always harrass the crap out of each other-believe it or not- to keep from killing each other.LOL

scrapper
    Firehouse.com Guest

Start at 0700. Coffee and shift change talk between 0700-0800. 0800-1700 is work time which includes much of what has already been said. Cleaning, truck checks/maintenance, training, etc. Lunch and relax time between 1200-1300. After 1700, make dinner. Everybody brings there own food. Nobody cooks for the whole crew which surprised me when I started. I thought that was a firehouse tradition but not where I work. After dinner is TV time. Some guys have pet projects they work on. Work-out, talk about the good ol' days, mess with each other. We have a couple guys on my shift that are always messing with each other. Last night, somehow, the siverware drawer ended up all over the kitchen floor because of those two. I was in the next room and didn't see it and I didn't ask. It was just a typical night. Also, try to get to bed by 2230 or 2300 and am usually awake again by 1 in the morning.

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Originally posted by scrapper:
    Also, try to get to bed by 2230 or 2300 and am usually awake again by 1 in the morning.
    What are you-a vampire?!?! I hope it's a call that gets you up at that hour.
    On my post they've got SIX,LEATHER Lazy Boy recliners-except we Explorers aren't allowed to sit in them yet. Also, at my Mom's station, they get free cable because their biulding houses the cable supply for the whole peninsula-you should have seen us messing with people on super bowl sunday!!!

Thread Information