I am trying to put together a dedicated search rope bag for searches with out a hoseline. Because it will not carry a load, I am not worried about breaking strength. I will most likely use 3-9mm accessory cord. I would like to carry approximately 300 ft. in a relatively small bag, with a break-away shoulder strap. One end of the rope will be secured by carabiner inside the bag. The other end will probably have a carabiner to secure to something at the entry-way. What I'm looking for is ideas on what thickness rope anyone is using. I don't want it to be so small that it's hard to hold with fire gloves on, yet if it's too thick 300 ft. won't fit in a small bag. Also, I'm trying to think of a way to secure it at the entry-way that every entrance will have. Obviously if there's a porch it can just be wrapped around a column. But I'm looking for other ideas. I've considered wrapping it around the lowest hinge & clipping it back on itself. I'm really just looking for ideas on any aspect of it. I'm sure there are a lot out there. Thanks...