Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    smokeater-n-hellraiser
    Firehouse.com Guest

Arrow Ever seen a miracle?

My fellow Brothers and Sisters;
    This topic is related to a thread by Jake295885 on the subject of haunted firehouses.
    I'd love to hear stories about supernatural intervention. Maybe the air bottle you were using lasted for an hour, instead of the rated 30 minutes. Maybe the wall that should have crushed you inexplicably stopped it's descent until you were clear. I even have heard a story by a good friend that he swears during a flashover that the heat, and very flame, flowed around him like a veil. There's the always popular one about the child falling out of the window, ending unhurt in the street, and claiming that 'the man in white" caught him. What are the stories folks? Ever seen the bright white light?

------------------
    "I hate it when someone says something is impossible, because then I have to go and find a way to do it."
    Stay safe, boys and girls. It's for keeps out there.

[This message has been edited by smokeater-n-hellraiser (edited 02-20-2001).]

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

1988, while fighting a wildland fire on Eglin Air Force Base in the Florida Panhandle I got trapped by fire during a period of extremely high winds - was surrounded by a wall of fire - being the ill - eguipped Air Force firefighters that we were I had no survival shelter, was out of water in my Fedco - all I knew to do was pray - told God that I really didn't want to die but if it was His will for me to die in that fire it was ok with me. All of a sudden the wind died down, I ran as fast as I could, looked over my shoulder to see the area I was standing in a few seconds ago flare up. Got a few more stories like that if anyone cares to hear about them. Who says prayer doesn't work - NOT ME!!!!!

lumpy649
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

I ran a townhouse fire about 7 or 8 years ago that could qualify. We arrived with heavy fire from the first floor on side 1. After making entry, locating the fire in the kitchen, and extinguishing, we set about taking out a few windows for ventilation. After the smoke had risen, we noticed that the living area to the rear of the kitchen (which was on the right hand side as we entered) had taken significant smoke and heat damage. On the wall was a picture of Jesus Christ, and was the only object in the room that appeared untouched. Even the wall BEHIND the picture was smoke-stained and blistered. There was evidence of two streams of water that had trickled from the lower corners to a point in the middle where they met and coninued down to the floor. The odd thing was that the line had been pulled through this room and was flowing into the kitchen to push fire out the front, through a large vented window. No water had been flowing in the room, and the steam produced had been pushed out the window. Even the FM was amazed... haven't seen anything like it since. It kinda makes one wonder...

smokeater-n-hellraiser
    Firehouse.com Guest

I thank you my friends. This is a good start, but there has to be more out there. We get enough threads about anger, about death, frsutration, etc. lets get this positive one rocking. Again, thanks, and take care.

------------------
    "I hate it when someone says something is impossible, because then I have to go and find a way to do it."

RJE
    Firehouse.com Guest

I was on a trip in my POV. 4-lane divided, semi-controlled hi-way. A car stopped on the shoulder coming the other way. Another car came upon it and decided to stop and help. They slowed down abruptly, while still partially in the right hand lane.

Another car, overtaking the first "helper", saw them too late, swerved too hard, and ended up taking the median (about 20ft. wide, grass, dips down and back up).

I was headed the other direction, so I'm seeing headlights (it's dark - this is a country area, no street lights). One set stopped. One slowing and moving right. One not slowing - swerves left, then right, then left. Now it's coming towards me, but still about 100yds ahead. I move right and slam on the brakes.

Now it really gets interesting. The car goes into the median, down, then up, then "launches". I see headlights pointed straight up and spinning around each other, like the car is pointed 45 degrees nose up and flipping. I'm not stopped yet, and expecting this thing to come down (probably on it's top) right in my lane. Then I lose sight of it. I pull to the shoulder and stop (I'm now even with the cars (original and helper) that stopped going the other way. The "flipper" is somewhere behind me, but I can't see it.

I grab a light and first aid kit (before I even looked around), then headed back to see where it went.

It's on the right shoulder - parked straight - lights off - 4-ways on - and on 4 flat and shredded tires!

There's two very drunk teenage boys in the front, and they have no idea what happened to them. Said they "lost control" and that's all they remember (not parking, not lights... nothing).

You be the judge. Did somebody (or thing - I'd vote angel!) "catch" that car, then drop it where it would be safe?

smokeater-n-hellraiser
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thank you for your post RJE. Keep'em coming folks. This is the tip of 'berg.
    -Marc

------------------

Engine58
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I dont know if you'd call it a miracle but here's the history this lady who lives in a senior apartment complex has lit her apartment on fire multiple times by accident do to her alcohol problem and ..has gotten burnt severely, a few times ,lots of stuff has happened to her this lady seems to live no matter what happens to her..for hte 3rd Time within 3 years she's lit her apartment on fire this time it was the worst of them all...Her throat was severely burned and had 2nd and 3rd degree burns all over her body. Now I heard from a RN in the hospital that was taking care of her when they first brought her in that she had her throat 85% burned..I dunno how true but anyway..Now I just hear she's in the burn center making a good recovery...at first they said she wasnt going to make it..but now I dunno..It just shocked me when I heard this because I was the EMS crew that took transported her to the ER when the fire happened and from what I seen..she was as good as dead.BUT I guess not because she's doing pretty good as of hte other day...i dunno..Guess its sortof a miracle..but after going through all of that..you know someones helping you out...

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    EMS Cadet in NJ
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"

Thread Information