Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    GHETTOGHOST
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down CLOSING OF THE PG COUNTY FORUM

I dont see any reason why the forum was closed. there were no vulgar or obscene attacks on anyone or any vulgar language used. There was nothing but a somewhat heated discussion about PGFD politics and what people thought was going to be happening in the future. I dont think questioning someones spelling ability,trading jabs about who will be riding an ambulance, or discussing what happened at past incidents is reason enough to close a very prductive and enlightning forum.

cpr4u
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Not to mention entertaining. I thought it was productive. Of course there is always someone trying to stir the pot, but everywhere you go you have one of those idiots.

Keep calm

SMD
    Firehouse.com Guest

I agree......seems that last post volunteer smoke eater got a lil hot under the collar...........dont believe the hype...........just cuz the county had its findings about those two incidents doesnt mean thats what happened. The county was out to get 8.....so of course they would find them at fault........duh......obviousl y this person has been swayed by the county propaganda or other companies that were selling 8 out for their own personal gain and has never heard of "politics". Anyway, im disappointed in firehouse.com for their closure of that forum. It was informative especially to people outside the county who had always wondered about us. Stay safe everyone.

res7cue
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

I agree. It was a very entertaining and informitive post.

I wonder what the Webteam's actual reasoning was for closing the post???

There were no more personal attacks on the PG county post than there were and are still being posted on some other sites, ie State Farm, Quints, etc.

As a matter of fact, there are alot less and than these posts and some of these posts are down right insulting!!!!

------------------

iwood51
    Firehouse.com Guest

Read the web team's post. There were personal attacks in there that have since been deleted by the web-team.

GHETTOGHOST
    Firehouse.com Guest

I think its funny that once the topic of the forum switched to seat pleasant it was shut down just like JERSEYFLAME'S forums he tried to start about seat pleasant. I read the forum from the start and never saw these horrible personal attacks that the web team mentioned

kvfdlife
    Firehouse.com Guest

The post was getting a little of track at times and opening some old wounds that are still a little sore. The Web Team only let us see what was "Approved by them" (censored) which, to a certain extent was a good thing (the "e-world" does not need to know all of the opinions in the county). Since the Web Team is local to PG County, do you think there might be a little "political bias" on what is (or is not) posted?

GHETTOGHOST
    Firehouse.com Guest

We all know the county watches what is said on the net. i know for a fact a comment that was made on Riverdale's guest book was used in a written complaint against a volunteer chief. Maybe the forum was getting to political

SMD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Like I had mentioned on one of my other posts on the newly deceased forum........several companies in PG have ties to firehouse.com as well as county officials. I also think its very interesting that once the PG county forum was tilted toward seat pleasant and the positives of that company........it was closed........just like the previous two forums with seat pleasant as the topic but those werent closed.....they were just flat out erased.

Edwardo9
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ah yes, nothing like a bit of censorship and violating our constitutional right to freedom of expression when the thread gets good. Webteam's excuse of shutting down the thread for 'personal attacks' is kinda lame - where were they on page one? The first couple pages were the worst, then we lightened up and got into the fd political discussions. Now that the discussion seems to have centered on 8's recent history, it gets shut down. Can't help but wonder what's really going on in the background.

I won't be a bit surprised if this post never sees the light of day.

rfd241
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ok.....so they closed that one. PG COUNTY #2, start it up again. Keep all your personal feelings for individual firefighters and paid/volunteer relationship problems out of this one.

Firehouse.com Guest

It seams that to many people might have heard the wrong things about Seat Pleasant and people did not want the truth to come out. JERSEYFLAME the best thing is to go to 8 and see for yourself. Since the career and volunteers at 8 seem to get along so well and so many people had so much to gain if they closed 8 down the plan may have backfired. It seems that since 8 shows up as one instead of career and volunteer they still are getting written up and now people are even saying Seat Pleasant's paid men are out of control. So maybe it wasn't just the county against the volunteers but everyone against Seat Pleasant. So if I was a volunteer company in PG COUNTY I would stop and think, you worked together to close 8 who says your group might not sell you out next.

[This message has been edited by 6873 (edited 02-23-2001).]

SMD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Oh hey look everyone.....there are now 2...count em.....2 forums on Seat Pleasant. Got paid today, willing to bet they will be erased by tomorrow....maybe even by tonite. Any takers?????

GHETTOGHOST
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

I didn't know it was county pay day. Didn't i see a smd mud flap somewhere before.

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Maybe they felt that if they did not close the thread things would start to get out of hand, Or some from PGFD could of seen it and maybe put a little pressure on the web team who knows?

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by GHETTOGHOST:
    I dont see any reason why the forum was closed. there were no vulgar or obscene attacks on anyone or any vulgar language used. There was nothing but a somewhat heated discussion about PGFD politics and what people thought was going to be happening in the future. I dont think questioning someones spelling ability,trading jabs about who will be riding an ambulance, or discussing what happened at past incidents is reason enough to close a very prductive and enlightning forum.
    Well I went into the PG Forum and went to the last page of the thread and here is what the web team posted

Originally posted by the Firehouse.com Web Team
    This thread has been very popular but since it has divereted into personal attacks on individuals, including a few posts that had to be deleted, it will be closed.

Please refer to the Terms of Service when you registered.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Hope this sheds some light on why they closed the thread

GHETTOGHOST
    Firehouse.com Guest

I SAW WHAT THE WEBTEAM SAID BUT I NEVER SAW THOSE PERSONAL ATTACKS

[This message has been edited by GHETTOGHOST (edited 02-23-2001).]

Engine 33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Originally posted by Engine 101:
    Well I went into the PG Forum and went to the last page of the thread and here is what the web team posted

Originally posted by the Firehouse.com Web Team
    This thread has been very popular but since it has divereted into personal attacks on individuals, including a few posts that had to be deleted, it will be closed.

Please refer to the Terms of Service when you registered.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Hope this sheds some light on why they closed the thread

If you read more throghly what 101 posted you would see that the Webteam had to delete a few of them, Maybe that is why you did not see some of them becasue they had already been deleted, Besides we're professionals here but sometimes I think that people tend to forget that

------------------
    Micheal A Belle
    Pasadena FD Engine 33
    MikeBelle@firehouseamil.com

Firehouse.com Guest

Not to make anyone mad but I think you need to be from PG to understand what some people are getting at.

Administrator

Folks

People were beginning to attack individuals. Those posts were deleted. Feel free to continue any discussion, but the minute anyone slanders another individual by name or by inference, or only seeks to inflame another departments reputation, the thread will be closed.

Thank you

Thread Information