Thread: PG COUNTY #2

rfd241
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post PG COUNTY #2

The other one was closed because you had to attack each other. Do that on your own time and get back to the other stuff that was going on in here.

Philip C
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'm amazed the citizens of this county have not found out about the staffing problems and supposed negative rivalries between companies here. I'm sure they would freak if they only knew the half of it, especially in this day of lawsuits and holding others accountable for every little thing they do or don't do. I think it is only a matter of time. Take care and be safe.

------------------
    Phil Clinard
    Laurel VFD
    Prince George's Co Sta 10
    Laurel, MD
    www.laurelvfd.org

VolunteerSmokeEater
    Firehouse.com Guest

It is to my belief that the last thread was shut down because someone who didn't want things being seen that were being said shut it down, using personal attacks as an excuse.

To me the last thread was not only informative, but it also gave us a chance to discuss some things we are not usually able to discuss, whether it be for personally reasons or whatever.

I, and I hope everyone understands, was not trying to attack anyone, only to see GhettoGhost's response to my assumptions. Now if I offended anyone then I apologize.

At that note, lets try and keep this one alive.

GHETTOGHOST
    Firehouse.com Guest

i was not offended by anything said volunteersmokeeater and took your comments in the context they were meant to be. Its funny the forum i started as to why the forum was locked out is now also locked out. It looks to me like county censorship

[This message has been edited by GHETTOGHOST (edited 02-24-2001).]

SMD
    Firehouse.com Guest

I agree ghost........funny how the second forum about why it was closed is now closed.......and i was half right........one of the 2 Seat Pleasant forums was erased again. HHMMMMMMMMMMM.............very strange

Edwardo9
    Firehouse.com Guest

Maybe we ought to look for another location to host this forum. The censorship here is pretty pathetic. I'm seriously considering writing a letter to each advertiser on this site.

Administrator

Folks

This is getting ridiculous, frankly. If you want to attack other departments, poke fun, attack individuals for their voice on the radio, accuse other groups of being elitist, then move on to another forum. We removed posts which were frankly attackative and outrageous and some of the worst since these forums launched two years ago.

Thank you
    WebTeam

Firehouse.com Guest

I have not seen what the problem was, I know they said the posts were deleted but why certain threads, and the webteam didn't seem to mind when the PG County Forum was supporting and/or bashing 33.

GHETTOGHOST
    Firehouse.com Guest

WebTeam you have just described a conversation in any firehouse in this country. Firemen make fun,argue,complain, and brag everyday so why not on the firehouse site. I never heard someone say they were offended by the material as long as its not vulgar, or discrimatory against race,sex or relgion let people speak their mind

Dalmatian90
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

attackative

Is that a real word?

rfd241
    Firehouse.com Guest

The other forum is closed along with the other ones about co. 8. So what, get over it. Just keep this one going with fire stuff, not wondering why or if politics shut the other forums down. Who cares, it's over.

tillerman14
    Firehouse.com Guest

6873 you are absolutely right,,,,kinda makes you wonder about all the secretive dealings,,

attackative???

let's keep this one alive,,,,and talk about something other than Kentland, Ritchie, and Seat Pleasant.

How about Hyattsville?????

Edwardo9
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well, lets see. I'm not allowed to blast the union, the county, the pgcvfra, 8, 37, 26 (apparently 33 is ok), communications, radio traffic, driving habits, politics, or list people by first & last name. hmmm, that just dried up about 99.7% of firehouse discussions. Anyone for coffee & a game of uno?

cpr4u
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

I thought the PG forum was mild. The ISO forum was very "attackative" and look how long that went on? Why didn't that one get shut down as soon as the personal bashing started? I thought I could hear gunshots in the background while reading that thread.

Let's all play nice and hold hands for the evening prayer.

Edwardo9
    Firehouse.com Guest

Just thought of something postable: Statistics. On the recently deceased thread, someone asked about 8's stats not being printed in the convention book. They did not turn in a statistical report. They weren't the only company not to turn in a report either. However, that's the way it works, you don't turn in a report, you don't get listed in the book. I don't use the county's stats because they're wrong. So, while I have your attention, get those reports in.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Edwardo9 (edited 02-24-2001).]

Phildabox
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

I'll probably be banned for life from the forums by the God Almighty Web Team for saying this (now I know how they feel in communist countries) but the threads seeking info on Co. 8 had no slanderous, "attackative" slams. I for one started one, only to find it "removed" by the big bad web team. Being from Virginia, I found the previous PG forum both entertaining and informative, as I have been both curious and interested in PG County for years. Now I find out that this forum is run by some PG County folks. Would they be so sensitive to posts on this thread if the subject were to be on, lets say LA County? I'm betting no. I hope you guys keep the dialogue rolling, and keep doing the great job each of you do in good old PG County MD. Stay Low and Be Safe.

Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

It seems that there are a lot of secretive deals in the county. I don't think Co. 8 called up and said remove the posts about us on the forum, but for some reason they keep getting deleted. On the other hand a lot of things seem to go on in other threads that are not allowed in the PG County topics, this is strange. We all know the county watches the internet because they used Co. 7's guestbook to file a complaint on a former PG County volunteer. Why close down the threads on 8/PG unless maybe people from outside the county are reading them and wondering, this stuff happens in PG County but I thought?

[This message has been edited by 6873 (edited 02-24-2001).]

Philip C
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

Everyone can go to www.firefightersforums.com to try this in a different setting. Maybe we won't be shut down/erased on their site. Take care and be safe.

------------------
    Phil Clinard
    Laurel VFD
    Prince George's Co Sta 10
    Laurel, MD
    www.laurelvfd.org

pgvolunteer
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am under the belief that we should not leave the beloved Firehouse.com Forums. Not only is the discussion positive regarding the obvious, and indisputable facts of 1619s and PGFDs attempt to create a 100% paid department, but great to get the word out. Fortunately or unfortunately, Firehouse.com is a highly visible media outlet for the fire service as a whole, but more specifically the mid-Atlantic and NE.

I am not sure as to the politics that may or may not have come into play regarding when posts are closed and when they are not. It is an interesting topic, but not one for the PG Thread. Lets keep it as positive as possible (I really wanted to say something dirogatory toward the "individual" from CA who helped us figure out why they closed the last thread - enlightening wasn't he? - but I won't).

Back to the subject at hand: PG Volunteerism

Don't you find it interesting that even though, as someone mentioned, 99.7% of firehouse discussion can be offensive or altercative (which is a word), but when someone from the "outside" gangs up on PG itself (as I am classifying the action of closing the forum down), we come together and fight as one. Think about this. Then think if we could actually get a large minority or even a majority of PG Volunteers to fight for the volunteers against the County. What we could accomplish?

JollyMon
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

I agree we should stay with the firehouse.com forum. pgvolunteer had good points. And I think it is par for the course. The story of the life of a PG Volunteer: we don't think we did anything wrong but the big bad overseer (PGFD or Firehouse.com) has rules that they are going to make us play by. Let's stop losing these games and instead beat them with their own stick.

F/FJunkett
    Firehouse.com Guest

I

[This message has been edited by F/FJunkett (edited 03-02-2001).]

Administrator

An individual was attacked personally on the forums and it was closed. You are free to continue the discussion but don't bash anyone, including us. If you want to believe there is some huge conspiracy, then you're really missing the bigger issues. Someone attacked an individual in an exceptionally harsh manner. And like in any instance where that is brought to our attention, the forum is closed, regardless of where and when.

You folks can either move on and discuss topics and not blast each other, or go to another forum if you want, but this is enough. There are far more important things to discuss.

WebTeam

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited 02-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited 02-26-2001).]

Edwardo9
    Firehouse.com Guest

On volunteer division chiefs...

You would think a division chief should be a current chief. However, not so. The volunteer division chief program has specific written guidelines and qualifications for an individual to be considered for the position. Politics doesn't figure into it. Company elections however.... i've lost count of the number of elections that i've witnessed that were nothing more than popularity contests.

On the possibility of a former chief/now division chief taking command away from a current chief (same company), it's happened before, twice that I know of. In one case, the division chief was also the A chief, the other, the division chief lost his popularity contest for chief. Neither individual is currently a division chief.

[This message has been edited by Edwardo9 (edited 02-27-2001).]

tillerman14
    Firehouse.com Guest

I never thought of it that way,,,but I agree with your point,,,,also check out the forum about the new general order www.firehouse.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/002594.html

F/FJunkett
    Firehouse.com Guest

I

[This message has been edited by F/FJunkett (edited 03-02-2001).]

Thread Information