You Know You're A Firefighter If...
1. You can tell what type of fire it is by the smell of smoke 10 miles away.
2. You have ever had a heated debate over the color of firetrucks.
3. You have ever spent 10 minutes trying to force open a door only to have someone come along and open it by turning the handle.
4. You lay out your clothes from that day so if there is a call at night you can find them quickly.
5. You take great joy in smashing the windows of a car parked in a fire zone or in front of a hydrant.
6. You have ever been airborne without an aircraft and water was your thrust.
7. You always wear red suspenders.
8. You carry a ton of specially modified tools in your pocket.
9. You ever cursed out someone for armor-alling the seats to make them look nice.
10. You've ever clung to the air horn chord for dear life because the driver is insane.
11. You have ever played jingle bells at Xmas time on the air horns to clear traffic.
12. You have ever said, "she's hot tonight" and NOT been talking about a girl.
13. You have ever called a person found after a fire a "crispy critter".
14. You have ever smoked and there wasn't a cigarette in sight.
15. You have ever stomped out a fire with your boots because you couldn't wait for water.
16. You have ever walked 3 miles into the woods in 100 degree heat in full turnout gear and a 5 gallon or more water can strapped on your back just to put out a fire.
17. Your kids are afraid to get into water fights with you.
18. "Climbing the corporate ladder" has nothing to do with career advancement.
19. Your work gear makes you sound like Darth Vader.
20. You roll around in anything that just burned to make your new gear look old.
21. You take pride in the fact that you haven't washed your gear in years.
22. You carry enough in your pockets to give the Swiss army knives competition.
23. You carry enough in your car to extinguish a minor blaze.
24. You have ever juggled hot coals with your gloves.
25. Your own vehicle has more lights than a Christmas tree.
26. All the shirts you own say you are a firefighter.
27. You find yourself living at the fire department 365 days a year!
28. When you go to rent a movie, and come back with Backdraft EVERYTIME!
29. When you are in the 'middle of something' with your wife or girlfriend and the pager goes off for a call.
30. If you have more pagers than money in your wallet.
31. If the smell of a fire excites you more than sex does.
32. If a great stop has nothing to do with a moving vehicle.
33. If assembling a mile and a half of hose running up a hill to catch a fire is a good day.
34. The microwave goes off and you run out of the house thinking it was your pager.
35. If you can hear that the siren will go off even before your dog does.
36. If you have ever woken up thinking your pager went off and as you look at it, it does.
37. When you really think that rusty old hydrant will look good in the garden.
38. All your friends give you t-shirts from their departments for your birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc.
39. If your wife voluntarily chooses the lumpy side of the bed to avoid being trampled in route to a call!
40. If you wife/girlfriend has learned to duck and take cover when she hears the pager go off for fear of being run down.
41. If you had to extricate someone by cutting the car doors off on one side and realized there was nothing wrong with the doors on the other side.
42. If you have more toy fire trucks than your kids do.
We all need to lighten up in these forums...I thought this was the perfect way to do that.
"When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
"Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."
Youngstown Fire Department
Results 1 to 2 of 2
02-24-2001, 02:53 AM #1daysleeper47Firehouse.com Guest
Life's Too Serious...Lighten Up!( It's Some FF Humor)
02-24-2001, 10:50 AM #2SFD-129-3Firehouse.com Guest
What about parking your pov facing out? Scanning public places for alarm panels and emergency exits?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)