Firehouse.com Guest

Talking The real story on Co. 8

For those of you who had questions about Seat Pleasant VFD (company 8):

The reality is...my god...we are still there functioning as a cohesive station!! If you dont believe me, CMON DOWN!! To those who asked why we are always getting attacked and talked about: its because we happen to be on many of the larger calls the county runs, and as a result interact with many companies. We also tend to be more aggressive with the way we do things, this might rub people the wrong way. I have been at 8 for about a year, and went through the tough time, although I wasn't there during the "hey day", I have seen how for some reason people like to, for lack of a better phrase, pick on us. Personally, I enjoy spending my time there, I have run better calls at 8 than anywhere else i have been before. I hope this might answer some questions. Other people from 8, add if you like.....

----

hot DAMN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

I rode there back in the heydays of the 100% vollie times about 5 years ago. I caught alot of fire and had alot of fun, I lived too far away to join, but I would say that for the most part the FireMEN at 8 were some of the best I have ever had the honor to serve with. I may stop by again and ride...some one let me know how I can thats from 8..
    ----
    Just a BLOODSUCKIN' Tick ;-)

hot DAMN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

can someone from 8 let me know how to get back in there to ride? I still have my county number....post a contact point on this site if you can please

GHETTOGHOST
    Firehouse.com Guest

HOT DAMN Just call the firehouse and talk to a vollie

hot DAMN
    Firehouse.com Guest

and the number would be.....

Firehouse.com Guest

sent the information to your e-mail

GHETTOGHOST
    Firehouse.com Guest

I just wanted to say that the doors at 8 are always open to someone who wants to run a high volume of calls wether it be fire or now unfortunately ems. The people both paid and volunteer are easy to get along with as long as you can take a joke. As long as you don't have a problem running 15-20 calls a day and like to see fire than you should be fine at seat pleasant.

Wheelman1619
    Firehouse.com Guest

Used to be back in the "Hey day" you didnt even need a county number to ride at 8. All you needed was a pulse. Hell They'd probably let you drive(lisence or not)...

ff ladybug
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

From what I know, and who I know....if you want some serious action and are a true lifesaver you should go to 8. Keep up the good work guys

13thFireDog
    Firehouse.com Guest

Squad 13....

Thread Information