Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    One13Truck
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Haunted calls....

Well since the haunted firehouses got quite a few replies to it I figured I'd toss this one out as well. Anybody have any places in their coverage area that when you hear the address (fire or medical) you just cringe and want to be put out of service for the call?? I'll try to get some more details on it but we have a place in town supposed to be haunted. Our chief has been creeped out there doing routine fire inspections but aside from the usual noises and tools vanishing and stuff nothing major has happened. Anybody want to share any experiences of their own???

------------------
    Edwardsville Emergency Services, Station 10
    We came, we saw, WE KICKED IT'S *****!!!

RJE
    Firehouse.com Guest

The house I grew up in (until age 8).

We built it (custom). 3 years later, my little brother died of leukemia. We moved shortly thereafter.

New owners had horses, boarded in a barn 1 mile up the road. The barn burned, and all their horses died, but no one else's.

About 5 years after that, the new (3rd) owner died of a heart attack while jogging.

5 years after that, the kitchen caught fire. Minimal damage to the house, but "grandma" that lived with them was home alone, and died of smoke inhalation.

Now all the neighbor kids say that house is haunted.

BTW, this was a vacant lot on the end of a dead end street when we bought it. The reason it was vacant was a fire had destroyed an older house on the same lot, claiming a family of 4.

smokeater-n-hellraiser
    Firehouse.com Guest

{points to back of neck} Ahh man, I just combed my hair too.....
    Seirously though, a FF {not sure where} was killed LOD, and from what I understand, whoever wears that airpack/mask/bottle, hears things that nonone else does. Labored breathing, as though the person was not getting enough air...
    Another friend, a volly, was responding in his POV, when he saw what appeared to be a vintage La France [AKA had a steam powered pump, etc} go racing by. When he got to the scene, a couple of guys from his company told him that when THEY responded {first due}, they found the roof had already vented itself. Probably a structaral failure, but the hole was mysteriously square, and had mysterious chop markings around the edge....

------------------
    "I hate it when someone says something is impossible, because then I have to go and find a way to do it."
    Whatever it is, I didn't do it, and I don't know anything about a fire. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
    Stay safe, boys and girls. It's for keeps out there.

wannabe-EMT
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face

This doesn't quite compare, but so far it's the creepiest I've been on. Full cardiac arrest in the upstairs hallway of a house. It's tight working space, so I'm near the patient's head, and am backed somewhat into a bedroom. I hear this odd kind of moan/gurgle/mumble that really sounded human come from right behind me, and I turn to look into the room for its source. I KNOW it came from that room, and not the patient, and not outside, but the room was empty. Maybe it was my imagination... I don't know. Guess I never will. Creepy, though.

ggtruckie
    Firehouse.com Guest

TRUE STORY

In our first due there is a haunted bridge. At midnight on halloween you are supposed to walk across the bridge turn around exactly at midnight and see some union cavilry crossing the bridge toward you or some dumb thing like that. well two years ago on halloween at midnight we had a call on the bridge. We got on scence put out a car fully involved and then noticed the owners of it walking across the bridge very timidly. Apperntly they tried to catch a glimpse of the ghost or what not and when they turned around to see the ghost they saw their car fully involved.

One13Truck
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

Still trying to dig up some info on the building I mentioned. Will keep trying though!!!!!

------------------

Pastor Dawn
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

I'm not sure what I think about this one; but we have a house just outside of the district where there have been a few calls over the years. Nothing serious, but the people who go into the house via the foyer, walk in facing an old gilded mirror that belonged to someone (who knows, maybe a previous owner?) anyway, sometimes a black man will appear in the mirror. Just long enough to startle the person coming in the door and then he vanishes. I've only seen him once but I swear it was a trick of the sunlight on my own reflection; but who am I to say that it can't happen. Anyway, the tale is that the house was once part of the underground railroad and that this man is either a former slave or an "engineer".

Fact or fiction; you decide.

Blessings to all !!!

Geno
    Firehouse.com Guest

I wanted to post this under "haunted firehouses" but... guess I'll post it here.

I have heard the same story numerous times...can someone verify?

Here in Pittsburgh PA one of the city's depts. is haunted. Can't remember the station name. Guys refusing to sleep in the lower bunk room because of the usual haunting things..cold spots, things moving, sounds, feelings of being watched, people talking.

One13Truck
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

Geno,

We usually get out to Pittsburgh at least once a year (usually the 1st weekend in April to see the Pens play if it's the Flyers or Rangers on the schedule that weekend). I haven't had a chance to get to any of the stations near "The Igloo" yet but one of these times out there I'm hoping too... If anybody has any info on this let me know.... Just another good excuse to drop by one of them while I'm there!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by One13Truck (edited 06-12-2001).]

One13Truck
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

No more?? Nobody has any other stories to share?? There has to be something else.

------------------

thunter16148
    Firehouse.com Guest

I really don't have any stories about possible haunted buildings BUT......Our fire dept. burned an old abandoned farm house for an owner last year and I took several pictures.When I seen one of the shots I took with the digital camera ,goose bumps went down my whole body.It appears plainly to be a woman in the window among all the fire.If you want to see it click the link to our website I manage.
    www.geocities.com/oakwood_vfd/farmhouse.html

Mike

Firelover
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Can't say that I've ever experienced anyting like that, but I have however closed my eyes for a slip second (usually during a yahn or a blink) and saw an engine responding to a call. Shortly after my pager will go off sending me to a call. It's really weird and hasn't happened for a little while.
    That's a ghostly as I get.

------------------
    Joel

If you sent us to HELL, WE'D PUT IT OUT!!

**And of course these are only my opinion and only mine. Don't take it out on anyone else but me.**

Neptune 33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

thunter16148: That is really freaky!!!!!! I encourage everyone to go to that site and look at that!! It honestly made goosebumps go up and down my back!!! WOW!

Jake295885
    Firehouse.com Guest

Several years ago, I discovered that the police would dispatch a fire call 30 seconds to a minute before we got it. Ever since then I stared to monitor the police radio at work. ( hey, if you were gonna run a foot race and i offered you a 1 minute head start, would you take it?)

One evening, while working at 6 Engine, a police call went out to assist the fire dept for smoke in the area at 12th & Cary. We were first due so I turned the company out with the house gong. The Firehouse was 14 blocks from the address and as we hit the half way point, we began to wonder why their was no dispatch. upon arrival at the corner you could smell the distinct odor of burnt popcorn and we were meet by a policeman why asked why we were here. it seems he was at the corner when the call came out and quickly investigated it and cancelled the fire dept. all before we were even dispatched. My troops laughed and laughed at me, and from that day forward, referred to that unlogged run as the ghost run..............Jake

One13Truck
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

thunter16148,

That pic is freaky.... Took me a while to see it though, and I usually pick out things like that real quick.

------------------

ff21
    Firehouse.com Guest

the haunting that comes to mind was on a training burnthe insturctor( my dad ) was setting the fire and watching it build and all of a sudden saw footsteps walking across the floor kind like bare footed foot steps.
    the pic at worchester when i saw the firefighter in the flames freacked my out
    also I can predict when we will have a call sometimes
    stay safe and have fun

Engine58
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

yea...I dont wanna sound weird but I too predict cals we get....I just get a weird feeling hard to describe and I just go I bet you we are gona get a run tonight..sure enough tones go out no longer than 15 minutes later.....or like 3 weeks ago....we had a meeting thursday night and I kept saying all week long...somethings not right.somethin bads gonna happen this weekend..sure enough Saturday we got toned out for a smoke alarm activation...while en route one of our engines was totalled and 3 firemen were sent to the hospital with injuries but were released either hte same day or the day after.. the guys at hte firehouse think im a little strange when I talk like that but I'm usually right 90% of hte time..which freaks me out even more...other than that I dont know anything else really that is to freaky... I love that picture its really cool....im all into that whole paranormal ghost thing soo that was prety cool.

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    Explorer Engine 6 So. Amboy Fire Dept & Cadet Morgan FAS
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"
    http://engine058.boltpages.com/southamboyfiredepartmentexplor erpost6/

bfd1071
    Firehouse.com Guest

This is not a haunted firehouse, or haunted call in my area, infact this is in Fl. When i was in the Navy I spent roughly 3 months in pensacola fl, at the naval air station. Along the water they have a old fort used during one of the early wars. It was open to the public by day for tours, and closed at night. Me and a few friends had heard about the so called hauntings at this spot. So being the skeptic I was we decided to plan a little trip to the beach that night. As we walked up the trail to the fort we saw nothing nor heard anything. We walked around for awhile, and as we where about to blow it off, a blur caught our eye. as we looked you could see several objects running toward the fort in front of us. As we had to see for ourselves if anyone was out there screwing with us. when the images ran into the fort, a fort i might add that was locked with a steel grate, we knew it was time to high tail it out of there like a bunch of screaming cowards. I can only say this...I'm no longer a skeptic!

------------------
    ** The opionions are mine and mine alone, they are not that of my dept or the local**

crashman
    Firehouse.com Guest

BFD1071
    that's funny you mention that fort. I haven't thought of that place in years!!!

I grew up in PCola. Myself and my buds used to go down to the fort all the time and try to scare the crap out of tourists, and Sailors
    It was probably three or four of us teenage potheads just out for a bit of ghost making magic.
    My favorite night was making these 2 brand new boot recruits pee themselves, while they were trying to "get to know" a couple of the local girls down in the fort.

Those girls were great accomplices.....When the boots ran away, we'd join the girls and drink the beer the sailors bought....and left.

p.s there is all kinds of buried entrances to those catacombs that no tourist ever found, made for one heck of a fright night.

SonicFF
    Firehouse.com Guest

I missed the haunted firehouses thread but I'll throw my story in with this one...I worked for a department that had lost a few members in its time. Over the course of the first few months I was there, I noticed strange noises in the bay. Once I walked in the front door only to hear the back door slam. I walked back to see who it was, and when I opened the back door, no one was there. There was fresh snow on the ground and no tracks. Another time I went down to the bay in the middle of the night. I heard distinct footsteps walking around one of the rigs on the other side of the bay. I called out but no one answered. I got spooked and crept around the bay with an axe trying to find the intruder. No one there! I also got a really spooky feeling a few times when I was alone in the bay by the back door. Later, I happened to mention to the chief that I had heard some weird stuff in the station at night. He got a strange look on his face and said "let me guess...footsteps behind Engine 3 and a creepy feeling by the back door!" I got the same story from one of the captains, about hearing footsteps and all that. Guess someone's still hanging around....

------------------
    Sonic

Thread Information