Tentruck
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question ISI Thermal Imaging Camera

Does anyone else out there have constant problems with their camera's? Ours seems to be in the shop more than it is on the Truck!

lumpy649
    Firehouse.com Guest

We carry a Talisman on the Rescue... no problems here. Great camera. What type of problems have you encountered, and are they brand specific or just TIC bugs in general?

[This message has been edited by lumpy649 (edited 03-11-2001).]

Captain Gonzo
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

We have two Bullards and are getting two more. No problems at all!

------------------
    Firefighters: rising under adverse conditions to accept the challenge!
    Captain Gonzo

pyroknight
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I find it a little suspicious that even though the Talisman was the only camera to pass the Navy TIC test, the total number of Talisman cameras purchased by the USN was ZERO.

What do you think of the new Scott camera in Fire Engineering this month?

Ford45
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

TenTruck, We've had ours for I think about five to eight years, and the only time I remember it being out of service in the last two years was b/c it got melted. Talk to Chris from 55's for more info, but i don't know if he knows any more than I do. Great camera for bein a few years old.

lumpy649
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

Pyro... I do like the Talisman, used it last Monday on a rockin' single family with three bedrooms and attic lit off, never let me down... but I didn't know about the Navy not purchasing any... it does raise a question. Thanks for the info, do you know why this is the case?

mike021
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have a ISI TIC and we have never had any problems with ours.

FF.1205
    Firehouse.com Guest

Same problem here we run with a vision III and their have been very few fires it has worked for me throughout the incident. It has been sent back and is now waiting to get sent back again. I won't even bother grabbing it now unless it is a matter of life or death. I will say just in looking at the battery box (it's not Firefighter proof) thats about .15 worth of manufacturing for a $17,000 pc of equipment?????

Corvin
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our ISI camera's have pretty much been constant problems. Of the four they bought one stands out. It has been replaced completely twice and still is considered unreliable.

Many (not all) of the companies are not carrying them first in any more. They fairly often shut down after a minute or so of operation, give a poor to no picture or just have battery failure. We have replaced all the batteries, they are charged for 24 hours and replaced every morning at truck checks and still who knows how it will work later.

Bluntly after watching the fire service adopt the TIC en masse I just assumed they were a bandwagon item/fad. My own limited experience with them was that they were a $17000 door stop.

good luck
    Be Safe
    Chris

mike021
    Firehouse.com Guest

We've had our for like a year or so, and I do not know or remember any problems at all. We love ours, and so do the surrounding towns who use ours also.

------------------
    This is your brain... Pierce
    This is your Brain on drugs..... E-One
    http://www.nfco1.freeservers.com

Firelover
    Firehouse.com Guest

We actually just got ours, but we were promissed by the company that we bought it from, that if it need to be repaired, they will lend us one in the mean time. This is a Scott Thermal imager.... It's really nice and I wouldn't want any other

------------------
    Joel

If you sent us to HELL, WE'D PUT IT OUT!!

**And of course these are only my opinion and only mine. Don't take it out on anyone else but me.**

FFE3BFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Three Vision III's from ISI, No problems. Check your battery chargers or the outlets they are plugged into.

Looper
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have 3 TICs (2 Scott, 1 ISI). No real problems with the Scotts, and the ISI has been sent in once to get repaired. The pistol grip handle on the ISI also broke once, but the camera was still in service.

We love the cameras and will probably get a couple more this year. We use them all the time, and even get special called on mutual aid, just for the TIC.

squirrel721
    Firehouse.com Guest

we have a bullard at my station and we have not had any problems with it or have we heard anyone else having problems with theirs.

alaskafireman
    Firehouse.com Guest

we have a isi vision 3 at my dept and our mutual aid dept also has one....you do need to make sure the battery chargers is up and running.

only time our TIC went in to shop was the pyrometer was reading inaccurate temp...... other than that we have no problems.

it even survived in a ceiling collapse on my chief and I. Even have the video of it and it was dragged out with the chief as i dragged him out.....we are both ok though. 1st rescue for me and it was the chief.

Stay safe

Sean

Thread Information