Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: volly vs. paid

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rjtoc2 View Post
    I put my bunker pants on just like the next guy whether he is career or volunteer, but when I put them on the fire goes out!
    Damn!! We usually have to put water on the fire. And to think, just by putting on your bunkers the fire goes out

Default ?

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    Damn!! We usually have to put water on the fire. And to think, just by putting on your bunkers the fire goes out
    I take it by your response that you are not a Christopher Walken fan.
    rjtoc2

career Fire Captain
    IAFF member
    Native Texan (by way of New Orleans)

***The above post (s) is/are MY opinion and do/does not necessarily reflect the views, positions, or opinions of neither my employer nor my IAFF Local.***

Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof, and make counter accusations.

A lack of planning on your behalf does NOT create an emergency on my behalf.

When all is said and done, alot more is said than done

Forum Member

Cool

[QUOTE=scfire86;846502]There's a reason why you're a hillbilly and I'm not.

Do a records request and get the facts for yourself. Or maybe you just like to prove your ignorance.[/Q

We all can't be blessed!

A hillbilly went hunting one day in Oklahoma and bagged three ducks.
    He put them in the bed of his pickup truck and was about to drive home when he was confronted by an ornery game warden that didn't like hillbillies.

The game warden ordered to the hillbilly to show his hunting license, and the hillbilly pulled out a valid Oklahoma hunting license.

The game warden looked at the license, then reached over and picked up one of the ducks, sniffed its butt, and said, "This duck ain't from Oklahoma. This is a Kansas duck. You got a Kansas huntin' license, boy?"

The hillbilly reached into his wallet and produced a Kansas hunting license. The game warden looked at it, then reached over and grabbed the second duck, sniffed its butt, and said "This ain't no Kansas duck. This duck's from Arkansas. You got a Arkansas license?"

The hillbilly reached into his wallet and produced an Arkansas hunting license.
    The warden then reached over and picked up the third duck, sniffed its butt, and said this ain't no Arkansas duck. This here duck's from South Carolina. You got a South Carolina huntin' license?" Again the hillbilly reached into his wallet and brought out a South Carolina hunting license.

The game warden was extremely frustrated at this point, and he yelled at the hillbilly "Just where the hell are you from?" The hillbilly turned around, bent over, dropped his pants, and said, "You tell me, expert
    Last edited by coldfront; 08-06-2007 at 03:24 PM.
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    Now Trotter, all fire will eventually go out, whether we have our bunkers on or not!
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

Quote Originally Posted by coldfront View Post

We all can't be blessed!
    Wow. A great response. Using a joke that has no bearing in reality.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Wow. A great response. Using a joke that has no bearing in reality.
    You think that your hillbilly comment warranted a great response? I tend to think it got the response it deserved.

Not that Coldfront isn't a hillbilly, of course.

Welcome the Dead Horse Market

Aisle 1 - personnel

Career vs Volunteers

Aisle 2 - Apparatus

lime green vs red

Aisle 3 - nozzles

fog vs smooth bore

Aisle 4 - helmets

leather vs tupperware

Aisle 5 - specials

Alcohol in the fire hall
    "My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea." - Tommy Douglas 1961.

Tender 9 - old, slow, ugly, cantankerous, reliable!

All empires fall, you just have to know where to push

Quote Originally Posted by randsc View Post
    You think that your hillbilly comment warranted a great response? I tend to think it got the response it deserved.

Not that Coldfront isn't a hillbilly, of course.
    He opened the door on his being a hillbilly. Where I come from that connotes a person of little or no knowledge. Maybe in your neck of the woods it means someone of great sophistication and intellect.

On to the question. He accused me of lying about the response rate of our reserve ff's. All he has to do to prove me wrong is do a records request with our department and put the results here. I doubt he or anyone else is willing to do that. It's easier to accuse me of lying.

Forum Member

Wink

He opened the door on his being a hillbilly. Where I come from that connotes a person of little or no knowledge. Maybe in your neck of the woods it means someone of great sophistication and intellect.

On to the question. He accused me of lying about the response rate of our reserve ff's. All he has to do to prove me wrong is do a records request with our department and put the results here. I doubt he or anyone else is willing to do that. It's easier to accuse me of lying.
    You need some medication!Go back and read the post.It is a joke.Get a life beside this forum.I make no bones about being from hills.I could care less about your records!I do believe your a french fry short of a happy meal!

Don't make me come down there !How big boy r u.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by coldfront; 08-06-2007 at 07:39 PM.

Hillbilly Irish!

You need some medication!Go back and read the post.It is a joke.Get a life beside this forum.I make no bones about being from hills.I could care less about your records!I do believe your a french fry short of a happy meal!
    Tell me which part would indicate its a joke. I don't eat happy meals. I enjoy have low cholesterol.

Don't make me come down there !How big boy r u.
    Bring it on there little fella.

Forum Member

Smile

Tell me which part would indicate its a joke. I don't eat happy meals. I enjoy have low cholesterol.

Bring it on there little fella.
    Your all brave with that metal head of uers.

I also dont eat happy meals hell their isn't a Micky D's within 50 miles of here.

Be safe!

Hillbilly Irish!

MembersZone Subscriber JohnVBFD's Avatar

If I play the role of Don King,

Do I get to reap 110% of all proceeds from this fight
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Be safe!
    Back at ya hillbilly. No worries.

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocVBFDE14 View Post
    If I play the role of Don King,

Do I get to reap 110% of all proceeds from this fight
    No.
    Instead of playing the role of Don King, you will now be playing Al Sharpton.
    PeeWee Herman was unavailable.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

hate to beat a dead horse.....

go watch the part in the movie 300, when the king of sparta asks the athenians what there profession is compared to the spartans.

Forum Member
    East of the Pecos...South of North Carolina

There is that dang "neck of the woods" thing again. Please, please,no more,no more. ARRRGGGHH. (see "hot enough for ya?")

I can't remember ever missing a 12/6 a.m. call unless it was a 10/50 thirty miles away. Forgive me.

Appropriate for the title of this thread...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rangersham View Post
    hate to beat a dead horse.....

go watch the part in the movie 300, when the king of sparta asks the athenians what there profession is compared to the spartans.

Funny, I thought they were Acadians, not Athenians.
    Besides, to use your analogy, nobody here is a "true" FF, then, except maybe live-in guys LOL. After all, the Spartans lived, ate, breathed, and slept war and battle...hence the term "Spartan" as an adjective meaning "bare-bones" and with little "creature comfort". Spartans had no time or desire for such trivialities.
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Appropriate for the title of this thread...
    lmao for the pic.

the title of this thread,should be: vollie AND paid.or paid AND vollie.
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

Voli Vs Paid.

2 seconds scrolling to the bottom of the page.

Never read a post on the way down here.

Knobber, sod off.

You have never absorbed a single thing in your life, and more as likely it will never matter if the person imparting life saving piece of information into the vacume that exists (even though nature hates vacumes) between your ears is a Voli or a paid Firefighter.

The message will go

ZOOM.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Thread Information