Forum Member

Well I guess everything that we have discussed here can just be chalked up as the nature of the beast.

/THREAD
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

MembersZone Subscriber

I can agree to disagree on this one

Forum Member

I'm not saying that I disagree with you, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do; and if that means running your new Whelen LED Lightbar that's worth more than your U-Go to save a life; then sometimes that's what you gotta do.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

MembersZone Subscriber

This is rediculous, that we are discussing this AGAIN. But, this is a discussion forum, and that's what it's for, right?

Lights in POV works for some, doesn't work for others. If it works for you, then use it and use it well. If it doesn't work for you, then don't do it, and don't complain about the one's that do.

makes good girls go bad

YES, lights in POVs work, WHEN;
    1) It is not over done. A light or two on the front, and one in the back is all you really need

2) The memeber who has the lights is RESPONSIABLE! This means his/her POV is in good shape, he/she has a good driving record, and there are strict rules governing when they should be used

I have a light in the front, and a light in the back so I can be IDed from the rear if needed. I only use them for "confirmed" calls, or if i am 1st on scene of an MVC. An Activated Fire Alarm, or palm tree on fire, really is no cause for me, who will make the Truck Co. no matter how fast or slow I go (second out unit) to go rushing through traffic like a moron, endangering myself, and others just to sit outside while my officer silences a panel.
    If you have more lights on your POV then a Christmas tree, you need a checkup from the neckup
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

My POV looks like the demented, bastard offspring of a UFO and porcupine copulation. I have red and clear lights all over the front of my truck with red facing to the rear. I have antennae strategically mounted for two VHF radios, a scanner and a CB radio. I have a siren mounted in the grill and enough power being pumped out of the CB to light up fluorescent bulbs (2’) lining the bed of the truck .

Can someone tell me what kind of alternator I will need to hook up my Federal Q and still be able to power everything else?

Sniff…….

Sniff……..

Is that rotting horse flesh????
    Stupid People.......Providing Job Security to Public Safety Professionals for ........forever

Forum Member

Ha HA!!!!

Killed it!!
    Stupid People.......Providing Job Security to Public Safety Professionals for ........forever

Forum Member

In my town just about everyone has a blue light, but only 5 people per company are allowed to have sirens...hence the top 5 officers. We keep it simple...if you drive like an *********, you get treated like one and lose your blue light permit. I have one light in the dash (Slimighter TIR6) and one in the back (cheap little Sho-Me). That's all you need. I barely use them! I use them the most for MVA's because we get alot of them on the major highway.

You don't need a million lights to get the job done

Forum Member

Ok this has been going on for long enough,lol..... I have a Whelen Slimlighter Amber/Clear on my dash. It works Great. No need for 4542434,2343243 different lights.

Forum Member

So this topic is now over?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by PumpOperator
    So this topic is now over?
    At least until the next time someone starts a 'Pov Light' thread.
    ...South of the James...By Invitation Only!

Thread Information