Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    knappsk
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post News coverage of LODD

Just to let you guy's know, the news that two brothers were killed yesterday and a third was critically burned in our state didn't make the St. Louis paper. However, the top story was an interesting article about hom much money pharmacists make after college, and a debate over the number of dog parks in the city. Thoughts?

E_man9RFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

First, my condolences for your losses.

I would very much like to hear more details, or read the article. Can you give me an address where I can get the info?

Please contact me at: Boston221@msn.com

Thanks, brother.

------------------
    AAD
    Eng. Co. 9
    RFD

"In all of us there are heroes... speak to them and they will come forth."

"In order for us to achieve all that is demanded of us, we must regard ourselves as greater than we are."

[This message has been edited by E_man9RFD (edited 03-19-2001).]

lumpy649
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

Thoughts? How pathetic. When a brother or any other public servant loses his or her life, why is it that the media will only give a quick blurb (if THAT much) and move on, but will air 15 minute stories on trivial B(ovine) S(catology) subjects? Why not use the time to promote fire safety, or reinforce the fact that their local departments may lack funding or members, or just a look into the day of the average firefighter or police officer and let the public know exactly what it is that we do? It makes me sick. And I'm sorry to hear about the guys that we lost... I say "we" becuase we're all in this together.

newasstchief
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our area was unfortunate to have a FF LODD and Police LODD the same day. Officer Niam's death was/is top story material since Fri. for all the major news casts and newspapers, w/ some very nice coverage of the funeral. While on the other hand, FF Winner's death got a 30 sec. announcement on Fri, and only 2/4 of the major stations even showed 10 sec of the funeral which was, similar to knappsk experience, buried behind 10 min of more "important" stories. While no disrespect is meant towards Officer Niam, his death deserved every sec of coverage and is a tragic loss, it saddens and confuses me why a FF LODD is barely news worthy.

Hammerhead338
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

knappsk, I work in rolla, and the springfield tv stations and the springfield news paper did have stories on the incident.

I have noticed several ff that have died in mo haven't been in the st louis papers or the tv, don't know why.

Have a good day and be safe.

Joe

Thread Information