Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    APG1
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

Indeed. I would like to see the Public's response to this posting line. Perhaps the webteam will lock it shortly.

Grow up, you're all acting like little children because the big kid got a new videogame (That no one really wants, but still). If you can't do anything but throw insults, go post somewhere else.

LtStick
    Firehouse.com Guest

I don't think that everyone is necessarily throwing insults but, just giving the guy a bit of a hard time. Most of it sounds like what you would normally hear at a Fire house. However some of the points brought up are valid points though. I know I wasn't trying to insult the guy just give him a little ribbing. So if I offended the guy I apoligize for it.

AFF_Rescue4
    Firehouse.com Guest

There were alot of good suggestions made here on this post. I understand that I shouldn't be spending half my money on this but it just happenes, like I said before. More than half the lights I have I just stumbled apon, like the dashmiser's I came across (Not Purposely) through a buddy of mine and the deal WAS to good to pass up. Now to eng522ine, I do a fair share of Giving to The local and some oher Charities. I also helped set up a fund raiser and raise the money for our new Officers Car. Alot of the other little tid bits I do to help out the way I can.

RJE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Come join my dad's dept. You won't even get your light PERMIT until you're off the 1 year probation, and that's after you're a full FF, not a junior, and then it's if he thinks you can handle it RESPONSIBLY.

I know he's pulled as many permits as he's written to young guys in the last few years. Most of the old guys don't bother, they get to the station at the same time anyway.

And as far as fire supression gear? That thing's big enough - put in a poly in the back seat and a Hale P-250 in the trunk. Then you could paint it red with the dept. name on the side and call it a "quick response" unit.

BTW, where I grew up, you were only allowed 2 blue lights + wigwags + siren. Where I live now, you get nothing at all.

SFD-129-3
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

HAHAHAHAHAHA! oh my god, I almost ******ed myself. I notice you didn't say if you had a brick to throw on the gas to keep rpm's up for scene lighting!
    Out of cureousity, what are you going to do when you get there? I notice you didn't have any medical bags (EMS Professional) or 2-way radio (Fire officer). It must take you longer to turn on switches than it takes most of us to get to the station!

dr inferno
    Firehouse.com Guest

APG1: The guy who posted this doesn't mind the comments so why come off like you are the morality police. Oh ya if you can't take a joke don't be one!! Anyone who has a car like this has got to take abuse all the time so I'm sure he don't mind a little more.

AFF_Rescue4
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am so used to hear comments just simalr to these that they dont bother me. At first they did alittle but not much. I am actually proud of my car. Down here we have what is called "HARBOR DAYS" Its where the towns get together at set up little boths, its kinda like a miny festival, well anyway the past year(June00-July00) my car had more people at it than any other truck there. So I am PROUD of my car and its package.

RS225
    Firehouse.com Guest

ok listen up i dont care what other people say the more the better and thats just it

------------------
    ...fire fetish???......
    ...damn right!!!!

PA Volunteer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Having all of these lights on your POV is illegal where I'm from. Apparently not where AFF is from. We sometimes wondered why it's illegal ... now we know.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have to make a decision tomorrow on what type of dashlight I will buy. I am trying to decide between a dashlazer with the mirror, firebeam with the flash mirror, or the LED tir6 wehelen slimlighter.
    They have to be blue. I dont think I want a strobe dashlight due to the problem I have seen during the day. I like the price of halogen lights but love the power of the new LED. I NEED HELP.

Default GRAH!

Just when you thought this topic was dead and going away... someone has to bring it up! Just a bloody blue light if you're going too!

MembersZone Subscriber

ummmmmmmmm, wow! That's a lot of lights. I have to wonder what you use them all for. Do you use them for traffic control or to try to be noticed faster when responding? Have you run into a problem with blinding people at night with them? My expierience is that if you have too many lights going at the same time, people sort of become messmorized by them and don't notice pedestrians or traffic control. I have to admit your set up does sound sort of cool in a way, but it does sound like it's a tad too much to be practical. I don't mean to bust on you and I hope you don't take it that way, but I would advise caution when using them. God bless and stay safe.
    Randall E. Guntrum FF/E.M.T.
    Last edited by Gooch26; 02-02-2008 at 04:20 AM.
    If lights, sirens, and air horns do not attract the attention of a driver, he or she is too drunk to be assisted by a paint scheme.

Exclamation It's not really a deal.

If you've got all the lights you need (you have more) and find new lights on sale, it's not a *good deal* to spend money on them. It's actually *wasting money* because you're buying something you don't need.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have learned these lessons the hard way. I have on light fixture which is a three rotator mini bar on top of my car. The crazy thing is that people actually move out of the way some of the time. Mostly the light serves the purpose of me getting noticed before the crew leaves for medical calls. They will wait for me. Anything els and good luck. I used to think I needed three million lights but now that I have this mini bar I think I have plenty flashy bright things on my car. It may not move cars because it is only a curtisy light but it does tell my station who is coming in and that if they have room and want to they can wait for me.
    (20inch SVP 3 rotator light bar clear dome blue filters)

MembersZone Subscriber

I know you guys are going to want to kill me for this but I need to get an answer back to my chief. The problem we are facing is that we want to put a new lightbar on the mini rescue which is a pickup truck. A lightbar with mirrors will cost us $100 more than a regular 5 rotator lightbar with no mirrors. Do you really need to have a bunch of mirrors on a lightbar. Remember this is for my chief not for me. I am trying to persuade him that we do not have to have mirrors. We are on a strict budget. A $100 could mean a set of remote strobes in the grill.

MembersZone Subscriber

Tshayes, get the cheaper lightbar. Forget about the strobes and use the extra $$ for something important.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default lighting package

Please take this in stride, I always wonder what a whacker was you have answered it. Thank you

ROTFLMFAO.

"Engine 2, Pump 3. Please respond to I285 for a molten pile of metal, apparently it may be flashing brightly so wear your sunglasses."

GO BACK TO THE EXPLORERS THREADS. PLEASE.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber

How many years do you need in the emergency services to realize that a good driver can get where they are going in 99% of the circumstances encountere with absolutely no warning lights at all?

Forum Member

AFF Rescue4 assuming that your not making this up I can only say;YOU HAVE SERIOUS ISSUES AND NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP! good luck....

Thread Information