Attached Images Attached Images  
    J.B.WEIR
    Summerville Vol Fire Dept
    Pride In Service !

Default Hheheheh

-That- was classic. Bravo Weir, bravo. :>

MembersZone Subscriber pcfdcap1's Avatar
    finally getting ready to start the new station

Hot shot II with reflector. Simple, easy, cheap, effective and legal in Illinois.

Talking Used to be a stem wacker

A lot of us went through this phase. I certainly did back when I first joined the volunteer fire service at age 18. I Lived less than a mile from the firehouse and had more lights than the average fire truck. Had I saved all that money I'd be a lot richer. Live and learn.

I've grown up and now keep a single blue whelen responder in the trunk should I feel the need to identify my vehicle as a volunteer firefighter vehicle.

Stay safe!

Talking BLINKY BLINK BLINK

I hear ya there CF-Mack. We've got a couple people who live down the road from, who're closer to the firehouse then I am. One guy has the whole deal set up on his Dodge Neon. Mini-lightbar, dashlaser, hideaways in all the OEM lights, etc. Me, all I've got is a single whelen flatlighter strobe. Tucks up, away, no one knows it's there unless I want them too. Guess how easy it is for me to cross state lines, vs. him.

And yet, we both end up at the station house at the same time, and ride the same truck...

As one Fort A.P. Hill Virginia Firefighter told me once at the Boy Scout Jamboree where I was a firefighter: "I can look like one of the speeding idiots on the road, or I can look like a speeding idiot with red lights."
    Last edited by ESDA-20; 12-31-2002 at 02:53 PM.

Lightbulb

Hey AFF Rescue 4. Thanks for the laugh! I amost could not stop crying it hurt so bad. You know, I heard the GHOST BUSTERS were looking to replace their car. You ought to look them up. They just may want to buy yours!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

I have a problem with the head staff. They think they need mirrors on every lightbar. I have a mini bar with no mirrors and it is great. Are mirrors worth the extra money.

Default Good gods...

... problem with the head staff? Where are you, scout camp? Sounds like you're trying to decide on your own lightbar...

... why don't you look at the other trucks on your department, or your neighboring departments, and decide, eh?

MembersZone Subscriber

As I have already stated I have a lightbar already if you want a photo of it on my car just say so. This light bar is for a mini rescue pick up truck. NOT MY CAR.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by tshayes
    As I have already stated I have a lightbar already if you want a photo of it on my car just say so. This light bar is for a mini rescue pick up truck. NOT MY CAR.
    "Is not!"

"Is too!"

God, do these kids go back to school soon?

MembersZone Subscriber

I am not a kid and I was just replying that I have mine already and have dropped the subject just looking for help with lighting on our new mini rescue pickup.

Default Re: BLINKY BLINK BLINK

Originally posted by ESDA-20
    As one Fort A.P. Hill Virginia Firefighter told me once at the Boy Scout Jamboree where I was a firefighter: "I can look like one of the speeding idiots on the road, or I can look like a speeding idiot with red lights."
    This was my exact philosophy when I was a paid-per-call firefighter. In two years, I never had a red light and it was the rare occasion when I ever thought I needed one. Besides, I gave oncoming traffic a break in the "red light parade."

LOL this is great now when he drives like a idiot they know exactly where hes going!.. oh well just "NED" going to the fire station better call up his chief and let him know he blinded a car of the road again.... Ever wonder why a firemen spends so much time in the office for bad driving? because with all thoses lights they know where your going!!! Its the guys without lights that get there with no problems and never have to be in the hot seat!..
    There's an old saying around the firehouse."You
    don't have to watch your back, because you know someone else is watching it for you"

Thread Information