Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AFF_Rescue4
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Emergency Lighting

About two years ago I purchased a 1991 Crown Victoria, from a goverment surplus auction in oregon. It needed a little mechanical work, and some body work. Most of the the lights I have have been purchased from galls,Stiechers
    and some others from my buddies.

2x Whelen Dashmiser Plus 2 Split lenses-Rear Deck-Red/Clear,Red/Clear
    1x Galls Rear Halogen Hide-A-Way-Compatible with Fords
    1x Whelen Traffic Advisor w/ Two End Strobes-Red/Red
    1x Fed Sig Firebeam Combo-Behind RVM
    1x Galls Low-Profile Remote Strobes-Mount on bumper-Red/Red
    1x Whelen Strobes-Behind Grille-Red/Red
    1x Galls Wig Wag
    1x Galls Hide-A-Way-Corner Lense-Clear/Clear
    1x Galls Communication Console
    1x Galls Speaker
    1x Galls/Code 3 Slimline Siren/No pa(Old)
    1x Fed Sig 6 Func Switch Panel
    1x 20 channel Uniden Scanner
    And on the way:
    NEW! Galls EXCLUSIVE Modular Console System(D-VE135)
    1x Code 3 V-con M-3694 Siren

"If you can't **** that high, Join the Fire Department"

cfr3504
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

Please don't take offense to this, but what's your point?

Eng522ine
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Is this a personal vehicle? If so, I'd like to make 3 suggestions:

1) Invest in a few 20lb ABC extinguishers for when your light show on wheels decides to short out.

2) 6kw generator to keep your alternator from having a coronary.

3) Personalized license plates reading: "WHACKER"

Be safe.

[This message has been edited by Eng522ine (edited 03-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Eng522ine (edited 03-28-2001).]

AFF_Rescue4
    Firehouse.com Guest

This is indeed a personal vehicle. I love your suggestions and will keep them in mind, but so far the past year I have not had any problems(Knock on wood).

Grumman41
    Firehouse.com Guest

You already have this posted in the Fire Explorer & Jr. Firefighting forums. Why did you decided to post it here also?
    I'm also with cfr3504, what's your point?

AFF_Rescue4
    Firehouse.com Guest

The reason I posted herre also is to see what people have themselves and if what they think.

dr inferno
    Firehouse.com Guest

You must be kidding right? Taking the word "HOOPLE to a whole new level.

pfr172
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

I agree with Eng522ine, you have to be a total whacker to have a light systen like that on a POV. Our engines and trucks don't have that many lights.
    Heres a few tips:
    Sell all your lights and invest in a better vehicle.
    Don't deck out your new vehicle.
    Be sure to have those ABC fire extinguishers.
    Don't join the Firehouse forum and be known as "the whacker with all the lights".

By the way, do you get to the fire twice as fast with all those lights?

AFF_Rescue4
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ah, I understand all of what everyone has to comment on. For me it was more or less a "DEAL" Factor. I got such good deals on them that I didnt pass them up. IE ashmiser Plus II-Galls sells it for-$229.99 I got it with about only 5 hours on it for about $125.00. So the deals were so good I could NOT pass them up. I didn't plan on having this many lights, it just happened.

AFF_Rescue4
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ah, I understand all of what everyone has to comment on. For me it was more or less a "DEAL" Factor. I got such good deals on them that I didnt pass them up. IE ashmiser Plus II-Galls sells it for-$229.99 I got it with about only 5 hours on it for about $125.00. So the deals were so good I could NOT pass them up. I didn't plan on having this many lights, it just happened.

pfr172
    Firehouse.com Guest

AFF Rescue, were they such good deals that you couldn't find any other use for $125?

AFF_Rescue4
    Firehouse.com Guest

When I bought lights I went looking for a firebeam combo and some others. I didn't go lookiing for most of the lights.

AFF_Rescue4
    Firehouse.com Guest

When I bought lights I went looking for a firebeam combo and some others. I didn't go lookiing for most of the lights.

Dr. Law
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Thank you CFR, ENG522, Grumman, Dr. Inferno, and PFR. I have not had as good a laugh as I have had to the responses in this thread in a long, long time. The only thing I can think that this guy forgot was to add glow-in-the-dark paint for when his lights are off, so he can still see his car. (though I imagine that the car will remain glowing for some time AFTER he shuts all the lights off anyway!)

FFDIVERChad165
    Firehouse.com Guest

I come from a Department that has 1 member with a mounted P.O.V. light. So my experience around guys with mounted lights is somewhat limited. However I have observed that in my area the guy with the most lights is usually the least knowledgeable, trained, and experienced. Just my opinion and not directed at the guy who started this thread.

LtStick
    Firehouse.com Guest

I have a few questions for you. Did you go get an alternator out of RV to power that set up or did you put a generator in the trunk? You have to be drawing some serious Juice. Do the other people see you coming and the words" one Adam 12 Responding" come to mind? At night do find that planes follow you when you are responding to calls? If so does the FAA call and ask you to turn them off? Do you posses a fire suppression system on the vehicle?
    Well if nothing else this post has been great entertainment. It made my day

570eck
    Firehouse.com Guest

You guys are absolutely brutal on this guy. I might agree with some of the comments, but it seeems that arff is enthusiastic. I think when most of us get honest with ourselves we can say there was a time when we were a little over zealous too. Let's cut the guy some slack. And if nothing else it might just produce a better light show than haleys comet.

Fireantny
    Firehouse.com Guest

You sir are without a doubt a true siren queer.

Eng522ine
    Firehouse.com Guest

AFF... the next time you have $125 burning a hole in your pocket and you just can't resist buying another toy... try donating it to Toys For Tots or a local burn center or how about a fund drive to help the family of a fallen brother or sister??? Hey, what's gonna do more good... making you're car 10,000 candle power brighter with another 500 flashes per minute or doing some good with the money and maybe making a kid smile??? Think about it for the next time you have $125 that just just can't bear to keep in your pocket. Hey, don't get me wrong, I do realize that its your money and you should spend it how you see fit but just think about it.
    Be safe.

ArmyTruckCompany
    Firehouse.com Guest

Come to this post next time you wonder why a member of the general public thinks that volunteer firemen are a bunch of idiots!!!

Top 10 (better) ways to spend $125.00

10 take my parents out for a nice meal
    9 buy some new uniforms that I need
    8 buy groceries for a week and a half
    7 pay the credit card bill
    6 dinner, movies and flowers for a ladyfriend
    5 pay utility bills
    4 buy self-help books
    3 make a payment on a NON WACKER vehicle
    2 get a hooker and get laid U NEED IT
    1 PSYCHIATRIC HELP!!!! HINT HINT

To be able to spend 125.00 (plus all the other money on that other CRAP) you must live at home with mommy and daddy!!

------------------
    "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

Thread Information