mbielik51
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Fav. TV Show About EMS/FF or Both

Ok if you had to choose one show about the EMS/FF or both what would it be and why. My personal fav. is Emergency.

Fireantny
    Firehouse.com Guest

Emergency ROCKS!!!!

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

With out a doubt it was Johnny and Roy crusing around LA County in Squad 51

EMERGENCY!

Big Zee
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I'll second that!!!!

firefighter15_wv
    Firehouse.com Guest

Emergency. I love it when they crank the "Q" up during the opening credits. The only thing that get's me about this show is that they make it pretty realistic by wearing SCBA's and bunker coats, but where are their bunker pants? They don't even wear the long coats, just a short bunker coat and no pants. Oh well, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

When I was a little kid I watched "Rescue:911" all the time. I like "Emergency!" too, especially since our squad 67 is EXACTLY the same as 51.No coincidence.

Althea

jakeMFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Emergency is still the best there has ever been.

dvfd48r6
    Firehouse.com Guest

They stopped running emergency where I live, and Third Watch has become about the cops, but I guess it will have to do.

Jmatteau
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

I have alway's wanted to sign on the air and say "Ramphart, this is squad 51." Emergency ROCKS without a doubt!!!

SmokeEater31
    Firehouse.com Guest

EMERGENCY. The plectron has to be the BEST!

Something else, which I am sure EVERYONE knows, but I'll blurt it out anyway. Never before has a TV SHOW been sucha catalyst like our Jhonny and Roy. I mean, a LOT of their tactics where such a mixture of "old school" firefighting (when firefighters TRUELY WERE smokeeaters) and Hollywood. But the world credits that show in 1) prompting city fire to start staffing and running ALS squads. 2) A DRAMATIC increase in FireMedics.
    So, I vote for EMERGENCY.

HEY DVFD,
    they don't even show it on Nickolodeon there? That is the only place i can find it here in Nebraska.

------------------
    Your Brother In The Service,
    Rob Herpel
    FF/EMT
    Vice-Pres./Asst. EMS Coordinator
    Fremont Rural Fire Department

Icerader
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Without a doubt.....EMERGENCY! I began my career in the early 70's and Emergency was the best show on TV. I had an opportunity to meet "Chet." What a crack up he was. You know the entire cast went thru a fire academy to play their roles.

I became a Paramedic shortly after the show aired. As an early medic in the LA area, we did a significant amount of prehospital care that is no longer done. I remember those old 20# "core pak" radios.

Kudos to the cast members for bringing the Fire Service to the boob tube. Because of them we certainly have come a long way.

Just a note to FF15_wv: We did not wear bunker pants back then. We carried them on the rigs but they were rarely put on. just wasn't a requirement back then.

By the way.."TVland" carries it twice a day!

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by Icerader:
    Without a doubt.....EMERGENCY! I began my career in the early 70's and Emergency was the best show on TV. I had an opportunity to meet "Chet." What a crack up he was. You know the entire cast went thru a fire academy to play their roles.

I became a Paramedic shortly after the show aired. As an early medic in the LA area, we did a significant amount of prehospital care that is no longer done. I remember those old 20# "core pak" radios.

Kudos to the cast members for bringing the Fire Service to the boob tube. Because of them we certainly have come a long way.

Just a note to FF15_wv: We did not wear bunker pants back then. We carried them on the rigs but they were rarely put on. just wasn't a requirement back then.

By the way.."TVland" carries it twice a day!
    Hey there nieghbor Emergency is on at 11AM and 5pm

Thread Information