Thread: Philly Test II

ArmyTruckCompany
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Philly Test II

Sorry for all the posts, but I want to make sure this is out to as many people as possible. I have learned that you can now download the application for the Civil Service Exam for Philly Fire from Local 22's webpage. You need Adobe Acrobat to read/translate it.
    www.local22iaff.com

stay safe!

------------------
    "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

ArmyTruckCompany
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wanted to bring this back to the top for maximum exposure!! Take the test!!! Wont cost you anything but a saturday afternoon!!!

------------------

FireRebel
    Firehouse.com Guest

Army,
    The question is are you taking it?
    if so Good Luck, that is if you are not already a Philly FF....

axman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

I have been unable to bring up the application, has anyone else had this problem? I have adobe acrobat but the site wont even let me download it.

------------------
    STAY SAFE ALL OF MY BROTHERS.

ArmyTruckCompany
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thats weird....I have several friends that have downloaded it, I downloaded it...and then I have heard from other people that they can't get it.....

Yes, I am taking the test...Currently I work for the US Gov't as a civilian career firefighter. Have taken the civil service exam for both Philly FF and Police Officer before (several times) and have been shot down due to the minority hiring practices. But dont let this discourage anyone else....I got real close to getting hired as a cop before the list I was on died. For anyone having trouble obtaining an application, send me an email and we'll see what we can do to get you one.

------------------

ENGINE18-3
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

Hmmmm..... Now that the Minority is the Majority in Phila. does that make the white male the minority and give them hiring preference?
    Just a question.

------------------
    The statements above are my own opinions

FF Greg Grudzinski
    Oaklyn Fire Dept.
    Station 18-3

ArmyTruckCompany
    Firehouse.com Guest

Greg......HELL OF A GOOD QUESTION!!! I had forgotten all about that article/news story a few months back!! I'll have to look into that!!!

------------------

johnusn971
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by ArmyTruckCompany:
    Thats weird....I have several friends that have downloaded it, I downloaded it...and then I have heard from other people that they can't get it.....

Yes, I am taking the test...Currently I work for the US Gov't as a civilian career firefighter. Have taken the civil service exam for both Philly FF and Police Officer before (several times) and have been shot down due to the minority hiring practices. But dont let this discourage anyone else....I got real close to getting hired as a cop before the list I was on died. For anyone having trouble obtaining an application, send me an email and we'll see what we can do to get you one.

Due what I did. I'm Irish and white. However, on the exam application, I put that I was an African-American. If it is voluntary and not a factor, they can not nail you for lying. If they ask, you however can nail them Beautiful system Affrimative Action is. I do my very best to destroy it every chance they give me.

Doc DC3

ArmyTruckCompany
    Firehouse.com Guest

What Greg was getting at was this- Within the past few months, a big news story broke about how caucasian people are now the MINORITY within Philadelphia.....There are still minority hiring practices within Philly....I am now the minority......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

------------------

Thread Information