Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Fireman2001
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Third Watch (TV SHOW)?

To all Firefighters, do you think the TV show Third Watch portrays what Firefighting is really like. And by the way is anybody going to check out the show that comes on tonight, looks exciting.

WTFDFF10
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face

It's hard to tell since they hardly ever show any fire fighting! I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode.

Eng522ine
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Hey, the show might not be perfect but, it's TV's most realistic attempt to show what we do. Yes, tonite's show should be interesting, I'll be watching it as usual! Be safe all.

trumpeter75
    Firehouse.com Guest

It may not be a perfect representation of what we do, but it's better than some other "firefighting" shows that were on (Resuce 66, Backdraft).

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

It'll be a long time till we ever see such a great show about Firefighting like Emergency!, 3rd Watch, Well I must say that tonight's episode better live up to what it looks to be, It's not bad

Brian Dunlap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I Have yet to see the previews or will I get to see it until I get home from Work Tonight around 12 -- {Good 'Ol VCR} There will never be another 'EMERGENCY' that was probably the best show that showed it like it is -- Third Watch raley shows Firefighting and has turned in to more of a soap opra since its inception but One thing we should all remember is that it is entertainment and to keep its ratings and general audiance it needs to show some things that are a bit of the wall -- I don't think people would tune in each week to watch guys washing trucks and mopping floors with out a run {Some days are like this in the fire service} Now Explosions, And people Jumping out Windows and being caught by thier ankles by the rescuer ... Yeah now that sells ratings --- I have been told that tonight't episode should be a good one

------------------
    "S.F.C. Home of the New Jersey State Fire Firemen's Association Convention Champions 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, and 2000

Firefighter2197
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

it was a goood one
    did you catch the radio problem like what fdny really had a problem with
    shame about lanbardi
    and the realsim was good
    2197 over and out
    stay safe and have fun

Eng522ine
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

OK... I gotta give it to 'em. A thumbs-up that is. Great show and the realism wasn't nearly as far off as I had expected it to be. I just hope they keep up this level of work. Be safe all.

LtStick
    Firehouse.com Guest

I watched part of the show tonight. It wasn't bad keeping in mind the fact that its entertainment and not the real thing. I don't think they do a bad job all thing considered. I don't normally watch these kinds of shows just because I tend to get wound up by the actions of characters. A perfect example is when they show Firefighters in a burning structure and there is all kinds of fires around but, there isn't any smoke and they are able to walk upright in the structure in a area with a large amount of fire.
    I'd much prefer to watch a video of an actual fire versus a Hollywood type fire. I have several Clemco GTI videos and I'd rather watch them than Third Watch. This is only my opinion I'm sure there are many people who really like the show which is fine I'm just not one of them.

truckman_sta4
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey what a great episode....it had it's downsides but overall pretty good.. I like the way they protrayed some of our thinking. Got to admit I had an instance like that but on a much smaller scale and it hit home. Especially to the wife.

Haligan125
    Firehouse.com Guest

I wanted to see it, but this hot girl called me. and we talked for an hour and a half. so that was better than a tv show. But, from what I half saw it was good. I hope I see it in reapeats and can watch it. that's my two cents

fireater
    Firehouse.com Guest

I thought it was pretty good! It showed some great things like the "brotherhood" and then the not so great things like fighting fire standing up and that kinds of things but over all I say way to go!

------------------
    Stay Safe and remember to put the wet stuff on the red stuff

Co11FireChic
    Firehouse.com Guest

I my opinion, tonight's episode could quite possibly be one of the best, if not the best one yet. I know there were things in it that made it unrealistic but, for a T.V. show, I think they did well. I thought it was awesome. I stayed glued to the T.V. for the entire hour.
    ~Courtney

FF.FOREVER
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

To Haligan125" When did you start liking girls???..hehehehehehe(little joke).

From what I saw tonight the show I thought was awesome! I was watching sport center on ESPN and the guy that Jimmy tried to save and the one that had the big mouth on Engine 86 that pulled in front of the station was a pro football player for the N.Y. Gaints. I thought that was kind of cool.

It was about time they did something about the FDNY. I think they were trying to reanact the Worcestor Storage fire. Did you notice the radio problems and how the chief said nobody else could enter the building.

But all in all a very good episode by the way what happened to the FF that had some burns did he end up dying??(miss that part)

D.SCHWER
    Firehouse.com Guest

How many picked up the helmet coming out of the building.

This was the one of the first thing I was taught 25 years ago. Before there were FAST Teams and PASS Devices When in trouble the hat comes off and out a window or door.

That's about as real as it gets.

SBVFD-EXPLORER
    Firehouse.com Guest

I thought it was a good episode. Haven't seen it in a while. Did anyone catch the pierce and E-one engines in the show, also the ford excursion? Sometimes they sneak the little things in.

Bryan

------------------
    Sound Beach Volunteer Fire Department- The Pride of the East Side

My Photo Album

WFD56
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I definitely agree is was an excellent episode! It's about the best Hollywood can do to stay close to reality. Hey FF.FOREVER, I think you're correct on the reanactment of the Worchester fire. I especially thought the end, where Jimmy was hashing over the whole thing, was realistic: he said something like "these guys gave their lives to save me without asking who or what kind of person I was..." and at the end they had the caption "In the year 2000, 92 American Firefighters were killed in the line of duty."

------------------
    They're so hell bent on giving, walking a wire, convinced it's not living, if you STAND OUTSIDE THE FIRE.

Althea Forhan
    Firehouse.com Guest

I thought it was a good episode. The part where they had the "live news coverage" really brought back coming home from school and seeing Worchester on the news.

What'd everybody think of the football game?
    Althea

FFJB45
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Can anyone tell me what happened after Jimmy left the hospital, i had to go to a car fire

Mike DeVuono
    Firehouse.com Guest

Haligan stop lying...you know those mags don't make phone calls...LOL

I thought it was a great show. Hope to see more like it.

------------------
    Mike DeVuono

"There are few atheists inside a burning building."

These are my opinions and not those of my department.

Firelover
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Not sure how they represent FDNY, but I think it was a great show. I've been watching it ever since it came on and I've never missed an episode. I have to agree with some of the comments on "it's Hollywood". You could almost see the burners that created the fires. The nice "reality" part of it was the News Broadcast......

Over all, I think it's a better representation that other things that I've seen.

------------------
    Joel

If you sent us to HELL, WE'D PUT IT OUT!!

**And of course these are only my opinion and only mine. Don't take it out on anyone else but me.**

GBordas
    Firehouse.com Guest

It was an alright episode. Remember that it is just a TV show! It was interesting how they touched base on the radio problem. I sat around the firehouse and watched it with other members and we all agreed that it was basically the recreation of some of the incidents that happened at the Worcester,MA Cold Storage fire.

GB

[This message has been edited by GBordas (edited 06-06-2001).]

Neptune 33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

There was a Pierce? I think I would have remembered that, can you refresh me, of course the Squad is an E-One, but I missed the Pierce.

johnusn971
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by GBordas:
    It was an alright episode. Remember that it is just a TV show! It was interesting how they touched base on the FDNY radio problem. I sat around the firehouse and watched it with other members and we all agreed that it was basically the recreation of some of the incidents that happened at the Worcester,MA Cold Storage fire.

GB
    Remember please, this epsiode was filmed WAY before the Depts. radio fiasco.

How does the show represnt the FDNY? Below average to poor at best. I watched one epsiode. Was enough to say, "No more."

Doc DC3

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Pierce, What Pierce? There was no Pierce Squad 55 was an E-One, All the Rigs with the exception of Sq-55 were Seagrave, and the BC and AC vehicles and Ambulances were Fords

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information