Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    snowmankw77
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post New warning signs for intersections

In theory the new intersection signals will work but if people don't stop for red lights, stop signs, and fire trucks / police cars why are they going to stop for a sign that says clear intersection.

------------------
    Matt Briskey
    Eastern Garrett County
    Station 80
    www.easterngarrettvfrd.hoemste ad.com/home.html

"What's in it for me?

Hard Work
    Injury
    Possible Death
    A deep and abiding feeling of personal satisfaction found in few aspects of life"

"Nobody ever called the fire department when they did something smart!!"

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well the new instersection warning systems are being tested here in my City. This is a new system that also has a visual dispaly board that is attached to the pole right next to the traffic light, When either a Monrovia Police or Fire vehcile approaches the intersection the emergency personell can press a button on the trancever, The board which has a high resoltuon light on it will light up in the direction that the emergency vehicle is coming from and will also change the stop the lights, Here in Monrovia we're very honrored to be chosen as the test city for this project and hope that it will work and be installed in communitys the US

Engine 33
    Firehouse.com Guest

So we're talking about the E-Views system that Monrovia has been chossen to test, Well I sure hope it is a step towards increasing our saftey while enroute to an emergency,

CFD Explorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our city has had Opticom for a long time so this is not a new idea, but I think it is a good one.

Engine 101
    Firehouse.com Guest

Actaully this system is very much diffirent than the 3m system

[This message has been edited by Engine 101 (edited 05-17-2001).]

Thread Information